Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kickstarter launched!
10-23-2013, 12:42 AM
Kickstarter launched!
That's it! The Kickstarter for Shadows of Brimstone just went LIVE!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1034...-brimstone
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2013, 12:51 AM
RE: Kickstarter launched!
Also there is another expansion coming for LNOE after blood in the forest as mentioned in the kickstarter for one of the backer levels
Find all posts by this user
10-23-2013, 01:24 AM
I got in at the Early Outlaw LevelWatchmen02

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
10-23-2013, 01:26 AM
Thanks for the heads up SoundGirl. I woke up just in time to grab one of the last Round 1 Mine Cart levels. Watchmen02
10-23-2013, 01:34 AM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2013 01:36 AM by Old Dwarf.)
(10-23-2013 01:26 AM)IanRoss Wrote:  Thanks for the heads up SoundGirl. I woke up just in time to grab one of the last Round 1 Mine Cart levels. Watchmen02

Show Off Watchmen02 they were all gone by the time I got there, but it
was a tad rich for my plastic. I may pick up some of the
extras later. This thing is over half there in in like an hour
so my theory on lack of advance buzz doesn't hold up.

OD

10-23-2013, 02:00 AM
(10-23-2013 01:34 AM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  
(10-23-2013 01:26 AM)IanRoss Wrote:  Thanks for the heads up SoundGirl. I woke up just in time to grab one of the last Round 1 Mine Cart levels. Watchmen02

Show Off Watchmen02 they were all gone by the time I got there, but it
was a tad rich for my plastic. I may pick up some of the
extras later. This thing is over half there in in like an hour
so my theory on lack of advance buzz doesn't hold up.

OD

Actually, if you look closely, there are still minecart levels available, but they go up in price the longer you wait to get in on it. Not saying you should spend more, but the minecart levels are a hell of a deal for others who are interested.
10-23-2013, 02:51 AM
Congrads Froggers-it's fully funded a headed toward the first stretch goal.

OD

10-23-2013, 03:42 AM
It is being said at BBG, but it is worth repeating here:

The tiered 'early bird chokes on the worm' Mine Cart levels are a bad move, in my opinion. Can you imagine being one of those cats that sat around waiting for the supposed launch, only to wake up the next day and find the Mine Cart level jumped four rounds and $75? Would it not have been a better idea to have an early bird of $325, then cap it at $350 or $375?

The game looks to be my Holy Grail of games; from theme on down, this is the game I've waited for. But the ill will created - and you just know it is going to rear its head - is going to be a damper.

For what it worth, I, too, went with the early $145 Outlaw Level.

... The same level that caps out at $150. *insert raised eyebrow*
10-23-2013, 04:41 AM
The Mine Cart price Levels do rather suck especially due to the delayed roll out.
I also was a little put off when a backer asked what was the point of the extra fig
sets & got the Frog reply that they were for use when you had cards to place figs
but all the figs were in use..at this price I would expect to have all the figs I need
to play the Game.

I'm not sure I would want some of the addons but will probably up my pledge to
cover some of them, the Frog states that more will be put out as the Project progresses.

All that said I am really looking forward to the Game & the Outlaw level has more than enough
to keep me occupied for awhile & I can always pick the adds later at retail as none seem to be exclusive.

OD

10-23-2013, 01:50 PM
I do hope you decide to change "Kickstarter exclusive" for the one hero (and any others that labeled as such; I don't see any though) to "Kickstarter exclusive for a while".

It's pretty bad for any game content to go, effectively, out-of-print. Sure, keep the figure exclusive [maybe], so those who use it to play the game will use a penny -- but release the hero sheet/stats as an official PDFs or something at the very least, if not selling it.

While the game's in print, 100% of the GAME content for it should remain available. Whether it's my case, where, even if I were sold on the game play, I don't have money for it right now. Or those who can't use Kickstarter now. Or simply the majority of others who don't interact with communities this way or even haven't heard about FFP yet (we're CONSTANTlY getting new here!) -- none of these people should be "punished" by having certain game content kept away from them just because they couldn't be an early adopter.