Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNOE: Aftermath (Potential Spoilers?)
10-23-2012, 12:51 AM
RE: LNOE: Aftermath (Potential Spoilers?)
(10-22-2012 11:43 PM)LabRat Wrote:  A tantalizing teaser in the Q&A section of the Timber Peak rulebook (which is available for download at FFP's official website):

Q - Are all of the other Heroes from Woodinvale dead?
A – No. Some others made it out. Some did not.

At least we know that there are others, not just Sally, Jake and Sheriff Anderson.

After all those sacrifices Johnny did for Jenny, I'd be surprised if she wasn't a Survivor.

(10-22-2012 11:56 PM)Dillon00 Wrote:  The quote on the bottom of the Asylum Inmate Roster card (from the Unique Items deck):

"Here it is Sally...in the roster."
"That's not possible, my mother's dead."

Who are Asylum inmates? O.o But yeah, that shows a bit of backstory.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2012, 09:53 AM
And they'd better make an Asylum expansion. Seriously Timber Peak Asylum... Tying into the 'Its happened before' storyline...

Oh well...

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
10-23-2012, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2012 04:19 PM by kassle.)
Originally, I was a little peeved that 3 of the 6 heroes in TP were Survivors. But, after acquiring all of the existing expansions, I've come around to (and actually really dig) the idea of Hero survivors in expansions. A nice mix of a few new folks along with existing surviving Heroes w/ upgraded abilities from their former incarnation is actually pretty cool and definitely lends itself to the film/story theme. So, consider me a fan of Survivor Heroes!!!

With that in mind, I couldn't help but pick up on something in the promo info for the TP expansion Blood in the Forest: "Last Night on Earth: Blood in the Forest, which can be combined with any Last Night on Earth standalone game, includes a set of game boards with remote forest locations, a double-sided central forest game board with airfield, two new Heroes, new "feral zombies" that are faster and hungrier than zombies of years past, new Hero and Zombie cards, counters and scenarios."

I kinda think that might be a sneaky way of covering up that it also includes two RETURNING Heroes, as well, since all of the LNOE expansions have included 4 Heroes.

So, TP is the twin of LNOE, then what if BITF is essentially the twin of GH, in terms of being a large expansion? I am hopeful that means we will see 2 surviving Heroes from GH appear alongside the two new Heroes in BITF.

As for Rachelle & Kenny...Kenny's a goner based on one of the previous cards. And as much as I like Rachelle, we already have a Law Enforcement Hero Survivor, so she wouldn't be bringing much new to the table in terms of continuing as a Hero Survivor.

With Amanda, I think an evolution of her Hide ability could be interesting. With a roll of 4+, Amanda not only hides, but earns a roll to attampt to attack a zombie (much like the fighting mechanic, if she rolls doubles the enemy is killed).

With Sam...maybe he's had to saw off an arm and has a gun or weapon strapped to it. Not sure how the injury would impact him (maybe he is back down to 3 wounds), but maybe Sam always has a gun and cannot lose it (since it is strapped to his arm).

So I guess I'm hoping for the returns of an upgraded Sam (sans arm) and Amanda (in a tattered Prom Queen dress). Zombie13

Damn...I'm rambling.
10-23-2012, 11:39 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2012 01:59 AM by Bokya.)
Good point on the Blood expansion. The two new ones are a Nun (Replacing Father Joseph I suppose for the Holy Keyword) and another person. I really hope there are new survivors, particularly one from each of the Expansions GH and HP1. There's an upcoming HP2 or so in the future featuring the 4 Townsfolk in LNOE, so that'll fill some people's cravings for new heroes. I wonder if some of them will be tagged as 'Survivor'. That'll be somewhat interesting, but that means we won't ever get a Principal Gomez.

The difference as to why Billy is KIA and Kenny is still questionable is because the photo states he's pretty much in trouble, but not dead yet. Whereas Billy is shown Zombified (Heck, he's the Zombie Hero logo) and his death is recorded in Sheriff Anderson's BIO in TP. I might up Kenny to the same threat level as Johnny though, as there is a card that shows him biting a Zombie. Will make lvl 1 and lvl 2 Risk for death, soon I think. I would like to see an armless Sam. Imagine him getting bitten, then him just slicing his arm off to prevent himself from going Z.
10-23-2012, 11:46 PM
(10-23-2012 11:39 PM)Bokya Wrote:  There's an upcoming HP2 or so in the future featuring the 4 Townsfolk in LNOE, so that'll fill some people's cravings for new heroes.

Do you have a source for this? Sounds cool but I can't find anything about it.
10-23-2012, 11:54 PM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2012 11:58 PM by LabRat.)
I read somewhere that the two new heroes are Sister Ophelia and Agent Carter (an FBI agent). So there's another Law Enforcement character right there.

Also, does Hero's Sacrifice in Hero Pack 1 indicate that Victor didn't make it?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-24-2012, 12:32 AM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2012 12:35 AM by ForestRunner.)
(10-23-2012 07:27 PM)kassle Wrote:  Originally, I was a little peeved that 3 of the 6 heroes in TP were Survivors. But, after acquiring all of the existing expansions, I've come around to (and actually really dig) the idea of Hero survivors in expansions. I have enough Heroes that I don't need 4 or 6 new Heroes per game. A nice mix of a few new folks along with existing surviving Heroes w/ upgraded abilities from their former incarnation is actually pretty cool and definitely lends itself to the film/story theme. So, consider me a fan of Survivor Heroes!!!

Exactly how I felt. Piked off big time about the Survivor thing. Now I've really embraced it. I also have TP seperate, and essentially have 2 LNOE games... whilst of course looking to expand on TP.

(10-23-2012 07:27 PM)kassle Wrote:  If you read the promo info for the TP expansion Blood in the Forest, it will include TWO new Heroes: "Last Night on Earth: Blood in the Forest, which can be combined with any Last Night on Earth standalone game, includes a set of game boards with remote forest locations, a double-sided central forest game board with airfield, two new Heroes, new "feral zombies" that are faster and hungrier than zombies of years past, new Hero and Zombie cards, counters and scenarios."

I kinda think that might be a sneaky way of covering up that it also includes two RETURNING Heroes, as well, since all of the LNOE expansions have included 4 Heroes.

I'm also hoping we will have two TP heroes and two Woodinvale survivors. I'm thinking it will go that way - emphasis mine of course... who really knows how it will pan out.

(10-23-2012 07:27 PM)kassle Wrote:  So, TP is the twin or LNOE, then what if BITF is essentially the twin of GH, in terms of being a large expansion? I am hopeful that means we will see 2 surviving Heroes from GH appear alongside the two new Heroes in BITF.

I similarly envisage BITF close to GH. I like the idea of another centre board and find the proposed straight boards intriguing. Not really phased if potential survivor heroes are from GH or not - remember there are a few other base game heroes not yet accounted for.

Here is the recap again... also note the twist on Agent Carter. The imagination is limitless on the doors this can open up.

The Blood in the Forest Expansion sees the Heroes fight their way deeper into the forested mountains, and can be added to LNOE: Timber Peak or directly to the original Last Night on Earth. Blood in the Forest adds:

A full set of new Forest Boards (4 Corners and 4 Straight pieces)
A new double-sided Forest Center Board (with the Airfield)
A set of 7 vicious new Feral Zombies
2 new Heroes
- Sister Ophelia, the reformed nun
- Agent Carter, an FBI agent who knows more about the outbreak than he lets on

A host of new Hero and Zombie cards, counters, Scenarios, and Game Mechanics. Blood in the Forest also expands on the Fire and Upgrades systems originally introduced in LNOE: Timber Peak. As the Zombie plague spreads, the forests will run red!

I'm personally also hoping we get some exclusive web content to in a similar way SU, ZP and RotD were done.

Happy days for LNOE Insane04

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
10-24-2012, 12:34 AM
(10-23-2012 11:46 PM)Dillon00 Wrote:  
(10-23-2012 11:39 PM)Bokya Wrote:  There's an upcoming HP2 or so in the future featuring the 4 Townsfolk in LNOE, so that'll fill some people's cravings for new heroes.

Do you have a source for this? Sounds cool but I can't find anything about it.

http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...s-Official

Source: Samuraitrev quoting Jason C. Hill. I know it's a case of hearsay without any digital proof, but as far as sources go, I think we can trust this one. Watchmen02 I wonder if it'll be a 'free gift' web content, or they'll offer it as a purchase. I'm leaning towards purchase. I want those minis.

(10-23-2012 11:54 PM)LabRat Wrote:  I read somewhere that the two new heroes are Sister Ophelia and Agent Carter (an FBI agent). So there's another Law Enforcement character right there.

Also, does Hero's Sacrifice in Hero Pack 1 indicate that Victor didn't make it?

Do you happen to have a scan of the image? The wording sounds extremely grim though. Might add that when I get the chance. You're awesome. :3
10-24-2012, 12:57 AM
@Bokya: Here you go, bottom row third from the left:

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1034221/l...size=large
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-24-2012, 01:25 AM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2012 01:59 AM by Bokya.)
I'd say that qualifies for a death. Card Name, Card ability and Art Points in that direction.

Notes:
I wonder if the card 'Survivor' is a Nod to Stacy Surviving.
After looking at the expansion cards, I think I've figured out how both Billy and Father Joseph Kicked it.

Billy: Took Down Zombies with him ALA 'I'll see you in Hell'. Didn't quite die, then got eaten by other Zombies he didn't kill with the blast.
Father Joseph: Medical Records stated he was already dying. Possibly stayed behind to help some Survivors escape, or succumbed to his wounds.