Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNOE Expansions combined
11-27-2013, 11:09 PM
LNOE Expansions combined
Hi Everyone,

In my gaming group we have LNOE, Timber Peak and Survival of the Fittest. Thinking of Growing hunger next but bit worried about combining the all together being overly complicated and bit of a mess. Has anyone done this. Also is Growing Hunger worth getting or just go for a hero pack?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2013, 11:54 PM
RE: LNOE Expansions combined
I've combined every add on ever released and it works great. I would say growing hunger's a must. Hero Pack 1 is cool too.
11-28-2013, 12:20 AM
Smile RE: LNOE Expansions combined
(11-27-2013 11:54 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  I've combined every add on ever released and it works great. I would say growing hunger's a must. Hero Pack 1 is cool too.

Do you keep them all separate between games or in one big box of fun ?

Think Growing Hunger for Xmas then. Not sure how I feel about zombies using weapons though!
11-28-2013, 12:37 AM
(11-28-2013 12:20 AM)slysy2001 Wrote:  
(11-27-2013 11:54 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  I've combined every add on ever released and it works great. I would say growing hunger's a must. Hero Pack 1 is cool too.

Do you keep them all separate between games or in one big box of fun ?

Think Growing Hunger for Xmas then. Not sure how I feel about zombies using weapons though!

1 big box of happiness. I too was unsure about the ZWGW but some of them such as the Blood Spray, Crawling Torso, Recently Dead, Bloated Body, Stench of the Dead and Barbed Wire aren't actually tooled up. It's just the Axe, Machete and Sickle Zombies that are a bit anti-Romero! Oh and the Explosive Zombie I just envisage as a Zombie still clinging to a petrol can. He was killed trying to refuel and clung to it in a death grip.
Tactically they add a hell of a lot to a ZP's options. I recommend you reconsiderZombie20
11-28-2013, 01:14 PM
I have combined them all as well and prefer it that way.
06-02-2015, 10:59 PM
I have the base game and all expansions except "Timber Peak" and "Blood in the Forest". Getting those soon for birthday hopefully Watchmen02 I think it is all very much worth it, the expansions that are just a couple of cards and models included. It all blends together very well.

"This can't be happening....AGAIN!!!"
06-05-2015, 08:55 PM
I agree with combining the whole thing. The only thing my group and I keep separate is Timber Peak, along with the expansions that came after that. We sort of treat Timber Peak like a sequel, so it and all its expansions we keep separate.

Granted, we may mix in some of the stuff from before into Timber Peak now and then (like zombies with grave weapons, the grave dead, etc.), but for the most part we keep those separate.

All of the expansions before Timber Peak, though, fit perfectly well together in my one big box of zombie fun.

P.S. Shouldn't this thread be in the Last Night On Earth section instead of just the random board game section? :-P
06-05-2015, 10:17 PM
I'd advocate buying two sets of Blood in the Forest so you can mix it in with both Timber Peak and LNoE. ;-)
11-11-2015, 04:26 PM
I have thought about getting all the expansions and putting them together but it seems like a nightmare combining all the rules. It seems to much to keep track of. I suppose you can pick and choose which rules to play but does it seem worth buying if they aren't being fully utilized?
11-11-2015, 07:02 PM
Since we're talking about this again, (Length between posts: 11-28-2013 - 06-02-2015) I'll chime in to say we do pretty much the same thing StayPuft does.

I don't know about buying two copies of Blood in the Forest though. That seems a little excessive lol.

The thing to remember when combining sets, is the only rules that matter are the ones listed on your scenario card. So it does not get overly complicated by combining sets and expansions. It'll be as complicated as the scenario you pick out to play.

The biggest difference to me is the sheer size of the hero draw pile after a couple of big box expansions hit the table. In the original game the Heroes could lose by running out of cards to draw. I haven't had that happen in years due to the sheer of the hero cards pile. I feel this is the biggest notable difference when combining sets and expansions, but I don't really consider it a drawback because I always felt losing the game by running out of cards in the hero draw pile was highly unsatisfactory for all parties involved.