Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNoE Game Report 10B Zombie Pillage (me as Heroes)
09-26-2012, 10:32 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2013 07:32 PM by samuraitrev.)
LNoE Game Report 10B Zombie Pillage (me as Heroes)
Hi there to all you LNoE gamers. This scenario is one of the official web exclusive expansions from the FFP website. The Heroes are about to get their hands real dirty. Read on.

Scenario Special Rules: Zombie Pillage, Hero Starting Cards (1), Heroes Replenish.
Mission: The Zombies must Pillage the Town Deck of 45 cards.
Board Sections: ( random) Junkyard, Hospital, Gun Shop and the Super Market.
Characters: (random) Father Joseph, Billy, Johnny and Jake Cartwright.
Starting Zombies: 11
Turns: 13

AA = Advanced Ability
H2H = Hand to Hand
ST = Survival Tactic
ZGW= Zombie Grave Weapon (figures have red bases in photos)

Pregame
Billy has a Shovel.

Turn 1
Father Joseph: “The Lord will protect us mark my words Billy my Boy”.
Johnny: “Like hell he will. He’s not done much so far, the word’s going to s**t! My God They’ve Taken The Bank.
Father J: “Don’t blaspheme. He’s just testing our faith sonny. Now listen. The forsaken ones are destroying the town. I’m not about to let that happen. We need to find ways and means to stop them.”
Johnny: “I take it the ‘forsaken’ you’re referring to are the ugly f**ks ruling this place taking bites out of everything that moves?”
Father J: “Give me strength! Right let’s split up. If things don’t go to plan we meet back here at the Town Centre well. You’re in my prayers. Take Courage Billy”.
Meanwhile Jake arrives at the Road Out of Town and scopes out the area.

Turn 2
Jake investigates the area and is suddenly pounced on by a Shambling Sickle ZGW.
Mr Hyde: “I got this stranger, GO!”
Jake makes a dash for cover as Mr Hyde pounds the Zombie’s head into a red paste killing it.
Billy: “We need weapons to fight these things. Wait! I Know Where It Is!
Billy pulls aside some wooden planks and finds a stashed Chainsaw. At that moment Johnny comes hurtling past.
Johnny: “Whoa how do you stop this thing?”
He’d found UI Jade’s Skateboard.
Billy: Right, we’ve got weapons. Now we need medicine to patch us up. I know where there’s a Stockpile: First Aid it’s in the Hospital”. (Zombies Choice).

Turn 3
Billy: “Th- They’re comin’”
Father J: “The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee.”
Johnny: “A-Men to that. Now let’s toast these mother******s”.
Billy carves up 2 Zombies with his Chainsaw. Father Joseph leaps in the way and is wounded by attempting an Unnecessary Self Sacrifice. Johnny takes down a Zombie in H2H.

Turn 4
Father Joseph suffers a wound using his Strength of Spirit. Billy beheads another Zombie with the Chainsaw and Johnny kills another Zombie in H2H.
Johnny: “Hey Father that prayin’s working. They’re dropping like flies.”
Johnny finds some Keys and uses them to open a back yard. He finds a large Fence Post there and yanks it out of the ground.
Johnny: “Hey Father take this. (Hands it to him). The next Zombie who touch’s me is gettin’ nailed to it!”
Billy: “We need guns. There’s a Stockpile: of Guns in the Junkyard. Dad hid them there.”

Turn 5
Father J: Look there’s more of the forsaken. There’s a New Spawning Pit in the Gas Station. During a lull in the fighting Billy is wounded from a Zombie biting him through a large crack in the wall. Johnny and Father Joseph hadn’t been on guard as they were Bickering about theology.
Billy: “YOU TWO! Cut it out. I got bit because you left your posts (Billy slumps to the ground). I Feel Kinda Strange…”

Turn 6
Jake: “My God They’ve Taken The Hospital. This Can’t Be Happening.” (-1 Fight Dice). More Zombies pour into the Gun Shop and Johnny is wounded as he’s tangled up with a Barbed Wire GWZ.
Johnny: “Get me out of this thing. Help Father ok-ok I take it back, he’s real!”
Billy’s Youth stands him in good stead and his wound is healed. Father Joseph smashes the Zombies head all over the Gun Shop tiles.
Johnny: “Thanks I owe you one. Hey man I think you’ve been Bitten…Look what I found strapped to that dead Zombie’s back it’s a Hunting Rifle. Let’s see if this baby’s loaded. Ker-Powwww. A Zombie’s head explodes in a shower of rotten filth. WhooHoooo!”
Johnny gets his AA Adrenaline.

Turn 7
Jake is now totally surrounded in the Super Market and the red mist descends. Like a feral beast he ducks and dives, smashing skulls of all who defy. When the carnage subsides 5 Zombies lay dead at his feet. Killed with H2H!

Billy kills more Zombies in the General Store with the Chainsaw. The blade sings a dirge of death in the midnight air. Billy had now gained his AA Anger. One Explosive GWZ carrying some dynamite trips over a mutilated corpse and is instantly vaporised. Father Joseph acts as Johnny’s spotter as they lie low in the General Store.
Father Joseph: “There’s one. Send it to hell!”
The Rifle shattered the silence and a headless Rusty Axe GWZ slumped to the ground forever.

Turn 8
Jake: “Maybe I should join the others. That guy back there saved my ass. Nah I Don’t Trust ‘Em. I’ll do this my way.”
Jake manages to kill another Zombie in H2H but is killed by the last remaining darkly clad child Zombie. He'd been so close to escape…

A new Hero swans towards the Town Centre. It’s Sam nonchalantly smoking a Cigar and twirling a bunch of Keys without a care in the world.
Johnny: “This ideas so mental it might work! You guys ever seen a mobile gun platform?”
He attaches the Hunting Rifle to Jade’s Skateboard using ST Duct Tape and some loose boards. Father Joseph and Billy stand back speechless. Johnny was either a genius or he’d lost the plot…
Sam made it to the Airplane Hanger and used the Keys to open a container. He opened it and found a Baseball Bat and some Dynamite. He held them in his hands looking out at the approaching Zombies and growled.
Sam: “Now we’re talkin’. Let’s be ‘avin’ yer!”

Turn 9
Father Joseph turns badly and gets a Twisted Ankle.
Father J: “Aghh for Fu….f.f.f .For what we may receive may the Lord make us truly grateful” (limps off).
He takes his aggression out on a Zombie using the Fence Post like a battering ram, crushing its head against a wall. Johnny rests and heals but his new invention Hunting Rifle/Jade’s Skateboard is discarded. He kicks the invention to pieces in anger and frustration.
Johnny: “I just built a piece of useless crap. What the hell was I thinking?”
Sam finds a working Flashlight and proceeds to alleviate the boredom by making finger puppets against the Hanger wall. He throws his Dynamite pulling at an imaginary pin and regrets discarding it pointlessly.

Turn 10
Sam was startled from his shadow game just as he’d nearly perfected ‘The Elephant’ by a Zombie. Sam grabbed the Zombie with one hand and hit the propeller blade of the small plane in the Hanger. He lifted the flailing Zombie into the path of the blades and its head smeared the walls. Father Joseph kills another Zombie in H2H his instincts guided by his unshakable faith. Johnny is wounded as fatigue starts to set in. Father Joseph Picks Up the broken Hunting Rifle in the Gun Shop and repairs it.
Father J: “Hey Johnny Catch.”
Johnny feels elated and Heals his wound but the Hunting Rifle wasn’t quite fixed and he’s forced to discard it again. Johnny is attacked again and he kills the Zombie in H2H
Johnny: “Get Back You Devils”.
Sam finds UI Father Joseph’s Bible.

Turn 11
Sam’s reading is disturbed by another walker and Sam is forced to snap his Baseball Bat over its head and discards the shards. Father Joseph sends another Zombie to hell by H2H.
Father J: “Stay back boy this calls for divine intervention. I kick arse for the Lord.”
Johnny Picks Up a new Hunting Rifle from the Gun Shop cabinet. He fires it and kills a Zombie with it. Billy finds some Gasoline.

Turn 12
Father J: “Stay strong defenders, it’s almost morning. My god They’re Coming From The Drug Store.”
Sam kills 2 Zombies in H2H. Billy runs near a pack of Zombies and discards his Gasoline. Johnny takes aim with the Hunting Rifle and .click. out of ammo so he discards it.

Turn 13
Jeb (The Grease Monkey): “You ain’t looking so good kid. But you’ll live. You’re lucky it was a scratch and not a bite.”
(Billy discards I feel Kinda Strange).

Sam looked in the polished reflection of his dog tags as the morning light glinted off their surfaces.
Sam: “Damn! You’re looking good. Just a grade-A Survivor.”

Result: Hero Victory (Survived until morning).
Hero of the game: Jake (7 Kills)
Weapon of Choice: Hand to Hand (16 kills!)

Epilogue:
Father Joseph protected the remaining flock of Survivors. Billy and Johnny healed while Jeb helped build barricades. The Heroes of Woodinvale decided they were staying put. With a fully equipped barricaded gun shop and maybe a divine intervention they might just see this through. Sam carried on doing what he did best...

To Be Continued...

Upon Reflection
What a fun game! The secret of success in this game has to be a) The almighty dice gods and b) a certain card I’d over looked before. It’s a Survival Tactic card called Go For The Head (Any Zombie beaten in a Fight where the Hero rolled at least one 6 is Killed, even if no doubles were rolled.) I just kept rolling 6’s. As you saw Jake powered his way through 5 Zombies plus another 1 more Zombie in H2H before he was brought down. There was no way I was saving him. He was in the middle of the Super Market when it was hit with My God They’ve and when he eventually had chance to escape he rolled a 1 but I’m not complaining. It makes a change to make a comfortable win for the Heroes. I think the Zombie played slipped up by not targeting my weaker Heroes (Johnny and Billy) and going for the 4 Hero death win. The Town Deck was no where near depleted by the end as the Zombies didn’t get any cards that targeted the Hero Deck. Much to the ZP frustration!

If you are reading this please comment.Watchmen02
To see the next game report go here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...-as-Heroes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2012, 10:06 PM
RE: LNoE Game Report 10B Zombie Pillage
*chirp*
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-30-2012, 10:10 PM
(09-30-2012 10:06 PM)mqstout Wrote:  *chirp*

Eureka! There's life out there!
10-01-2012, 06:18 AM
If there's something as frightning as zombie clowns it has got to be zombie kids. This report proves it! Did you play the official LNoE CD during the game or did you put on a Metallica score for the dead kid who stopped the unstoppable JC? Blackened could have been the kid's choice. As always excellent looking minis btw. The only thing missing on the kid's sculpt to fit his shirt would be a cassette walkman. Zombie03

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
10-01-2012, 07:59 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 08:00 PM by samuraitrev.)
(10-01-2012 06:18 AM)scarydk Wrote:  If there's something as frightning as zombie clowns it has got to be zombie kids. This report proves it! Did you play the official LNoE CD during the game or did you put on a Metallica score for the dead kid who stopped the unstoppable JC? Blackened could have been the kid's choice. As always excellent looking minis btw. The only thing missing on the kid's sculpt to fit his shirt would be a cassette walkman. Zombie03

We always play the Special Ed. CD as the set up music after that we turn it off so we can concentrate on the game. Creeping Death would have sounded awesome too!Zombie22
Thanks for taking the time to comment.
10-02-2012, 04:24 AM
A Jeb Figurine? Where did that come from?
10-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Great read as always. Nice to see the Heroes come out on top. Loved Samuel L Jackson as the Priest in Turn 3. Thanks for taking the time to do these reports. It is cool learning about the scenarios I don't have yet.
10-03-2012, 09:19 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2012 09:21 PM by samuraitrev.)
(10-02-2012 04:24 AM)Bokya Wrote:  A Jeb Figurine? Where did that come from?

Coldwar Miniatures the Survivors pack get him here! http://homepage.ntlworld.com/richard.dic.../dww14.htm
(10-03-2012 06:32 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  Great read as always. Nice to see the Heroes come out on top. Loved Samuel L Jackson as the Priest in Turn 3. Thanks for taking the time to do these reports. It is cool learning about the scenarios I don't have yet.

Thank you as always vikinglad. Next Game Report coming soon Stock Up!
10-10-2012, 10:30 PM
After reading a few of your game reports, I tried making some of my own for IFOS but man, there's too much detail that needs to be tracked! This is quite tedious, so I appreciate your effort in turning it into an entertaining read. Watchmen02
10-11-2012, 12:26 AM
(10-10-2012 10:30 PM)LabRat Wrote:  After reading a few of your game reports, I tried making some of my own for IFOS but man, there's too much detail that needs to be tracked! This is quite tedious, so I appreciate your effort in turning it into an entertaining read. Watchmen02

Cheers! TBH they take me frickin' hours! It's been a learning curve. I initially found it hard what to keep in and what to throw out as in cards used etc. I've found a balance between story and game information works best. That's the kind of Game Reports I used to like to read in White Dwarf magazine many moons ago.

Thanks for reading them.