Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNOE Moments that make you cringe. ;-)
04-10-2014, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2014 02:31 PM by sgiove.)
RE: LNOE Moments that make you cringe. ;-)
(04-10-2014 08:04 AM)Jabbadoor Wrote:  That awful moment, when a player managed to get his hands on BOTH the Gas and the keys, standing in a room full of zombies, turning tail, and bolting to the door. Wham. ZP playes "locked" and proceeds to play 3(!!!) shamble and just moving 2 Z one space. Hero swamped with Zs and got eaten there and then. ZP got a zombie hero, and proceded to jingle his keys every time he moved the said ZH, while moaning "gas". What a jerk. Did i mention we lost.

I think this may be another case of rules failure. If the hero had the Keys and Gas as mentioned, then the zombie player couldn't have successfully played a Locked Door card on that hero. Heroes in possession of Keys ignore the effects of Locked Door. Card text below.

The Hero may ignore the effects of Locked Door.

You may discard the Keys while inside a building to draw 2 new Hero cards.

"One of these ought to work."

This happens to my group as well. Every so often, halfway through the next game, someone always mentions how we forgot something (a move, a rule, etc.) that, if done correctly, would have changed to results of the game.

Still, the results of your game sounded fun. Maybe keep this note in your back pocket for next time and make him waste the card.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2014, 03:41 PM
Aww. Yes, indeed. Shoot me. This is all completely true. Dammit!!! He cheated Watchmen02
04-12-2014, 05:23 PM
Being the Sheriff, in the police station, and rolls 5 1's in a row.

LIKE REALLY!!!! I found 5 guns and none of them were loaded!!!!!!
04-12-2014, 07:17 PM
LNOE Moments that make you cringe. ;-)
C'mon now, it's not safe to store loaded guns Zombie03

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
04-20-2014, 02:39 PM
This just happened in a recent game of Escape in the Truck. I was playing as the Zombies. Suntracker @ 4. The heroes were about to get gas and keys to the truck. Thankfully I had 6 Zombies covering the middle of the board. I draw new Zombie cards for my turn, and there it is... ROTTEN BODIES! NOOOOOooooo.... and of course I rolled a 6! The heroes take their turn and Escape in the Truck... ugggg...
12-01-2017, 04:24 AM
Rotten Bodies always hurts me more than help!

This just happened:
I had 2 Zombie Behemoths, 1 Feral Dead and 1 zombie with an old pitchfork on the board and drew Rotten Bodies. Of course a 6 was rolled. It does not seam right to loose 17 spawn points of zombies with one roll! Is this correct or did we do this wrong?

Of course this turned what looked like an exciting finish into an extremely easy win for the heroes. I tried but could not convince Doc Brody to use County Remedies to try to cancel the card.

Maybe this card just needs to be removed from the deck!
12-01-2017, 01:00 PM
(12-01-2017 04:24 AM)August700212 Wrote:  Rotten Bodies always hurts me more than help!

This just happened:
I had 2 Zombie Behemoths, 1 Feral Dead and 1 zombie with an old pitchfork on the board and drew Rotten Bodies. Of course a 6 was rolled. It does not seam right to loose 17 spawn points of zombies with one roll! Is this correct or did we do this wrong?

Of course this turned what looked like an exciting finish into an extremely easy win for the heroes. I tried but could not convince Doc Brody to use County Remedies to try to cancel the card.

Maybe this card just needs to be removed from the deck!

Perhaps a house rule that states that zombies that cost multiple spawn points are worth multiple zombies on such cards. ?

12-01-2017, 02:39 PM
(12-01-2017 01:00 PM)Pfr_Fate Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 04:24 AM)August700212 Wrote:  Maybe this card just needs to be removed from the deck!

Perhaps a house rule that states that zombies that cost multiple spawn points are worth multiple zombies on such cards. ?

PERFECT! I will do this.
12-01-2017, 08:26 PM
I would agree with the ruling. I forget when Rotten Bodies came along, but I think it may have been before there were such powerful zombies available. I would agree that zombies that cost so much to get on the board in the first place certainly shouldn't count as just one zombie in cases like Rotten Bodies.
12-04-2017, 04:49 AM
The latest LNOE cringeworthy moment I found was ZERO releases/expansions/content for the greatest boardgame on the planet... while Shadows of @#$/&!!* Brimstone had 142 releases... :-(

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...