Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNoE BiTF Compatible Table Topper
07-14-2015, 05:17 AM
LNoE BiTF Compatible Table Topper
The last couple days I've been putting something together for my gaming group. A table "topper" big enough to support Last Night on Earth with the Blood in the Forest Expansion. Here's what I've got so far:

[Image: tabletopper-01.jpg]

But wait, where will people put all their cards and such? No problem, well, I'm not quite done with it yet, but there will be pullouts on all four sides that give individual play surfaces including dice rolling areas:

[Image: tabletopper-02.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2015, 04:17 PM
RE: LNoE BiTF Compatible Table Topper
Cool gaming table Jeff makes me wish I listened more at Woodwork class!
07-17-2015, 07:59 PM
Thanks Trev!

I've got the player areas created now (but still need to apply vinyl to all the surfaces.) Also I have some corner pieces in mind that aren't done yet. Here are some more progress pics, demonstrating how it might look to play LNoE on it...

[Image: BitF-Table-03.png]

[Image: BitF-Table-04.png]
07-18-2015, 11:36 AM
Cool but what are the measurements of the Table with the Player Areas. Can a seated player reach the entire
Game Board ?

By the way is that a patio the table is setting on or do you have a personal dungeon ?
( I like the effect)

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
07-18-2015, 05:24 PM
It's a personal dungeon of course ;-) J/k it's the patio out behind my house, at night, with overhead lights turned on.

So the playing surface is 32.25" x 32.25" (82cm^2) and the personal areas are 10.25" deep (26cm.) So it is a 42.5" (108cm) maximum reach to the far side of the board (not counting the opposing player's personal area.)

Note, if you're playing without the outer ring from Blood in the Forest, the whole table can be shrunk down to fit the board by simply pushing each of the four player sides inward a few inches. So the maximum reach for a regular game of LNoE with a playing surface of 21.5" would be only about 32".
07-22-2015, 05:19 AM
[Image: BitF-Table-05.png]

Behold! Vinyl surfaces to protect all the beautiful LNoE cards from getting scratched! :-)
07-23-2015, 12:12 AM
Very nice! I wish, sometimes, that I weren't so bad at these things. But, alas, I am.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-24-2015, 06:40 AM
It's time for the Table Topper update! I think I'm finished with the project now. The long-fabled corner pieces are done, which are an optional piece that can be added when the table is in 22" center - 32" center mode (but not in 18" mode.)

[Image: BitF-Table-06.png]

Each corner is equipped with a cup holder and two pencil holders with enough space for approximately 5 standard pencils. In retrospect, these look like great places to drop dice and not be able to retrieve them... Hmm. Oh, well! :-)

[Image: BitF-Table-07.png]
07-24-2015, 11:22 AM
My God....that's impressive.. and...and...and ..it has Beer Can Holders!!!!

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
07-30-2015, 03:03 PM
Wow. this is really amazing!