Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Krampus - several questions from first game session
12-29-2014, 04:29 PM
Krampus - several questions from first game session
We played our first game against Krampus last night and came up with several questions. I'm going to send these off to FFP via email and I'll post them on BGG as well.

If anyone can add to these feel free.

Krampus questions from first game session:

1. When is the Naughty Or Nice ability performed? At the beginning of each Round? Or at the beginning of each player’s turn? Is it conducted once between Mystery Phases? Or multiple times?
2. A Naughty Or Nice roll fo 6 earns the Hero a Random Town Item. Can that come from the Monastery or the Coast stacks as well?
3. Does that 6 roll earn the Hero a free random Town Item as well as the benefits of the 5 roll – a free Event Card. “If the roll is 5, the Hero also gets to draw an Event card. If the roll is 6, the Hero may also take a Random Town Item card for free.” The way they are written it seems they could stack.
4. Do KO’d Heroes participate in Naughty Or Nice?
5. Do KO’d Heroes participate in Perchta or Burkenrute on the Minion Chart?
6. Are KO’d Heroes counted when determining if there are more Naughty than Nice for the Shadow Track in Perchta and Burkenrute?
7. If they were KO’d during Naughty Or Nice and didn’t choose, are they considered neutral for the resolution of Perchta and Birkenrute on the Minion Chart? Or does it default to their previous choice?
8. Can more than one Revelers be in the same space? What to do otherwise?
9. If there are multiple Revelers in a space can a player encounter each of them on his turn for one action each?
10. If there are multiple Revelers in a space but you are limited to encountering only one of them do they all get moved to new random locations? Or only the one you encounter?
11. If a Reveler, moving to the scene of a Murder due to Krampuslaufen, runs into a Militia and is moved to a Random Location, does it continue its movement toward the scene of the Murder?
12. Can more than one Townsfolk be in the same space? What to do otherwise?
13. If there are multiple Townsfolk in a space can a player encounter each of them on his turn for one action each?
14. If a Town Elder’s token is in the cup how do you handle On The Hunt, Secret Madness, etc? Do they come out of the cup? Can Elders in that state on the board be claimed by the Revelers?
15. If a Town Elder’s token is on the board when he becomes On The Hunt, etc. how do you resolve his token on the board? On The Hunt allows you to place the token where you like. Do you just move it?
16. When a token on the board becomes On The Hunt do you draw a new Townsfolk token?
17. Can Elders that have their tokens on the board because of On The Hunt, Secret Madness, etc. be claimed by the Revelers?
18. If an Elder is in the Sack, and continuing to gain secrets, do the secrets become revealed when they have 3 or more? How are they resolved if they are other than Little Secrets?
19. If an Elder is a Hero of the People and is with a Hero what happens if his token gets moved to the Sack?
20. If the Random Location for placing a Townsfolk already has a Reveler there do you redraw? Or put the token directly into the Sack and draw a new token?
21. Do carry limits still apply? If I free an Ally from the Sack and I already have a card from his Corner Location do I have to discard one?
22. If I elect to not keep an Ally when I free him from the Sack where does he (his card and token) go?
23. During the #6 Minion Chart roll – Krampus Attacks, does Krampus use his Punishing The Naughty basic ability and so get those additional dice against the Hero’s Allies?
24. During the #6 Minion Chart roll – Krampus Attacks, if Krampus gets his Punishing The Naughty basic ability and the Hero has a Hero of the People with him, does Krampus get a die against that Town Elder?
25. If an Ally is eaten from the Sack we are instructed to place the card in “it’s proper discard pile”. Is that to say it goes to its corner location discard pile? Or Town Items stack as the case may be? What becomes of its token? Does it now stay out of the cup so it is safe from being placed back on the board? Can a player still recover and use the Ally by perhaps retrieving any card from a discard pile?
26. If a Town Elder is eaten from the Sack he is marked as Killed. Does his token also become exempt from being put back into the cup?
27. Game setup instructs us to place all the Ally tokens in a cup. To my knowledge there is no official token for the Scarlet Shadow. Is he exempt from the cup then? Does he just remain in the Keep deck? Similarly, is it the intent to include Allies from the Town Items in the cup who also don’t have official tokens?
28. If those Allies are not included in the cup, are they still considered for Krampus’ Punishing The Naughty basic ability if they are with the Hero?
29. Does Krampus get any material benefit from killing an Ally that is with a Hero (other than depriving the Hero of the Ally)?

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2016, 10:31 PM
RE: Krampus - several questions from first game session
Hello ATOEtalGeek,

Did you ever get answers to your questions? if not, I am curious on how you played them.

New Questions that came up when I tried the Krampus.
30. If Doctor Manning is alive and Late Night Experiments is played, do you roll for each ally token on the board and in the sack?
31. I am new to the game and randomized all the tokens that looked like allies. During the game I found that not all of them had cards in the decks. This is probably more of an error on my part than a questions but are Ben, Carla, Sebastian Skinner and Delani allies? If so, which deck are their card in? NOTE: I currently only have ATOE and SW.
04-24-2016, 06:52 AM
RE: Krampus - several questions from first game session
Ben (Olde Woods), Carla (Windmill) and Delani (Manor) are all in The Allies supplement pack.

Sebastian Skinner is not actually an ally.

Good catch on Late Night Experiments. That hasn't come us for us in any Krampus games but I would just roll for them whether they're on the board or in the sack.

Check out this thread on BGG fo answers to my questions above.
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/17845465#17845465

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...