Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Adrianna vs. Crimson Hand
08-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Adrianna vs. Crimson Hand
This became a big issue in our last ATOE game. Adrianna has the ability to resolve her fight dice before her enemy. The crimson hand has an ability to roll an extra fight dice for every wound they have.

The Crimson Hand starts with two fight dice... so, in the very first fight round, let's say Adrianna rolls two hits... since her fight dice are resolved first, does that mean the crimson hand rolls two extra fight dice on the very first fight round? Or would they have to wait until the next fight round to roll those extra dice (since the fighting is still supposed to be happening simultaneously... Adrianna merely resolves hers first)?

I was arguing they would have to wait until the next fight round... but others felt very strongly the other way.

Help us resolve this!
Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2010, 10:31 PM
RE: Adrianna vs. Crimson Hand
Good Question _ I say if the enemy has 2hits when the CH combat occurs that he rolls the extra die.If she killed the enemy first the CH would not get his attack so following that logic
her combat has been resolved & the damaged done.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
08-03-2010, 10:45 PM
But are both Adrianna and the Crimson Hand supposed to roll at the same time and Adrianna's are merely resolved first? Or does Adrianna roll, her hits are resolved THEN Crimson Hand rolls? Oh, so many questions.
THANKS!
08-04-2010, 01:41 AM
bachslaugh Wrote:This became a big issue in our last ATOE game. Adrianna has the ability to resolve her fight dice before her enemy. The crimson hand has an ability to roll an extra fight dice for every wound they have.

The Crimson Hand starts with two fight dice... so, in the very first fight round, let's say Adrianna rolls two hits... since her fight dice are resolved first, does that mean the crimson hand rolls two extra fight dice on the very first fight round? Or would they have to wait until the next fight round to roll those extra dice (since the fighting is still supposed to be happening simultaneously... Adrianna merely resolves hers first)?

I was arguing they would have to wait until the next fight round... but others felt very strongly the other way.

Help us resolve this!
Thanks!

Page 16 of the Rulebook outlines how a fight should be broken down.

Your friends are incorrect in assuming The Crimson Hand gets +* Fight Dice on the first Fight Round. The Crimson Hand gains that advantage only when they have Wounds, and Wounds are not inflicted until Hits are resolved. Unless they start the first Fight Round with Wounds (possibly from a previous battle?), they would only roll 2 Fight Dice total.

The Hero rolls first, then The Crimson Hand rolls. This is probably where your friends were confused. After the rolls, Hits are assigned. If nothing can be done to cancel or negate the Hits (via Event cards), they are resolved into Wounds. Normally this resolution occurs for both the Hero and Minion at the same time. Adrianna's ability allows her Fight Dice to be resolved first; therefore, she inflicts Wounds before The Crimson Hand's Fight Dice are resolved, and in your situation The Crimson Hand dies before Wounding Adrianna.

First post, hope I helped.

"wait, what? that was the happy ending?"

Diligently awaiting the Zompocalypse.
08-05-2010, 05:07 PM
Awesome! Thanks! I knew it!