Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
LNOE/IFOS Scenario: We found the weakness!
02-03-2011, 08:14 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2011 05:50 AM by Orguss.)
LNOE/IFOS Scenario: We found the weakness!
[Image: IFOSLNOEWeakness-1.jpg]
[Image: IFOSLNOEWeaknessBack.jpg]

I got lost on the scenario template so if someone wants to help me out with that to get it all saved properly... otherwise text mode it is.

Turns: 18

Recommended players: 4 (1 zombie, 1 martian, 2 players playing 4 each)
6 (1 zombie, 1 martian, 4 players playing 2 each)
8 (2 zombie, 2 martian, 4 players playing 2 each)

In this game set up, line it up so that the road into town and out line up. Remaining tiles need to have the Hospital in one corner and the Animal Pen in the opposite end, beyond that tiles may be random. Center square is Mansion and Tent. Hero selection is Random except for Cassidy the Trick Shooter and Jake The Drifter.

"Hey, I found the weakness, you just gotta trust me on this one!"

Rules:

* The only people that are allowed to cross over into the other side of the board are Jake and Cassidy. Jake because he's dredge enough to fit in with the Circus folk, and Cassidy because she's respectable enough that Woodinvale would listen.

* To win, the heroes must locate 2 search items on each side of the board, transfer via a 'drifter' character to the OTHER side, and give up their turn in the center square to help the opposite side learn the weaknesses to combat the onslaught. The Scenario Search Item's for Woodinvale is Med Kit + Fire Extinguisher, while the Circus Scenario Search Item's are the Cabbage + Water Bucket. (Yes, Cabbage + Water will stop a zombie horde. Just go with it)

* Cassidy and Jake may only carry one Scenario Search item at a time. If they die while carrying a Scenario Search Item, it goes to the discard pile. If they give up their turn while in the Center of Town or Center of the Circus Tent while carrying the opposite side's Search item, remove that card from the game and mark off that part of the win condition.

* If Cassidy or Jake die, the other may continue working on completing the objective. Only if both die do the Heroes lose.

* To prevent blocking the road into town/out of town, if an enemy is blocking the road square, roll an Agility Check. A failure, you stop and must fight the enemy. On a passed check, you may move into the next adjacent empty space. You may continue movement if you had movement points remaining.

* Zombies may not leave Woodinvale, and Martians may not invade Woodinvale. Also, treat the edge of the two boards as having a barrier that does not provide line of sight for any ranged attacks and/or blasts. IE: You can not sit on the edge of Woodinvale and shoot a martian on the other side with a gun.

* If a card designates a hero it may be played on any hero, not just your board section. If a card designates a martian it may only be played on a martian and vice-versa with a zombie. The only exception to this rule is guns. A gun may target a zombie or a martian. IE: Cassidy travels into Woodinvale, she could shoot a zombie even though her Brace says Martian.

Win Condition:

Heroes win if they have given Cabbage and Water Bucket to the Mansion square and if they have given a Med Kit and Fire Extinguisher to the Circus Tent square.

Non-Heroes win if they kill Cassidy and the Drifter. If the Heroes run out of time. Or if they kill 4 heroes of a same board side. (4 of any circus folk or 4 of any Woodinvale folk)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2011, 09:38 PM
RE: LNOE/IFOS Scenario: We found the weakness!
Mwhaha. Got it after a lot of trial and error on the scenario template.
02-04-2011, 01:30 AM
I don't have them both so I can't comment on the play aspect, but, purely from a presentation point of view, some of your text on the scenario card could be reduced to have it fit easier. For example:

"The Hero selection is random except for Jake the Drifter and Cassidy the Trick Shooter" could read "Jake and Cassidy must be chosen Heros."

Also, a simple diagram in place of # 1 on the scenario card would free up a lot of space.

I do like the sound of transfering cabbage though. Sounds interesting.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
02-04-2011, 04:51 AM
You do know I hate you so much... god, that makes perfect sense ;(
02-04-2011, 05:06 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2011 05:06 AM by D153453D.)
There's always something overlooked. I look my stuff over and over, but sometimes I just need a fresh pair of eyes. Avatar pun not intended.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
02-06-2011, 09:59 AM
Wow, this looks very promising. I'll have to try it with my game group, and maybe even take it to GameStorm this March!
02-11-2011, 07:43 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2011 07:49 AM by dalembraun.)
(02-06-2011 09:59 AM)dalembraun Wrote:  Wow, this looks very promising. I'll have to try it with my game group, and maybe even take it to GameStorm this March!

OK, I've already got some questions for this scenario:

1- Does the cross-over Hero have to burn a turn to hand over the Scenario Search Item to a Hero from the other side when in the center square, or is it just make it to the square and drop the item in the center? And is it just that one Hero that burns the turn, or the human player(s) entire Hero group that burns the turn?

2- The road into/out of town: Is the pair of squares making up the road treated as two squares, or just one? Your scenario says a successful agility check at a blocked road square allows the Hero to move to the next adjacent empty square. What if they're both blocked? As an example, there's a Zombie on the Woodinvale road square, and a Martian on the Circus side road square. Jake has a 6 and moves into the Zombie square, where he successfully passes his Agility check. Does he move into the Martian-infested square where he stops (can he conduct another Agility check to see if he can continue down the road), or does he go past the Martian to the next adjacent empty square?

3- "If Jake or Cassidy die, the other can continue the objective" ... I assume that means the one who died had successfully completed their two item swap first, otherwise the surviving drifter is wasting the effort. Unless... you also intended that a drifter can be given an item by a Hero while on the other side of the board to take back to the drifter's home center square... As an alternate rule, you could designate one of the remaining side's Heroes to become the drifter ONLY IF the deceased drifter had already successfully delivered one item over to the other side, with the assumption that the other side's people are now so desperate that they'll trust any bearer of the other half of the "recipe".

4- The only weapon that works against both sides is a gun? Why not fire axe or crowbar or other hand weapon?

5- I suggest leaving a small gap between the two main boards as a visual reminder that there is a distance barrier and no LoS between game sets.

I think the Water + Cabbage definitely will stop a Zombie horde. If Zombies can smell and be attracted to brains and living flesh (as portrayed by A&E's The Walking Dead), their noses would be repelled by kimchee, sauerkraut and boiled cabbage.
02-11-2011, 05:15 PM
1) Yes, the 'drifter' has to start in the square and give up a move action to drop it off. It's not a full turn, but in the tent or mansion you can't search... Still can fire.

2) The square is two individual squares as shown on the map. The agility test part says NEXT availble adjacent square. So, if the martian player bombards the area, you land, pass your test and boom you get a bonus movement equal to where they cover, +1. I don't know how to easily explain it, but no you don't stop in the square where one is waiting. I also purposely made it one test and not test again as 66% chance to prevent meta blocking is better than 66% on the first, 66% now on the second, crap there is a third blocking, 66%, as that does grant higher chances of stopping and getting raped.

3) The other can complete their own, AND the other's objective. They can carry one at a time, but Cassidy can grab cabbage, run to the mansion. Drop it off. Sherriff can give her a med kit he found and she take that back to the tent where the water bucket is waiting for her, etc.

4) Errr... Ooops? Sure? Most weapons specifically say zombie/martian on it. If it doesn't label an enemy type on it and grants any sort of just 'natural' bonus, it should work fine. I just made it so that guns which specifically effect one type, can still get used across the board. They need to be able to live, guns help that.

5) That's personal preference. We actually do that when we play it.
02-12-2011, 08:05 AM
(02-11-2011 05:15 PM)Orguss Wrote:  1) Yes, the 'drifter' has to start in the square and give up a move action to drop it off. It's not a full turn, but in the tent or mansion you can't search... Still can fire.

Gotcha. The drifter can be alone and still drop the item.

(02-11-2011 05:15 PM)Orguss Wrote:  2) The square is two individual squares as shown on the map. The agility test part says NEXT availble adjacent square. So, if the martian player bombards the area, you land, pass your test and boom you get a bonus movement equal to where they cover, +1. I don't know how to easily explain it, but no you don't stop in the square where one is waiting. I also purposely made it one test and not test again as 66% chance to prevent meta blocking is better than 66% on the first, 66% now on the second, crap there is a third blocking, 66%, as that does grant higher chances of stopping and getting raped.

So the agility test is to get past ALL blockage to an empty space, not just one square of blockage.

(02-11-2011 05:15 PM)Orguss Wrote:  3) The other can complete their own, AND the other's objective. They can carry one at a time, but Cassidy can grab cabbage, run to the mansion. Drop it off. Sherriff can give her a med kit he found and she take that back to the tent where the water bucket is waiting for her, etc.

Wonderful!

(02-11-2011 05:15 PM)Orguss Wrote:  4) Errr... Ooops? Sure? Most weapons specifically say zombie/martian on it. If it doesn't label an enemy type on it and grants any sort of just 'natural' bonus, it should work fine. I just made it so that guns which specifically effect one type, can still get used across the board. They need to be able to live, guns help that.

Also good!

(02-11-2011 05:15 PM)Orguss Wrote:  5) That's personal preference. We actually do that when we play it.

sorry, it was a statement, not a question.

Thanks for taking the time to explain!
02-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Thanks for showing interest! :P