Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNoE Campaign: Mission 1: It Came From The Skies
03-07-2018, 12:02 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2018 12:12 AM by samuraitrev.)
LNoE Campaign: Mission 1: It Came From The Skies
Hi there to all you LNoE gamers. I'm playing LNoE as a campaign. Once the Heroes are dead. That's it, they're out of it. If the Heroes win they can start the next Scenario with a random upgrade. If the Zombies win they get a random upgrade. Let's see how this goes!

Mission: The Heroes must destroy the Meteorite by damaging it 12 times.
Board Sections (random): TP High School, Lumberyard, Power Relay Station, Hospital.
Characters (random): Amanda, Mr Goddard, Father Joseph, Sheriff Anderson
Starting Zombies: 6 Radioactive Zombies
Turns: 16

ST: Survival Tactic card.
UI: Unique Item

Pregame
Zombies come crawling from the wreckage of the Meteorite impact.
Mr Goddard and Amanda are in the Highschool, Mr Goddard has a Revolver Amanda has a Holy Book. The Sheriff is in the Gym with his Revolver. Father J. is in the Airplane Hanger.

Turn 1
The Sheriff Searches in the Gym and finds a Fire Extinguisher, he fires his Revolver but it's out of ammo and discarded. Mr Goddard fires his Revolver but it's out of ammo and discarded. Father J. Searches in the Airplane Hanger and finds a UI: Victor's Handcuffs

Turn 2
The Sheriff Searches in the Gym again and finds a Pump Shotgun he fires it at a Radioactive Zombie and Kills it. Mr Goddard Searches in the High School and has a Lucky Find, it's a UI: Asylum Inmate Roster. Father Joseph Searches in the Airplane Hanger and finds a UI: Rachelle's Police Vest.

Turn 3
Amanda is attacked by a Crawling Torso, Radioactive Zombie and she manages to Kill it in Melee with help from T-Bone. Father J. gets his 1st Wound to protect Amanda. Then, he takes a 2nd Wound. Father J. manages to Kill 2 Radioactive Grave Dead with the Bash Heads card. The Sheriff fires his Shotgun at the Meteorite and damages it 1/12

Turn 4
The High School is Taken Over. The Sheriff uses his Fire Extinguisher to blast 3 Zombies away. He fires his Shotgun at the Meteorite again and damages it 2/12. Father J. makes a Recovery and heals 1 Wound.

Turn 5
Mr Goddard takes his 1st Wound. The Sheriff fires at a Zombie with his Shotgun and Kills it.

Turn 6
The Sheriff fires his Shotgun at the Meteorite and damages it again 3/12. Mr Goddard Searches in the Diner and finds a Fuel Can.

Turn 7
Mr Goddard passes his Fuel Can to Father J and gets a 2nd Wound from a Radioactive Zombie. Mr Goddard is Killed and arises again as a Zombie Hero. A new Hero comes out of hiding, it's Mr Hyde in the Power Relay Station. Father Joseph puts a Gasoline on the Meteorite and backs off... Mr Hyde Searches in the Power Relay Station and finds some Dynamite. The Sheriff fires his Shotgun at the Gasoline next to the Meteorite which explodes but only causes 1 damage (out of a potential of 6)
4/12

Turn 8
The Diner is Taken Over. The Sheriff gets 3 Wounds and is Killed in the Lumberyard he arises again as a Zombie Hero. A new Hero comes out of hiding it's Johnny in the other Diner in town. Father J. takes another 2 Wounds and is Killed outside the Airplane Hanger. He rises again as a Zombie Hero. A new Hero arrives Ash (from Evil Dead a game tested well balanced fan made Character). He's also in the Diner. Johnny Searches the Diner and finds a Shotgun he fires it and it's out of ammo so he discards it. Mr Hyde Searches in the Power Relay Station and finds an Emergency Flare. Ash starts with a Shotgun he fires it but again it's out of ammo and discarded. Amanda finds a Pistol and fires it twice Killing 2 Zombies. She gets an upgrade: Ranged: Crippling Hit.

Turn 9
Amanda gets her 1st Wound. Mr Hyde Wounds Zombie Goddard. Johnny gets his 1st Wound. The fires spread twice. Ash Pick's Up another Shotgun he fires it at the Meteorite and damages it 5/12 Mr Hyde throws his Dynamite at the Meteorite which explodes but again only causing 1 damage (out of a potential 6). 2 Zombies are Killed in the explosion too. Mr Hyde gets a Hero Upgrade: Melee: Attack Plan.
6/12

Turn 10
Amanda is Killed

Result: Zombie Victory (The Zombies Killed 4 Heroes.)
Hero of the Game: Sheriff Anderson he damaged the Meteorite 4 times.
Weapon of Choice: Shotgun.

Upon Reflection:
The Heroes had really bad luck. Setting off 2 Explosives on the Meteorite to potentially cause 12 Damage but end up only causing 2 is cruel. There were lots of guns that were out of ammo too. That being said the Zombies made life as difficult as possible by not allowing any Heroes any breathing space to Search. I think this scenario is winnable for the Heroes on a better day.

I hope you enjoyed the Report. Please leave a comment.
If you liked this please look here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Forum-Game-Reports for many more of my game reports.
Happy gaming everyoneZombie17
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2018, 11:21 AM
RE: LNoE Campaign: Mission 1: It Came From The Skies
Love Campaigns like this they can generate such interesting stories.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
03-11-2018, 09:38 AM
Excellent story telling as always Trev, thanks for sharing. Reminds me that I often forget to play the Fire rules following explosions if I'm not playing TP.
03-31-2018, 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2018 05:20 PM by samuraitrev.)
(03-10-2018 11:21 AM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  Love Campaigns like this they can generate such interesting stories.

OD

I completely agree. I intend to keep running this too. Now the Zombies have won their 1st game the Zombies will start the next scenario with a random Zombie upgrade.

(03-11-2018 09:38 AM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  Excellent story telling as always Trev, thanks for sharing. Reminds me that I often forget to play the Fire rules following explosions if I'm not playing TP.

I have played so many games of this but occasionally I still have to double check the odd rule. I actually love the fire rules. Very atmospheric. I might even play a game tonight...

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It's good to know you guys are still out thereZombie17