Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNOE Moments that make you cringe. ;-)
08-21-2012, 08:06 PM
LNOE Moments that make you cringe. ;-)
I actually gave myself the idea for this thread through my response in another thread. We all love Last Night On Earth here. One of the best things about this game is it is so much fun no matter how the game goes. You can get dumped on the whole time, you can whoop butt the whole time, or it can be a very balanced game. Either way, it is still so much fun.

But... even so there are still those times that make you want to let the expletives fly. LOL! Mind you, it is still all in good fun, but these moments definitely make you cringe. Please, let's all feel free to jump in with our moments and create a big list.

- When you JUST picked up that gun and the VERY FIRST TIME you use it, you roll a 1.

- When your hero is in big trouble if he/she doesn't move fast... and you roll a 1.

- When your hero needs to get away from zombies getting close, and you roll a 1, only to realize that if you move 1 in any direction you can, the zombies are still in the next space over, but if you stay where you are they are STILL the next space over, so either way Zombie Hunger is going to be brining a fight your way.

- When you get to use a Shamble card for one of your zombies... and you roll a 1.

- When a bunch of your zombies are in a group, and the heroes throw dynamite and get extremely luck with the rolls, killing EVERY one of those zombies.

- When you get the Rotten Bodies card at exactly the moment when you DON'T want it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2012, 08:28 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2012 08:29 PM by mqstout.)
RE: LNOE Moments that make you cringe. ;-)
* When you just spawned a boatload of new zombies... and they pick up a shotgun and shoot it, clearing the spawning pit they were loaded on.
* Drawing "This could be our last night on earth..." when the heroes are Johnny, Billy, Father Joseph and Sam -- and you're not with your group who usually accepts your house rule eliminating gender from the card.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-22-2012, 06:19 AM
I'm usually a ZP, but...

7 consecutive rolls of "1" with Sheriff Anderson firing the revolver... and not a single roll of "1" for combat or movement all game (16 turns if I recall correctly).

The ZP laughing hysterically pissed me off even more!

PS that was with the dice included in the game. Maybe I'm imagining it, but I see far less "1's" with the round cornered dice I use for the game now.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
08-22-2012, 11:29 AM
(08-21-2012 08:06 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  - When you JUST picked up that gun and the VERY FIRST TIME you use it, you roll a 1.

- When your hero is in big trouble if he/she doesn't move fast... and you roll a 1.

- When you get to use a Shamble card for one of your zombies... and you roll a 1.

These are ones I thought of before reading through your list. Also, I hate rolling 1s consecutively 3-4 times for the same action (moving, fighting, etc.)
08-22-2012, 07:33 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2012 07:34 PM by StayPuft.)
Ouch! You guys definitely added some good ones to the list. God, 7 consecutive 1's? That is crazy. It was like the gods of odds knew that 1 had to come up from time to time, so it just waited for every time you tried to have the Sheriff fire at a zombie. That takes my mention of rolling a 1 after you JUST picked up the gun to an all new extreme.

Another few I thought of...

- You go to move your Zombie Hero, excited to be able to move D3 instead of just one space... and roll a 1... or a 2 (both equal 1 with a D3).

- The same as above for when you are using the Grave Dead power of "Freshly Dead."

- You get a HUGE swarm of zombies all attacking one hero at the same time... and somehow he/she survives EVERY single fight without so much as a wound.

- You spend the whole game getting no Zombie Heroes at all, you finally come across one of the cards that allows you to turn a hero into a Zombie Hero if they get wounded again.... and they find a way to cancel it before you even get the chance.
08-25-2012, 02:41 AM
Drawing four undead hate the living and having Johnny Garden Shears roll a 6 for movement and clear 11 zombies from the manor and vicinity and each fight rolling a 6.

Also buffing up a zombie so it rolls 4 dice and can't die facing said johnny with one wound, and then rolling 3 1's and a 2.

The worst is when my crappy rolling streaks hit and the heroes just sit and search with zombies on them and no weapons because they aren't taking any wounds. My group I play with most are used to never losing fights. They think Johnny is a juggernaut with no items, the dice rolling over our first 25 games has been absurd.
08-27-2012, 07:26 PM
A couple similar ones that just came to mind...

- As a zombie player, discarding a card (as you can at the end of your turn) that couldn't help you at the moment for one reason on another... only to have the exact situation then come up where you could have used that card.

- Similarly, as a zombie player, using a card just for the sake of getting rid of it (it is a good zombie strategy to use your cards as quickly as possible because you always get more)... only for a situation to immediately come up thereafter where it REALLY could have helped you.
10-15-2012, 04:30 PM
I had a cringe moment last weekend when, on the first turn, the Zombies played "Oh my god, they've taken over the..." and rolled the High School, where Sally was, unarmed and not even having taken an action.

Which led to a "Heroic Resolve" moment (the actual card not involved, just needed a catchy name) - Sally got attacked by 4 zombies and she ended up killing - with her bare hands - 3 of them.
10-15-2012, 08:37 PM
(10-15-2012 04:30 PM)LabRat Wrote:  I had a cringe moment last weekend when, on the first turn, the Zombies played "Oh my god, they've taken over the..." and rolled the High School, where Sally was, unarmed and not even having taken an action.

Which led to a "Heroic Resolve" moment (the actual card not involved, just needed a catchy name) - Sally got attacked by 4 zombies and she ended up killing - with her bare hands - 3 of them.

Awesome! That is the kind of moment that kicks arse as the hero player(s) and is lovably annoying as the zombie player(s). Four zombies on one hero all at once, and with NO WEAPONS at that. That should have been a massacre! Yet, somehow she kills three of the four. Just out of curiosity, did they other wound her, or did she fend it off?
10-15-2012, 10:17 PM
The remaining zombie wounded Sally and she had to make a run for it. But by then she had earned our respect. The Heroes even won that game, it was Defend the Manor; unfortunately, Sally got killed and turned into a Zombie Hero on the last turn, only Sheriff Anderson and Jake Cartwright made it.