Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kickstarter launched!
10-23-2013, 03:26 PM
RE: Kickstarter launched!
I really wanted to get this game. But, it's hard for me to justify $150 for getting the Kickstarter exclusives. Even $75 is a lot for one game. I got LNOE for around $45. I like to get value out of my games. For example, I spent $60 on Marvel: Legendary and played it probably 20 times since I got it. Gives me about $3 a play. I've probably played LNOE 15 times, for the same value. I'd have to play Shadows of Brimstone 50 times to make it worth $3 a play. That would be once a week for an entire year. I've never played a game that much. Shadows looks so cool, but they lost me at $150.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2013, 06:12 PM
Well you can get 1 base game for $75 & the only exclusive so far is the outlaw.Once this comes out the add-ons/stretch stuff will be sold via distribution so you can pick up what "extras" you want cheaper.
(Hey this is weird my work computer is letting me access TZG,
it never did).

Frankly if your not super fanatic like m.....er some people
you can pick the Game up from the on'line discounters
for a better price point,of course you'll have to wait
longer.

OD

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
10-24-2013, 02:00 AM
Sorry OD, didn't mean to show-off Zombie17 I was quite lucky to wake up around a half hour after the kickstarter had launched and the first thing I did upon waking was check to see if it had begun yet. There were only 4 Round 1 Mine Cart pledges still available and I chose that one without reading anything assuming it would be close to a "get all the things" level given the price. I'm a completionist and would eventually grab everything anyway, might as well do it all in one shot.
10-24-2013, 11:29 AM
(10-24-2013 02:00 AM)IanRoss Wrote:  Sorry OD, didn't mean to show-off Zombie17 I was quite lucky to wake up around a half hour after the kickstarter had launched and the first thing I did upon waking was check to see if it had begun yet. There were only 4 Round 1 Mine Cart pledges still available and I chose that one without reading anything assuming it would be close to a "get all the things" level given the price. I'm a completionist and would eventually grab everything anyway, might as well do it all in one shot.

Just Kidding of course, you got a great deal my limit was $200
(my wife monitors me via Gift Cards)so even if a mine level
was open it would have done me no good. I also lucked out
by getting the early bird Outlaw, I'm going to drop my card balance
on some of the "extras" & then wait till the stuff hits retail
to get other stuff.

The amount of stuff you get is impressive & god knows
where the final amount will end up it still has a month to go
so I'm sure more stretch goals & add-ons will increase
the amount.

It's going to take you a week to unpack!!

OD

10-24-2013, 12:42 PM
(10-24-2013 11:29 AM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  It's going to take you a week to unpack!!

OD

But what a glorious week it shall be! I'll have the same "problem" when my All the Things! pledge from Cthulhu Wars comes in.
10-24-2013, 01:14 PM
I was hesitating a bit on backing this only because of the price. But then I thought in one month I can spend $150 on coffee and breakfast alone.

So I will be caffeine free for some time and a little bit hungry.

Also, I may be missing a few fingers after my wife hears what I have done.

But I am all in.
10-24-2013, 02:18 PM
I already pledged for this (and District-Z as well). I am already getting soooo excited for Shadows of Brimstone. Stinks that it is such a long wait. Next August cannot come soon enough. :-)

Crazy how fast they got funded. I think their first update said they reached their funding goal in one hour and twenty minutes! That is amazing! It is so exciting, too, watching all the stretch goals being rapidly matched, to the point that they keep having to add more. I cannot wait to see how high it will reach when it is done.

More importantly, I CANNOT WAIT to get my hands on this game. It is looking awesome!
10-24-2013, 05:52 PM
dammit. I gave in. Outlaw level.
10-24-2013, 06:26 PM
(10-24-2013 05:52 PM)ZombieDad Wrote:  dammit. I gave in. Outlaw level.

Guilty pleasuresWatchmen02

OD

10-26-2013, 06:08 PM
Looks like a very cool game, but I'll be passing as I still have plenty of LNOE material I still need to get. I'd say that Kickstarter was crazy successful.