Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
KOing your teammate
05-17-2016, 05:52 PM
KOing your teammate
How common is it to try KOing your own teammate?

This weekend I played my first team game. At the end of the game both teams had enough artifacts/fortune to win the game. Two of three of my teammates were able to move to a starting city but the third did not roll high enough on movement to make it there. The opponent just sold an artifact to give them enough fortune to win and we already had enough but they were only two movement from their starting city therefore next turn they would likely get there. To resolve this problem and ensure a win my teammate tried to give the third teammate malaria.

What is everyone thoughts on KOing your teammate to get them back to a starting city to win the game?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2016, 02:35 AM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2016 02:35 AM by mqstout.)
RE: KOing your teammate
Winning the game section under cooperative (page 25):
"If the Heroes are able to reach their
group Fortune total before then, the
Heroes immediately win! There is no
need for the Heroes to return to any
of their starting Cities; as soon as they
have enough Fortune, the game ends
in victory for the players"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-18-2016, 05:54 AM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2016 07:25 AM by August700212.)
Thx, this was my first time playing team/coop and I forgot that rule.

Something just did not feel right so I had to ask.

Wait . . . I remember reading something about not having to be at your starting city but any starting city of a teammate to win a team game.

We were not playing against an evil organization. It was a 3 player vs. 3 player game.

I do not have the rules with me so I will confirm this when I get home.
05-18-2016, 07:15 AM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2016 07:23 AM by August700212.)
OK, I can not sleep so I will give more details about my first team adventure. (warning, memories are not 100% accurate and details may change depending on which person tells the story.)

Li, Jacques and Alexander were playing against Jake, Dr. Z. and Sharon. Jacques' team was hit with the card that required +2 fortune to win the game during the first turn making our win target 38. I hate Jacques. his bonuses do not warrant a +2 fortune penalty per teammate plus no sidekicks!

Jacques and Li did a great job acquiring artifacts. Alexander was targeted with every evil event card from the other team and spent must of the time KO'd and unable to help in adventures. When our team was at 15 fortune the group decided to use 20 for the victory condition instead of 30 due to time restrictions.

Alexander was able to make his first contribution to the team by meeting Jake in Los Angeles to steal his artifact and then sell it for 4 fortune bring our team up to 28 (enough to win now we need to get to anyone's home).

The next round Li made it to Rio and Alexander was KO'd as normal. This time it was due to a fight with something in an empty space. The other team was able to get to 21 fortune with Sharon in Moscow and Jake and Dr. Z. in Los Angeles. Jacques was equal movement between Rio and Hong Kong but did not roll enough to get there so he picked Rio as his destination. As he moved through a jungle space Li hit him with Malaria trying to KO him and get him to a starting city. He did not get KO'd but ended his move in an artifact location were he adventured. This at first sounded good because he could keep pushing it until he failed then we realized that the other team had enough to win and was only 2 spaces from a starting city. If he gets stuck in a cliffhanger it will be an automatic win for the other team. Luckily he ran across Nazis with flame throwers and was KO'd during his adventure giving our team the win with 28 fortune to 21.
05-19-2016, 02:02 AM
Page 26 under The Team Game
Getting Back to Starting Cities
As in the Competitive Game, once a Team has enough Fortune to win the game, all of the Heroes on that Team must be in any of their Starting Cities during the End Phase to win. It doesn't matter if you are in your own Starting City or a Teammate's Starting City as long as all of the Team's Heroes are in a Starting City and the combined Fortune total is high enough.
05-19-2016, 03:42 AM
I think you can do it. The rules allow it. Even if you're playing strictly competitively you can get KO'd to get home quickly. The win doesn't trigger until the start of the next round though as KO'd heroes take no part in the game.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
05-19-2016, 02:07 PM
Well, that's TEAM game vs COOP game. Were you playing Team or Coop? In a team game, it's a competitive game with multiple heroes on each side. In a coop game, all heroes are playing together as one. It sounded, to me, like you were playing a coop game (with shared victory).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-19-2016, 02:33 PM
(05-19-2016 02:07 PM)mqstout Wrote:  Well, that's TEAM game vs COOP game. Were you playing Team or Coop? In a team game, it's a competitive game with multiple heroes on each side. In a coop game, all heroes are playing together as one. It sounded, to me, like you were playing a coop game (with shared victory).

Sorry for not being clear. When I said team game I meant one team of 3 vs. one team of 3 with no vile organization.