Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNOE Moments that make you cringe. ;-)
01-24-2013, 10:55 AM
RE: LNOE Moments that make you cringe. ;-)
(10-15-2012 04:30 PM)LabRat Wrote:  I had a cringe moment last weekend when, on the first turn, the Zombies played "Oh my god, they've taken over the..." and rolled the High School, where Sally was, unarmed and not even having taken an action.

Which led to a "Heroic Resolve" moment (the actual card not involved, just needed a catchy name) - Sally got attacked by 4 zombies and she ended up killing - with her bare hands - 3 of them.

hello there, long time to post here, this is a wrong play, the zombies that come in from the "Oh my god, they've taken over the..." are not moving the turn they come in game, so Sally had to fight only the one placed on her square
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2013, 07:57 PM
(01-24-2013 10:55 AM)argailwall Wrote:  
(10-15-2012 04:30 PM)LabRat Wrote:  I had a cringe moment last weekend when, on the first turn, the Zombies played "Oh my god, they've taken over the..." and rolled the High School, where Sally was, unarmed and not even having taken an action.

Which led to a "Heroic Resolve" moment (the actual card not involved, just needed a catchy name) - Sally got attacked by 4 zombies and she ended up killing - with her bare hands - 3 of them.

hello there, long time to post here, this is a wrong play, the zombies that come in from the "Oh my god, they've taken over the..." are not moving the turn they come in game, so Sally had to fight only the one placed on her square

Well spotted argailwall. If I could just add. Sally wouldn't fight any of the Zombies as the card reads: (my emphasis)

'Place a Zombie from the Zombie Pool in each empty space of this building.'
01-28-2013, 11:25 AM
(01-24-2013 07:57 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  
(01-24-2013 10:55 AM)argailwall Wrote:  

Well spotted argailwall. If I could just add. Sally wouldn't fight any of the Zombies as the card reads: (my emphasis)

'Place a Zombie from the Zombie Pool in each empty space of this building.'

you are more than right here samurai, did not remembered the card text exactly but now that you say it it is completely true!
01-29-2013, 12:49 AM
In a game over this past weekend, I surrounded Mr. Goddard with five zombies (who was called Mr. White by his player after the Breaking Bad character. He even covered up Mr. Goddard's portrait with his smartphone which he had displaying Walter. Never seen the show myself, but I hear good things.)

Eager to snuff out this meth toting gangsta, I closed in only to have him drop "Spray Can Blowtorch" and roll the dice to have EVERY DIE be a three. What a terrible loss to my zombie mass :/ Plus all that experience going to him. Uuuuuugh.

On a side note, he was also the character to find the keys and gasoline cards for the Escape in the Truck scenario. With only 3 turns left and nearly my whole zombie pool occupying most of the heroes in the center board. I tried to convince him I would allow him to survive and escape if he was to use one of his gasoline markers to discard near the truck then get away and blow the mass of zombies and (the unlucky few heroes fighting them) up with a well aimed shot of the revolver to the gas. We agreed it sounded like something Walter might do in relation to his other actions in the game thus far.

Unfortunately, the zombies overwhelmed the heroes before he could get to the space in time and I won by taking my fourth zombie hero. Oh well, could have been a crazy end to the game.
02-05-2013, 09:18 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 09:19 PM by kablebcn.)
This game is so balanced that I always win in the last turn. That always makes me enjoy all the way!

[img]http://i46.tinypic.com/551d94.jpg[/img]
02-05-2013, 09:34 PM
I forget whether or not this one has been mentioned...

- You are playing as the heroes. A fight ensues. You roll a 6. "Oooo," you think, "Gonna be hard for the zombie to beat that!" You roll your other die. YOU ROLL A 6! You think "All right! Not only did I roll a 6, but I rolled DOUBLES! Am I about to kill me a zombie?!"

The zombie then proceeds... to roll a 6. AAARRRRRGH! LOL! (And how appropriate, too, that this made the rolls for that round 666. LOL!)
04-10-2014, 08:04 AM
That awful moment, when a player managed to get his hands on BOTH the Gas and the keys, standing in a room full of zombies, turning tail, and bolting to the door. Wham. ZP playes "locked" and proceeds to play 3(!!!) shamble and just moving 2 Z one space. Hero swamped with Zs and got eaten there and then. ZP got a zombie hero, and proceded to jingle his keys every time he moved the said ZH, while moaning "gas". What a jerk. Did i mention we lost.
04-10-2014, 12:47 PM
Oh, ouch. Thats adding insult to injury eh?
04-10-2014, 12:59 PM
Heh. No worries. Its not like i could t have done it myself :p
04-10-2014, 01:53 PM
Sounds like a good ending though. Dramatic and conclusive. Next time you play Zombie Player, I can imagine that you'll be gunning for that player's Hero(s) Watchmen02