Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scenarios like Escape in the Truck - Do you pile up the Zombies?
10-22-2012, 07:52 PM
RE: Scenarios like Escape in the Truck - Do you pile up the Zombies?
Yeah, you definitely don't want to get yourself in that situation as the Zombie Player. That's why, like I said, it isn't like I just spread my zombies all over the board. I do make sure a few remain near enough to the center that I can get them there if I need. I just don't like the idea of piling a bunch there because I think it is a little more fun and a little more in the spirit of the game to keep them moving around. Otherwise, if you stock pile a whole ton of them in the truck/building the heroes need to get to/whatever, then it is kind of making it almost unfairly difficult for the heroes to achieve their end result. It's more fun when it just so happens that all of the zombies are following the heroes, and since the heroes are all headed in one direction, the zombies wind up there too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2012, 02:00 AM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2012 02:14 AM by ForestRunner.)
(10-22-2012 07:52 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  I just don't like the idea of piling a bunch there because I think it is a little more fun and a little more in the spirit of the game to keep them moving around. Otherwise, if you stock pile a whole ton of them in the truck/building the heroes need to get to/whatever, then it is kind of making it almost unfairly difficult for the heroes to achieve their end result.

I'm not so sure about this StayPuft - as in the "unfairly" reference. As a hero player, I love it when the zombie player stock piles. I then have the freedom to search as I please. If I, or any of the other heroes, has possession of an explosive or a pump shotgun then a lot damage can be done very, very quickly.

Whilst I agree stock piling is not in the spirit of the game as intended, my playing history shows it as being detrimental to the zombie player if he/she actually does it.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
10-23-2012, 11:36 AM
If you just pile on the center the heroes will get shotguns, dynamite and Gasoline and win easily.

I like to spread out to harrass, while keeping many zombies right on the border of the center and the outer edges, so they can use the middle board opportunistically. Then if I get a shamble or relentless advance I go after one character or group with a good sized group.

I try to never let one hero just go and search, unless it is counterproductive to the heroes winning. We recently played radio for help (just got TP Yeah!) and the heroes sat in the radio station searching till there were 7 turns left, then all I had to do was impede their movement some and win. Silly heroes.
10-23-2012, 07:38 PM
You are definitely both right. It could very well actually wind up to the detriment of the zombie player if they stock pile a bunch of zombies in one space, or one building like that. It could make them vulnerable to any number of attacks (dynamite, shotgun, etc) like you mention that spreading out would otherwise prevent. Still, there is always the chance that it would initially be out of the way for the heroes trying to achieve their goals. Especially with Escape in the Truck. While the heroes are trying to search for keys and gas, it could be very out of their way to be forced to have to give up the chance to search in order to send a hero to clear the truck. Especially considering the Zombie Player may just put more zombies back on the truck anyway.

Anyway, either way, it is perfectly okay according to the rules. So, I don’t have a problem with it, it is just not my personal preference. But, it is fun to discuss. ;-)