Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNOE Vassal Module
05-21-2018, 03:44 PM
Question LNOE Vassal Module
About 10 years ago, one of my friends introduced me to Last Night on Earth during one of our weekend nerd sessions. The group of us - anywhere from 4-8 people, depending upon time of day - lost the entire weekend playing this game. We all fell in love with it, and how it changed with each playthrough, and how one of us got to be the brain-eating shamblers. We just love this game.

A couple years after that, we all ended up getting real jobs and lives and we moved away from each other. However, most of us had our own copy of the game, and so we started Skyping on a semi-regular basis to get our nerd on, which included playing LNoE over this medium. It is a challenge, all of us trying to get our boards to match and making sure we all know what's going on. But it is worth it.

It's getting harder and harder to find regular time to get together, and for some unknown reason we are finding it harder and harder to play via Skype. So we took to the internet to see if there was an online version of this that we could acquire, and collectively we found out about Vassal. We were unsure of the viability of using that platform for our board gaming needs, so we tested it thoroughly with several other games (NFL Strategy, Stratego, All Things Zombie, and Pandemic, to name a few). Some of the games didn't work the way we wanted them to, but Pandemic and All Things Zombie...we knew this was the way to go.

So we spent time hunting down a Vassal module for LNoE, and we've seen multiple posts both here and at other sites that indicates a module exists. I see that aprillo (sp?) actually has some LNoE stuff in his downloads section, and I saw that I had to create an account to even look at it. So I did...but I cannot view any of the information, even basic "this is what you're looking at" information because I con't have permissions. Which I understand; Flying Frog needs to protect its intellectual property and validate that people have the game and have paid for it. I get that part of it.

My question: How do I go about getting the Vassal module? Is there a site I can go to and give my hard-earned bucks to for the right to get it? What is the cost associated with acquiring this? Whose hands do I have to put my cash in to get this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2018, 12:23 AM
RE: LNOE Vassal Module
The download section opens up to full members. How do you get to be a full member? Stick around and participate for a bit, then ask.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-22-2018, 03:02 AM
Well, if that's all it takes - and I was gonna stick around anyhow - then sweet!
05-22-2018, 04:42 AM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2018 04:42 AM by Popestar.)
So I'm taking look around the forums, and they seem a bit...dead. I want to stick around, but is it true that nothing is going on here? If that's the case, how will I be able to contribute enough?
05-22-2018, 02:22 PM
Its not dead, it's UNDEAD. Things are a bit slow sometimes. Necromancy (reviving old threads) is encouraged. Ask questions. If you have ideas for custom content, post it! If you want a hand bringing an idea to life, that's where I'll usually reanimate and show up.

Just because the horse is dead, doesn't mean you can't ride it.
05-24-2018, 06:47 PM
Ok, so my fear about this site being dead is valid. I'm the only person on this site to have posted in the last 2 days. Should I just donate something to the site to get access to the downloads section? Is anybody even here any longer? Is that a ham sammich I hear calling my name?
05-28-2018, 05:31 AM
That’s not ham!!!....
12-01-2018, 02:01 AM
I'm still excited about the game. I have miniature projects in the works, etc... I've just been slower recently than in the past. But I do check in the forum here from time to time. There's a good community here... if you make some noise they'll shamble around and try to eat you.