Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
LNOE Scenario randomizer
07-05-2012, 01:55 PM
RE: LNOE Scenario randomizer
As a recreational coder, I demand you be more open and transparent. Zombie03
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Wow, Argailwall! The little program is very useful! Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
07-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Ok it is finished, now you can check each one of the expansions you own(this was made to make it easier to add new expansions in the future) you can now save the names of the players. The programm now creates some ini files, dont worry these are to keep your settings and even if you lose them or delete it will create new ones when you run it again.

Hope you like it
1st post will be edited in some seconds
07-05-2012, 11:37 PM
This da bomb.

Any chance of seeing this on an iPhone?
07-06-2012, 05:51 AM
This is really cool! I've been looking for a better way at picking scenarios since the 4 web supplements and "It fell from the Sky" don't come on tiles like the rest of it.
07-06-2012, 06:54 AM
ok now i want your opinions,

some will think that having all these files around is frustrating(and they are right since it is just a simple application but i dont want to save these files deep in your pc and let them in there forever like garbage)
if i drop these files the program won't remember your choices and you will have to check your elements and players each time.

So what do you think? Files and saving or not?

as for the iphone i wish i could but i have no apple machine to work on, i have an ipad but as long as i know i need a mac to code in iOS
07-06-2012, 11:52 AM
let the files there friend... they're usefull

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
07-06-2012, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2012 02:04 PM by EvilNed.)
Me, myself, I'd say it's not worth having extra files just for the sake of the program remembering my choices.

It's a matter of just checking a few boxes anyway. I don't mind doing that everytime.

EDIT: Also;

The "Base Game" option should be mandatory and always checked. There's no reason not too, and the program crashes if you un-check it and click Get me those Brains.

EDIT2:

When the program rolls "All the Hallows Eve 2", it doesn't add the two extra heroes that the scenario requires.
07-06-2012, 02:58 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2012 02:58 PM by argailwall.)
thanks for the info evilned i will keep that in mind, I thought about Base Game always checked, but Timber Peak is on the way and then i will have to remove it in case someone wants Timber Peak as base game

I will fix the all hallows eve 2 problem and will try to make it a choice about keeping files or not

but that will be done on Monday, taking a vacation this weekend!
07-06-2012, 03:21 PM
A well deserved vacation! Go for it!