Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Killing the hospital chaplain.
04-11-2012, 01:49 AM
Killing the hospital chaplain.
Played save the townsfolk as the zombies today.

My opponent playing father joe sat in the hospital pulling a first aid kit every turn with faith on father joe.

If I ignored the father and went after the other three heroes he sat and negated my cards. If I went after him he just tanked with his three dice and card negation and healed fully every round while the other three went about winning the game.

Just wondering if there is a way to break this up, other than a perfect storm of zombie cards or epic bad rolling by the humans. Any suggestions?

Also any one have good house rules on the scenario, save the townsfolk sounds good, but the mechanics are boring compared to other scenarios.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2012, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2012 12:48 PM by alderdust.)
RE: Killing the hospital chaplain.
One zombie card that would help you out would be "I've Got to Get to the..."

Play this card at the start of a Zombie Turn on any Hero and roll a Random Building.

That Hero may not search. Discard this card when the Hero moves into a space of that building. If the Hero is already in the building or cannot enter it, Re-roll.

Remains in Play

It would force Father Joseph to leave the hospital for another random building that may be across the board taking him out for a number of turns on the healing ability therefore cancelling the times he could use his special. You may want to try to drop a different card as a "decoy" to make him use it up before you play this one.

Also remember that...

The limit of use is governed by his wounds. He has to take a wound BEFORE rolling to see if he cancels and he must get a 3 or more. Therefore from full strength, he could only attempt cancels 4 cards and the fourth one would kill him.

Hope this helps. I will try to think of more as the day goes on.
04-11-2012, 01:04 PM
Well you surely would need to be playing all your cards each turn to stress the son of a gun... and make him the more powerless you can against the amount of cards you play... he gets to cancel up to 4 cards each turn

but has an average chance of 66% of cancelling it. so at least a card will pass you can try to get buy... but i strongly advise you to kill the damn Priest....

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
04-11-2012, 01:10 PM
I hate it when players camp down. If you play one on one that tends to happen more than when you play in group. If a zombieplayer ignores one players hero he can still have fun with the 3 others. If a zombieplayer ignores one player with one hero the game starts to get really boring really fast for that player. Especialy when you have friends like mine who start to bash the chickenshit hero as well Watchmen02

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-11-2012, 01:48 PM
There are also the cards to remove First Aid (or whatever) from the discard pile.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-11-2012, 03:28 PM
Hi, wow awesome ! I love being a Hero and playing this combination. It a favzies of mine to pick the Father and Becky. Truely an awesome pair.

In your game, i would recommend a "perfect storm" and your the weather god. If they left the chaplain unprotected, they miscalculated.

Yup yup, your up against a "pain in the butt"

If the Father is in the Hospital your lucky because a spawning pit is right there Watchmen02 Try to spawn there every turn. Relentlessly attack the Father. Try or hope you get cards the Chaplain would want to cancel. meanwhile...start marching your other Zombies to the Father. This may take about 4 turns.

I do not recommend holding cards, but desperate times deserve desperate measures. During your 4 turn march, start stacking your hand. With great cards.

There's No time, Leave it - discards a card from the Game
Cornered - Zombies roll 2 extra fight dice
Ohh No This Cant be happening - Play on Father Rolls 1 less fight dice until they start their turn with another Hero.
Loss of Faith - Sally knows something....she must!
Hold any card you think the Father would need to cancel.

Hold the cards until you can get 3 or more Zombies in his space, on your move. Keep track of where the first aid kit is (in hand or discard pile) "The Storm" has arrived. Play the cards, fight the Father. The Chaplain can take the wounds any way they choose. Even if he wins that fight, he will have to move or search. Hopefully you will have more zombies already there to attack or block the Father. and new cards to play on your turn.

"...bleed Padre....BLEED !!!!!"

The Hero player will sacrifice seacrhing or other such plans to save him. Chase the Father out of the Hospital. Like you might with a gun shop.
Kill the Padre !!!

Thats what I would try.

Its a good thing the Heroes didnt leave the Sheriff with the Padre and let Victor and Becky search the town. yah know Recovery is a First Aid card that goes into the Hero's hand.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
04-12-2012, 06:15 PM
(04-11-2012 12:47 PM)alderdust Wrote:  Also remember that...

The limit of use is governed by his wounds. He has to take a wound BEFORE rolling to see if he cancels and he must get a 3 or more. Therefore from full strength, he could only attempt cancels 4 cards and the fourth one would kill him.

He can actually only cancel 3. He dies after rolling for the 3rd attempt.

The order goes 3rd wound, roll to cancel, die from 3rd wound.
04-12-2012, 08:49 PM

The limit of use is governed by his wounds. He has to take a wound BEFORE rolling to see if he cancels and he must get a 3 or more.

Are you really taking a wound for every attempt? We played this wrong for the first few games, and it really balances this power out for us. You always take a wound, then roll to see if the card is cancelled.
04-13-2012, 08:17 AM
(04-11-2012 03:28 PM)PJON Wrote:  Hi, wow awesome ! I love being a Hero and playing this combination. It a favzies of mine to pick the Father and Becky. Truely an awesome pair.

In your game, i would recommend a "perfect storm" and your the weather god. If they left the chaplain unprotected, they miscalculated.

Yup yup, your up against a "pain in the butt"

If the Father is in the Hospital your lucky because a spawning pit is right there Watchmen02 Try to spawn there every turn. Relentlessly attack the Father. Try or hope you get cards the Chaplain would want to cancel. meanwhile...start marching your other Zombies to the Father. This may take about 4 turns.

I do not recommend holding cards, but desperate times deserve desperate measures. During your 4 turn march, start stacking your hand. With great cards.

There's No time, Leave it - discards a card from the Game
Cornered - Zombies roll 2 extra fight dice
Ohh No This Cant be happening - Play on Father Rolls 1 less fight dice until they start their turn with another Hero.
Loss of Faith - Sally knows something....she must!
Hold any card you think the Father would need to cancel.

Hold the cards until you can get 3 or more Zombies in his space, on your move. Keep track of where the first aid kit is (in hand or discard pile) "The Storm" has arrived. Play the cards, fight the Father. The Chaplain can take the wounds any way they choose. Even if he wins that fight, he will have to move or search. Hopefully you will have more zombies already there to attack or block the Father. and new cards to play on your turn.

"...bleed Padre....BLEED !!!!!"

The Hero player will sacrifice seacrhing or other such plans to save him. Chase the Father out of the Hospital. Like you might with a gun shop.
Kill the Padre !!!

Thats what I would try.

Its a good thing the Heroes didnt leave the Sheriff with the Padre and let Victor and Becky search the town. yah know Recovery is a First Aid card that goes into the Hero's hand.

I kept getting a useless card or two each round. He didn't bother cancelling movement cards, and timed removing remain in play cards well. It also helped I drew both the last night cards with an all male cast. Sadly I didn't get a good flurry of cards till late, and even then he survived as his other humans used one townie to cancel and 2 recovery to keep the father rolling. It was a very bad time. I think it all went wrong from the start when I pulled town overrun on my first draw and put a shotgun, med kit, the cleaver and a just what I needed in the discard. They drew just what I needed the third round and used the junkyard a lot on me. Those Just what I needed had to be played 6 times total.
04-13-2012, 12:45 PM
(04-12-2012 06:15 PM)outphase Wrote:  

He can actually only cancel 3. He dies after rolling for the 3rd attempt.

The order goes 3rd wound, roll to cancel, die from 3rd wound.

Joe could attempt to cancel 4 if he already has a First Aid kit: Attempt to cancel two, heal to full, attempt to cancel two more.