Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNOE Moments that make you cringe. ;-)
10-16-2012, 01:48 PM
RE: LNOE Moments that make you cringe. ;-)
What makes me cringe is extremly lucky rolls from the enemies.
I was the ZP, had a lot (10+) of zombies around them, then one guy, with just an extra dice and winning on ties (Johnny), managed to kill like half of the zombies, and fend off the rest. He was on that "sacrifice for the team" spirit and he didnt even get wounded.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2012, 08:32 PM
(10-15-2012 10:17 PM)LabRat Wrote:  The remaining zombie wounded Sally and she had to make a run for it. But by then she had earned our respect. The Heroes even won that game, it was Defend the Manor; unfortunately, Sally got killed and turned into a Zombie Hero on the last turn, only Sheriff Anderson and Jake Cartwright made it.

Wow! Pretty darn good! Defend the Manor House is a tough one for the heroes to win.
10-17-2012, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 10-17-2012 07:13 PM by scarydk.)
Came to think of the last time we played Defend the Manor House. We where down to the second last turn and the heroes had managed to hold the zombies off. Only 5 zeds where inside and although zombies were advancing in waves from all directions they were too far away to make any difference. The Heroes; severely wounded, beaten, tired, they could almost smell the victory. The smell however came from the dead and the smell grew stronger. The ZP had just drawn Dragging Meat, Shamble and Legions of the Dead.

I still pity their loss. Watchmen02

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-17-2012, 08:01 PM
We played Hunt For Survivors last week. I was the Heroes, boyfriend was the Dead.

Final Few Turns ---

3 Turns Out: Amanda and Rachelle were the only original survivors still playing. Victor and Billy had both been killed early in the game, and replaced by found survivors Stacy and the Sherriff. Amanda had rescued Lizzie. Rachelle had rescued the Deputy and had the Truck Keys. Stacy had rescued the Doc. The Sherriff had done squat. Resilient Rachelle was killed, leaving the Truck Key and the hapless Deputy behind. Sally entered the game to replace her.

2 Turns Out: Sally was surrounded by 8 zombies, and managed to fend off or defeat 7. She took 1 wound and headed towards Rachelle's final resting place to rescue the Deputy and the keys. On the other side of town, Amanda, Stacy and the Sherriff banded together and made their way back to the Truck with Lizzie and Doc.

FInal Turn: Amanda and Stacy made it to the truck with both of their Survivors. The Sherriff tagged along, still doing very little. Sally, managed to pick up the Truck Keys and the Deputy...and was 1 space short of returning to the truck...ending the game, and ending the Heroes hopes of rescuing the Survivors.

FINAL TURN! 1 space away from TOTAL VICTORY! ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!
10-17-2012, 08:08 PM
(10-17-2012 08:01 PM)kassle Wrote:  We played Hunt For Survivors last week. I was the Heroes, boyfriend was the Dead.

Final Few Turns ---

3 Turns Out: Amanda and Rachelle were the only original survivors still playing. Victor and Billy had both been killed early in the game, and replaced by found survivors Stacy and the Sherriff. Amanda had rescued Lizzie. Rachelle had rescued the Deputy and had the Truck Keys. Stacy had rescued the Doc. The Sherriff had done squat. Resilient Rachelle was killed, leaving the Truck Key and the hapless Deputy behind. Sally entered the game to replace her.

2 Turns Out: Sally was surrounded by 8 zombies, and managed to fend off or defeat 7. She took 1 wound and headed towards Rachelle's final resting place to rescue the Deputy and the keys. On the other side of town, Amanda, Stacy and the Sherriff banded together and made their way back to the Truck with Lizzie and Doc.

FInal Turn: Amanda and Stacy made it to the truck with both of their Survivors. The Sherriff tagged along, still doing very little. Sally, managed to pick up the Truck Keys and the Deputy...and was 1 space short of returning to the truck...ending the game, and ending the Heroes hopes of rescuing the Survivors.

FINAL TURN! 1 space away from TOTAL VICTORY! ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!

Ouch! LOL! And yet another very thematically appropriate ending. You gotta love those kind of endings to the game. Well...actually not when they happen to you at first. LOL! But, after you step back for a while and then look back at it, even when you get robbed at the last minute, you still have to admit it was awesome. ;-)
01-15-2013, 01:36 PM
Your friend plays the game with only one hero,
but manages to get a hero upgrade that lets him roll a +4 on a die
and not get a wound. No matter how many zombies you pile on him,
the lucky bastard manages to dodge all the wounds with amazingly lucky rolls Zombie16

Your friend plays with Sally and forces you to re-roll your 6
after rolling three 6's on her fight die as a result you roll a 1 Zombie17

Have a hero with 2 flares and roll a 1 on both.
01-22-2013, 07:01 AM
3 hour game with my wife and every weapon I got broke or ran out of ammo on first use... Frustrating...

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-22-2013, 02:28 PM
(01-22-2013 07:01 AM)friskers96 Wrote:  3 hour game with my wife and every weapon I got broke or ran out of ammo on first use... Frustrating...

OUTCH!

Time to nut up or shut up. -Tallahassee, Zombieland Freak05
01-22-2013, 08:32 PM
- A fight takes place. You are about to lose the fight (playing as zombies or as heroes, either way). But... HA HA! You have a card that forces your opponent to re-roll some or all of their dice. They re-roll... only to roll even higher and beat you by an even bigger margin.
01-23-2013, 11:38 AM
(01-22-2013 08:32 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  - A fight takes place. You are about to lose the fight (playing as zombies or as heroes, either way). But... HA HA! You have a card that forces your opponent to re-roll some or all of their dice. They re-roll... only to roll even higher and beat you by an even bigger margin.

This has happened to me so many times, it's not even funny x)

Time to nut up or shut up. -Tallahassee, Zombieland Freak05