Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Campaign Variant
03-25-2018, 12:02 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2018 04:44 PM by zombiehead.)
Campaign Variant
I finally got all my miniatures painted for all expansions and ready to begin my first game with a core scenario. I intend to to have these rules as I progress to make it a bit more exciting. Please let me know what you think.
Chart table for Failing a Previous Mission

1.) Each player discards their 1st search item.
2.) Each player moves 1 space only their 1st turn of the game.
3.) Each player only fights with 1 d6 during their first fight of the game.
4.) One random player begins with 1 wound.
5.) One random player skips 1 turn at beginning of game.
6.) Roll one d6. 1 or 2 = move sun tracker 1 space forward at the beginning of game.

Chart Table for Succeeding Previous Mission
1.) Each player searches once before the game begins.
2.) Each player may re-roll their movement roll their 1st turn once at the beginning of game. (Pick best roll)
3.) Each player fights with 1 extra d6 their 1st fight of the game.
4.) One random player begins with "Just a Scratch" Hero card.
5.) One random player can go twice their 1st turn of game.
6.) Roll one d6. On a 5 or 6 = Move sun tracker one space backwards.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2018, 03:16 PM
RE: Campaign Variant
I love Campaigns-have you play tested this yet?

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
03-30-2018, 07:34 PM
I just started the whole campaign which was supposed the be the easy "Kill 15 zombies" but I failed. Lol. During the intense fighting the character "Bear" was killed trying to be brave. He will no longer be used in the campaign. Now I'm to the point of rolling on the Failed mission chart before I start the next mission which will hopefully be tomorrow.
03-31-2018, 04:45 PM
Hi Zombiehead, I will follow this thread with interest. I wonder which Heroes will emerge?
04-01-2018, 05:11 PM
(03-31-2018 04:45 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Hi Zombiehead, I will follow this thread with interest. I wonder which Heroes will emerge?
2nd mission was the find the keys and gasoline to the truck to escape scenario. I rolled a 3 on the failed previous mission table which only allowed me to roll 1 d6 for each hero on their first zombie fight of the game. (I had to use tokens underneath the hero minis to remind me which heroes had already fought their first fight with one d6). That made it a bit of a disadvantage for the heroes while the zombies also played the card that allows them to roll 2 extra dice against a hero during a fight. When the required items were finally obtained zombies were closing in on all the heroes in the diner. "Ed the Lumberjack" confronted a horde of zombies outside the diner to allow the other heroes to escape to the truck. Even though he can take several wounds he could not withstand all of them and he was devoured. He gave a quick smile when he saw the truck finally moving out before he could no longer be seen in the hump of zombies.
This scenario was a partial success as we got to accomplish the mission to be able to roll on the success campaign table for the next scenario but we unfortunately loss a great friend "Ed the Lumberjack" which will not be able to participate in future scenarios.
I will keep you posted on how the next roll on the success campaign table interacts with the next scenario. I'm really having fun with this!