Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
LNOE Travel Edition?!?!
04-16-2013, 04:37 AM
LNOE Travel Edition?!?!
Ok, the thought for this spawned from a thread a while back about wanting a good game to play while traveling on an airplane. My thought was a travel edition of LNOE!! My idea was initially to use base game only "cherry" pick the best of the L boards and the generic center of town, minimize the size down to a one piece travel size board.

No as far as a useable board, use the magnetic sheets the use for fast food magnets and mount it to the chipboard, then mount the graphics on top of that. Was thinking cardstock cut outs of the heroes mounted to magnetic bases as well as the zombies.

Scenarios would be one or two from the base game, something that would allow you to strip down the components. Most counters or markers could be pegs like in battleship. Character sheets could have peg holes for the wound counters. Tinning the deck would be essential and making the deck able to be reshuffled once if the hero deck runs out. A lot of ideas floating and it's really only a novelty at this point.

I don't know, just thought it be cool, wanted to throw it out and see what the people think... Watchmen02

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2013, 10:01 AM
RE: LNOE Travel Edition?!?!
Are you sure that you could need to get rid of the modular game board completely? You could always just downsize the center board and each of the outer boards. Something like this should be roughly as big as just the center board is normally:

[Image: Untitled_zps8a27f5b7.png]

The random vertical and horizontal lines are just to show what directions the doors would be put in the building. After that, just have character roll a D3 for movement rather than a D6 and I think you're on the right track. Maybe have Zombies roll for movement too to halve their speed, like if they need to roll a 4+ to move their normal 1 space and otherwise don't move at all, with Zombie Heroes and other normally D3 movers having 1 and 2 = 0, 3 and 4 = 1, and 5 and 6 = 2. Alice's ability only works when she rolls 1, Billy's ability only works on a D6 roll of 4+ (or still works normally because Billy isn't very good anyway), all Ranged Weapon ranges are halved (round down), Gasoline doesn't affect adjacent spaces... The real question is how to modify number of Heroes and number of Zombies. I also want to say halve both (2 Heroes, Zombies playing as though there were only one of them), but I have no idea what the actual balance implications of that would be.

Or, for a possibly simpler idea, just play Alone in the Dark. Maybe come up with new scenarios to work with that smaller board set-up.
Find all posts by this user
04-16-2013, 07:27 PM
Twilight_Sonata beat me to it, I was going to suggest LNOE Travel Edition to just follow Alone in the Dark rules but with a smaller board. Who's going to play LNOE on an airplane with 6 players anyway?

Zombies in my Pocket - Pocket LNOE. Awesome idea. Not sure if it sounds good to FFP, but if they ever come out with a product like this, I'd buy it.
04-16-2013, 07:47 PM
Like I said its an idea meant more for novelty than anything. When that post started a month or so ago, the wheels started churning. Hadn't thought about it since then last night it just spilled out. My wife says she would never want to spend a day in my head cause weird detailed stuff pops out like loaves of bread at a bakery. I can never seem to create anything original but I can modify existing stuff like there is no tomorrow..

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...