Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNOE: Blood in the Forest
02-01-2014, 01:10 AM
RE: LNOE: Blood in the Forest
(01-20-2014 06:21 AM)orewashinanai Wrote:  There's a picture on the box for BitF of Mr. Goodard. I wonder if there'll be a survivor version of him!

I saw this as came to the same conclusion. Why would they have him pose with the Blood in the Forest characters if he was dead?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2014, 09:33 AM
I think so. If BitF is the second movie, then there aren't enough characters. More survivor versions would fit with the experience system and a couple more completely new characters would be good, especially a backwoods hunter with a crossbow. Maybe not until 2015 though.

Interestingly enough there seems to be story-building between all FFP games. I don't just mean the Cartright family, but the monster that can be summoned by F&G's Crimson Hand seems to be right out of SoB.
02-07-2014, 12:07 AM
Check out my Blood in the Forest unboxing video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK_1h6t1okI
03-25-2014, 08:26 PM
(02-07-2014 12:07 AM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Check out my Blood in the Forest unboxing video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK_1h6t1okI

That looks like it could be a whole bunch of brain-nombling fun! Thanks for sharing that!
03-26-2014, 12:22 AM
(03-25-2014 08:26 PM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 12:07 AM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Check out my Blood in the Forest unboxing video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK_1h6t1okI

That looks like it could be a whole bunch of brain-nombling fun! Thanks for sharing that!

No worries. Thanks for checking it out. I've had my 1st game and will be posting a game report soon.
03-26-2014, 05:27 AM
(03-26-2014 12:22 AM)samuraitrev Wrote:  
(03-25-2014 08:26 PM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  

No worries. Thanks for checking it out. I've had my 1st game and will be posting a game report soon.

Curious to see how the complexity ramps. My group is just starting on Growing Hunger and Hero Pack 1. Have purchased SotF but not added the rules yet.

Also want to hear if you recommend skipping TP and going straight to BitF or if having TP makes a better experience. Seems like a lot of overlap with the base game...I want the new characters but the survivors seem unnecessary...would have preferred three new characters.
03-27-2014, 04:57 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2014 04:59 AM by ForestRunner.)
(03-26-2014 05:27 AM)BriBriSlat Wrote:  Curious to see how the complexity ramps. My group is just starting on Growing Hunger and Hero Pack 1. Have purchased SotF but not added the rules yet.

Also want to hear if you recommend skipping TP and going straight to BitF or if having TP makes a better experience. Seems like a lot of overlap with the base game...I want the new characters but the survivors seem unnecessary...would have preferred three new characters.

My view on it...

Star Wars: A New Hope... everything prior to Timber Peak.

The Empire Strikes Back: Timber Peak, Blood in the Forest and Hold the Line scenario. (The "survivors" are those rebels who survived the dogfight from the first movie - when attacking the Death Star).

It's the most simplistic analogy I could come up with.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
03-27-2014, 05:40 PM
I would say everything prior to Timber Peak has a different feel to it, I can't really define why. It's like the game's grown up, if that makes sense. I've just mixed everything together and I mean everything for LNoE available. The games actually more balanced now in my opinion. Although I do understand that some gamers like to keep LNoE + expansions seperate from TP, BitF and Hold the Line as a they see them as a sequal which is actually true. TP is set after Woodinvale.
03-28-2014, 01:06 AM
(03-27-2014 05:40 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  I would say everything prior to Timber Peak has a different feel to it, I can't really define why.

Agree it's a very different feel, Samurai... very different.

I'm almost convinced I have 2 games. Not a complaint by any stretch.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
04-27-2014, 12:44 AM

I watched it yesterday, good rapport!!