Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Similar Flying Frog games
07-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Similar Flying Frog games
As you may or may not know, I'm new to the forums and to LNoE, I've seen links etc for the other Flying Frog games like "A touch of evil" and "invasion from outta space" are they the same setup and play style? I've seen posts etc saying you can do a cross over game of LNoE and ifOS.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand Binary, and those that don't
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2012, 04:10 PM
RE: Similar Flying Frog games
ATOE uses a different mechanic...

But IFOS uses the exactly same system of LNOE with a few different features...

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
07-20-2012, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2012 05:20 PM by sean of the dead.)
Oh cool <put alien game on "to buy" list after LNoE Exp's)

Are there many cross over scenarios out there then?
Oh cool <put alien game on "to buy" list after LNoE Exp's)

Are there many cross over scenarios out there then?

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand Binary, and those that don't
07-20-2012, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2012 06:00 PM by j0hnnn.)
As far as i know Sean there is only a couple

the one in the IFOS rulebook about the crossover

which is very similar to Die Zombie Die.

and there is a custom somewhere in the forums

called We know the weakness or something alike...

It is in the downloads section LNOE - IFOS Weakness scenario developed by
(Orguss) http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/memb...e&uid=1068

If you don't have acess try to reach Sarku... he is the man who makes the rain fall down around here...

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
07-20-2012, 06:20 PM
Also, you could check the rulebook for IFOS that Flying Frog has made freely available from this location.

As a side note you can also find the other rulebooks for Flying Frogs different games (the base game ones only) online if you like to examine those.

I haven't tried IFOS myself but it looks like it could add a lot of fun to LNoE. On the Frogs web store you can even buy zombie martians if you are in the mood for a combo.

I've played a handful of AToE sessions but gind this game much more complex but still fun with a more classic horror feel.

However, if you don't own any expansions to LNoE, my advice to you would be to get Growing Hunger as it provides a solid base for your future LNoE sessions. It won't dissapoint.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-20-2012, 06:31 PM
Cheers guys, it was more curiosity tbh, I'll be getting Growing Hunger asap (trying to sell a few powerkite on e-Bay this month to pat for them) I'll probably get all the exp for LNoE first, just wondering what people thought of the other games, and if it would be worth asking Santa for them =D

07-20-2012, 07:29 PM
IFOS is very cool and very similar. The heroes play the same way and each have their own special stuff and actions. The martians play allot faster than the zombies and pose a bigger threat to the heroes because of their firepower and special command center goodies.

I did not hzve a chance yet to crossplay the games but it should be fun.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-20-2012, 09:43 PM
I don't have Invasion From Outer Space yet, but I will definitely be picking it up in time. I definitely want to get some of the expansions for LNOE first, but eventually I want this game too.

From what I've heard, it is pretty cool in and of itself, so that is enough to make me want it. But, the fact that you can combine it with LNOE really, really sells me on it. ;-) I cannot wait to get this game, try some games with IFOS alone, then combine the two games! Hopefully my gaming group continues to go well, because if it does, that is one of my plans down the road.
07-24-2012, 11:50 PM
ATOE & FANG are different in game play, but somewhat similar mechanics, IMO. Enough so that if you already know how to play LNOE they're not hard to pick up. And they're DEFINITELY worth getting IMO. Watchmen02

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"