Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
L4D2...Buy?
05-04-2011, 11:40 PM
L4D2...Buy?
Hello all.

About 6 months back, my bros and I rented a couple copies for L4D2 a couple times. Played through the campaign on expert. Really enjoyed it.

Now with the new DLC packs and the pending near-future DLC pack...we were wondering whether this was worth a buy a couple copies for Xbox 360 for $25-$30 along with purchasing the new DLC
OR
would it make more sense to pick it up for PC in order to play with all the mods and what not?

Your answers are appreciated!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2011, 01:34 AM
RE: L4D2...Buy?
$20 on PC with DLC for free and mods. Why would you choose otherwise?

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
05-05-2011, 02:09 AM
(05-05-2011 01:34 AM)D153453D Wrote:  $20 on PC with DLC for free and mods. Why would you choose otherwise?

Because my $200 Xbox works fine, but my $600 PC is a POS!

Otherwise, I would totally follow this advice. Insane20
05-05-2011, 05:50 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2011 05:52 AM by D153453D.)
Minimum Specs:

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz
Graphics Card : DirectX 9.0 compatible video card with 128 MB, Shader model 2.0. (NVidia 6600/ ATI X800 or better)
RAM : 1 GB for Windows XP / 2 GB for Windows Vista (Assume 2 GB for Windows 7)
Hard Disk : 7.5 GB of free hard drive space
Sound Card : DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Direct X : 9.0c
Installation : DVD ROM

If your computer isn't at least up to this. You should buy a new computer. The computer I bought 6 years ago could have run this if I still had it.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
05-05-2011, 07:48 AM
Personally, my cpu specs can certainly handle that. The challenge would be convincing my older bro to pick it up for PC since he HATE HATE HATES!!!! computer games even though it clearly would be the more financially sensible option lol
05-05-2011, 07:51 PM
(05-05-2011 05:50 AM)D153453D Wrote:  Minimum Specs:
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz
If your computer isn't at least up to this. You should buy a new computer. The computer I bought 6 years ago could have run this if I still had it.

I am at 2.?GHz on a PC from about 8 years ago. I never game, and agree that I need a new one. My friends only play on Xbox too, though, so the motivation just hasn't been there.

My laptop may be able to run this... I should check. It is Vista, though, and I don't think I am at 2GB RAM in that.
05-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Yeah if your pc can handle it I would go definitely go with the pc version. The free mods and updates can greatly extend the life of the game.
New community maps always keep me coming back time to time.
06-14-2011, 12:25 AM
Hahahaha! I have the same problem but I payed 1200$ for my PC. BECAUSE of that I don't PC game at all, unless I want to play an RTS. I know any game I buy for my 360 will work, and my buddies don't have to invest in a massive gaming computer either. Sigh...

Anyway, yeah totally go for it. I'm looking at doing the exact same thing myself since I got a new Xbox a few months ago.
06-26-2011, 08:37 PM
I agree with what most people here have said. It's an awesome game, and I actually had it for both the 360 and the PC for a while. I just sold my xbox 360 version, as my friends have all switched to PC gaming. Game play is just better on the PC too, in my opinion. Better controls (mouse vs thumbstick) and (generally) better graphics, as well as all those mods/maps you can download. At this point all I use by 360 for is a glorified netflix player, although I'll still probably by mass effect 3 for it when it comes out hehe.
06-30-2011, 07:53 PM
If your brother's PC can handle the game but he just dislikes mouse and keyboard (don't hate, PC gamers, they exist), tell him that a wired Xbox 360 controller will work with L4D2 on the PC, and if he's running Vista or Win 7, it will autoconfigure itself to match up to the Xbox 360 control scheme (I recall some driver voodoo to get my 360 controller working in XP).