Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNOE TP Card question - Combat Prowess
11-04-2012, 06:08 AM
LNOE TP Card question - Combat Prowess
HI All.. can someone clarify the Boost effect for "Combat Prowess".
Once activated the card text says "the hero may now also spend Experience tokens to gain 2 extra Fight dice each" .. how much experience do the 2 extra fight dice cost?

thanks in advance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2012, 06:50 AM
RE: LNOE TP Card question - Combat Prowess
My interpretation is... 2 extra fight dice costs 1 Exp Token. So 4 extra fight dice would cost 2 Exp Tokens.

We also play it a one use thing. Example - once you spend an Exp Token to gain 2 extra fight dice, it is for that turn only. To gain the two extra fight dice in another turn will cost another Exp Token. Unsure if this is the official rule or not. We felt a permanent increase of 2 extra fight dice, with potential to further stack on top of that, would be: ridiculously overpowered, wholly unrealistic (logically), and seriously imbalance the game.

I'm sure one of the more experienced players here will be along shortly to confirm.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
11-04-2012, 12:28 PM
RE: LNOE TP Card question - Combat Prowess
(11-04-2012 06:50 AM)ForestRunner Wrote:  My interpretation is... 2 extra fight dice costs 1 Exp Token. So 4 extra fight dice would cost 2 Exp Tokens.

We also play it a one use thing. Example - once you spend an Exp Token to gain 2 extra fight dice, it is for that turn only. To gain the two extra fight dice in another turn will cost another Exp Token. Unsure if this is the official rule or not. We felt a permanent increase of 2 extra fight dice, with potential to further stack on top of that, would be: ridiculously overpowered, wholly unrealistic (logically), and seriously imbalance the game.

I'm sure one of the more experienced players here will be along shortly to confirm.

Thanks. That makes sense.