Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Keeping the bord from sliding
04-07-2014, 11:09 AM
Keeping the bord from sliding
I was just having an idea. Is it possible to get something to keep the modular boards together, to prvent them from sliding, warping and the like, when gaming?

I know that you can get a base that keeps a peice of cardborad stand up straight (like in Arkham horror). I was wondering if something similar has been made, to keep two pwices of cardboard stick together ? I know, it sonds so silly when typing and explaining.

Maybe it could even be a cross, so it vould keep 4 peices together in one clamp ?

Any thoughts ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2014, 02:25 PM
RE: Keeping the bord from sliding
Failing anything fancy, additional or extra cost... we game using a tablecloth. Everything pretty much stays put with natural friction.

Or recent holiday, took TP and BitF... we chucked down one of our beach towels on the glass table. Things would have been sliding everywhere otherwise, but similar to the usual tablecloth, everything stayed put.

Probably not exactly what you're after, but it's simplistic.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
04-07-2014, 02:32 PM
we use a felt cloth too.

on a couple games with weird fitting boards.. we flip them over and use that low stick easy remove green or sometimes plu paintes tape and tape up the back of the baords. then flip over. that NEVER fails...
04-07-2014, 02:36 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2014 02:37 PM by mqstout.)
Anything that adds friction. There are rubbery game mats for this kind of thing. We generally just play on a large-enough table that a little jiggling is okay.

Example product: (note, I haven't used)
http://www.bfrgames.com/gripmat/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-07-2014, 03:24 PM
Great Watchmen02. Thanks for the replies. I have gone a little research myself, and came to the conclusion, that what i wanted was a H-profile plastic jointing strip. Im figuring if i can get that in acrylic plast (transparant) itll do the job nicely. Im gonna check out the local handyman store for just that Watchmen02.

If it works, ill be sure to let you guys know Watchmen02
05-29-2014, 06:32 PM
I have a friend who uses a joga mat on top of his game boards.

I didn't want to spend that much money, so I bought one of those cabinet rubber mats that line the bottoms of cabinets. It works well and it is smaller to transport.
05-29-2014, 07:15 PM
we have used a giant felt matt before.