Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Katrina vs. Grotesques
07-31-2010, 02:40 AM
Katrina vs. Grotesques
Katrina has an ability that says when rolling fight dice she hits on a 4, 5, or 6. The Gargoyle has a minion called the Grotesques which is only hit on a 6+. Does Katrina's ability trump the minions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-2010, 12:28 PM
RE: Katrina vs. Grotesques
Unfortunately, no. The Grotesques trump Katrina. At least, that's how I've always played it (and she's one of my favorites to play).
08-02-2010, 01:47 AM
You could take the average of the two. That'd be interpreting Grotesque as "one less chance" or Katarina's as "one extra chance". She'd hit on a 5 or 6 -- so she'd treat it as everyone else's normal.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-02-2010, 02:33 AM
I play it as No Katrina doesn't trump in this case.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
11-14-2010, 06:13 AM
To me they seem like 2 totally different rules that have nothing to do with each other. Katarina has the ability to hit on a 4, 5, or 6 which helps her in normal battles, but if the monster's ability states they're only hit on a 6+ then I would say they only take the hit if Katarina (or anyone) rolls a 6+. Katarina's ability shouldn't reduce the monster's so they can take a wound on a 5 or 6 instead.