Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNoE Game Report 1: Die Zombie Die
02-27-2011, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2014 08:23 PM by samuraitrev.)
LNoE Game Report 1: Die Zombie Die
Hi all this is the first time I've put together a game report. So I'll try to keep it short but fun. It's also the first time I've used the Advanced Abilities. and 'Hero Pack One' and 'The Special Ed. CD' I'm going to play the scenarios in order of their release date. If you check the link below it has the dates there too. Next game I will be adding Survival Tactics . So let's see what happened.

Mission The Heroes must kill 15 Zombies
Board sections (random) Factory, Scrapyard, High School and Graveyard
Characters (random) Jenny, Becky, Sheriff Anderson and Jake Cartwright.
Starting Zombies 9
Turns 15

Turn 1
Jenny missed her first turn due to the Hopeless card so was stuck petrified at the town square. The Sheriff fired his Revolver missed and had it discarded on a 1. Zombie20

Turn 2
The Zombies started Turn 2 with My God it's a Zombie and attacked Jake but the granny Zombie was fended off, her false teeth falling out at a pivotal moment!

Jenny started with the Sledge Hammer and stormed into a Zombie but lost on a tie. The biker zombie's T-shirt read same s$*t different day. How apt for another day surviving the Zombie outbreak? Jenny's hammer broke several of the Zombies ribs but the Zombie seemed unaffected as it buried it's filth encrusted teeth into her innocent flesh. Jenny was wounded.

Turn 3
Jenny had charged into combat during the last turn, now the Zombies had another chance to feed. Another Zombie joined the fight advancing hungrily, smelling the freshly spilt blood. Both Zombies dragged the wounded Jenny to the ground and feasted on her. It was a sad, messy death that was too horrible to describe...

The Zombies had killed a Hero and now recieved an Advanced Ability. It was Swarm (If the Zombies fill a building with Zombies it is Taken Over but the Zombies are removed). A new Hero was placed in a random building (High School) The character was Stacy. Just arrived to catch the story.

Turn 4
Becky had ran into the Police Station hoping to pick up a Pump Shotgun yet alas there wasn't one in the discard deck. She ended up being trapped and in my undead mind victory seemed certain. Becky was attacked by a Zombified geek but it's puny attack was repelled and she took a still burning Cigar from a police desk and buried it into its rotting eye killing it. The Zombies attacked Becky again renewing their assault wounding her. Another Zombie attacked Becky; she won with doubles and killed it! The Sheriff, still searching for a useable Revolver is surprised and wounded bellowing in pain and rage. Jake fell badly with a Twisted Ankle but as he fell he found himself looking at a Revolver. Suddenly a Zombie crashed through the window, Jake rolled aside and fired a bullet straight through the Zombie's ears killing it instantly. Kills 3.

Turn 5
Jake and the Sheriff are wounded again by Zombies. Becky is trapped and fights again killing her third Zombie and gets her Advanced Ability. She can now discard an item to heal a Hero at any time on a 3+. Except in a fight. I didn't think that ability was that great. Standing there over three dead Zombies, caked in dark blood, a look in her eye hinted more Zombies would fall. The limping Sheriff joined Becky blowing a Zombie's brains all over a police notice board with a well aimed Revolver shot. He was close to collapse. Becky fired just over his shoulder, but missed and ran out of ammo. She held her ground protecting the fading lawman and healed a deep wound. Kills 5

Turn 6
A Zombie leapt upon Stacy as she made her way through the Scrapyard. The bite was infectious and she mumbled I Feel Kinda Strange. The Sheriff now feeling stronger takes another Revolver shot at the Zombie Becky missed and the Sheriff dispatched it dispassionately. For a moment The Sheriff and Becky's eyes meet and they almost kiss. Becky had saved his life and now he had repaid that debt. Kills 6.

Turn 7
The Sheriff and Becky awkwardly decided to Split Up. The Sheriff left the Police Station in a hail of bullets swearing to find his son. Another Zombie fell forever. The Sheriff now gained his 'Advanced Ability' and can now fire twice at the cost of discarding five Hero cards. He fires again killing another. Becky clenching her gore splattered knuckles strides towards another Zombie killing it. Her knowledge of human physiology now used for something never intended. The Zombies were falling fast. Could there be an end to this horror? Kills 8

Turn 8
Stacy had stayed in the Scrapyard searching. She stood recklessly on a Spawning Pit. This gave her an extra Hero card due to her Special Ability. She had a Revolver with a Pitchfork and fought off a naked Zombie freshly stitched from the local morgue. Stacy killed the rotten fiend in Hand to Hand by repeatedly slamming it's head in the door of a rusted Ford Mustang. The Sheriff fired at an advancing Zombie but his Revolver was out of bullets. Instantly the thing was upon him biting deep into the ligaments behind his knee. At that moment, a small child Zombie, no older than 6, Shambled from the Police Station towards the stricken Sheriff. Its small form an unholy mockery of life. The last thing Sheriff Jack Anderson ever saw and felt was a flash of pearly white teeth and an agonising pain at his throat. With the Sheriff's death the Heroes hopes died too...
Kills 9

Result Zombie victory (2 Heroes killed)
Hero of the game Becky (4 Kills)
Weapon of choice Revolver (4 kills)
Final kill total 9

Review Section
Stars are given on:- How it adds to the game, value for money, if it's cool or not and adds to the genre and quality. Marks are out of five.

Advanced Abilities
Contents Rules (1 page), 4 Zombie cards, 4 Hero cards, 4 Zombie Advanced Ability cards and 16 Hero Advanced Ability cards. It was great using the 'Advanced Abilities' it really felt that the Heroes were becoming greater Zombie killing pro's and were justly rewarded for it. I believe it added more depth to the game. They are really easy to use and put into your games. Four ****

Special Edition CD
Contents CD and 1 Hero card and one Zombie card. The new CD is much better I'm not certain but it sounds like it's been remastered. The new songs are good I would recommend getting it if you've got spare cash. ***

Hero Pack One
Contents Rules (4 pages), 4 figs, 4 character boards, 5 new Hero cards, 5 new Zombie cards and a new scenario. This is a must in my opinion I really like the new Heroes and can't wait to use them all. *****

Reviews will follow for the 'Zombies With Grave Weapons', 'Survival of the Fittest' and the 'Radioactive Grave Dead' supplements.

Comments and questions always welcome. Next Game report plus reviews coming soon.
To read the next For game report 2 go here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...as-Zombies
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2011, 08:42 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2011 08:43 AM by robottroubles.)
RE: Game Report Die Zombie Die (Advanced abilities, HP1 + Special Ed CD review)
Love it. The pictures and narrative are great! What do you plan on doing with the Radioactive GD? Paint the clothes? Just give em an all-over wash? Leave them as is?
02-28-2011, 08:47 AM
hahaha great story Trev.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Thank you Emp and Robot
People's comments such as yours make doing these articles worthwhile. I'm glad people enjoy them.

@Robot I think I would perhaps just paint their clothes and bases and leave their zombie flesh all glowing. Not sure how that would turn out. As I'm sure you know painting and modeling is all about trying out new ideas. I'm painting Ash from Evil dead at the moment pics. soon to follow.
02-28-2011, 06:30 PM
great job on your zombie figures, man. woot woot
02-28-2011, 11:26 PM
Trev, I painted my radioactive zombies with washes and drybrushes of different shades of metallic green. The end result gives them texture to help them fit in with painted miniatures, but also doesn't detract (and actually enhances) the look of the transparent green figures.
03-06-2011, 08:48 AM
This was very cool. I'm looking forward to your next review!
03-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Great review and game summary. All in all I am envious of your painting skills!! This makes me want to pick up the Heroes Advanced Abilities set.