Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNoE Game Report 11 Stock Up! (me as Zombies)
10-24-2011, 06:55 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2013 07:08 PM by samuraitrev.)
LNoE Game Report 11 Stock Up! (me as Zombies)
Hi there to all you LNoE gamers. This scenario is another one of the official web exclusive expansions from the FFP website.

Mission The Heroes must collect 4 weapons and a First Aid Kit. In the stockpile building all at the same time. The Zombies win by killing 3 Heroes.
Board Sections Junkyard, The Factory, Graveyard and Hospital.
Characters Johnny, Becky, Sam and Jenny.
Starting Zombies 6
Turns 15

PI = Play Immediately
RIP = Remains In Play
UI = Unique Item
ST = Survival Tactic
ZGW= Zombie Grave Weapon

Pregame
When choosing the Stockpile Random building it was Heroes choice. They chose the Diner. Jenny found some Dynamite hidden in the well.

Turn 1
PI New Spawning Pit discovered in the Bank. Becky finds her self surrounded at the Hospital and wounded. Sam opens his Diner's storeroom to take out a huge Axe. With a few experimental swings he lifts it high in the air. Lots of 'nam memories flooding back. Checking his reflection in a dusty mirror a 1000 yard stare coolly looks back. At that moment Sam hears a scream and turning to the door he kicks it open and charges out to battle.

Turn 2
The dead continue rising in the Hospital the Zombies had Taken Over it. This really hampered the Heroes chances as this building's pick up was any first aid card. A Zombie shambles towards Becky. She stands her ground until the last second and side steps it's bestial lunge. The Zombie falls roaring into the inky darkness of an elevator shaft. It's bellows suddenly cut short as it's head splattered like a rotten egg on the concrete eight floors below.

Turn 3
Again Becky is wounded crying out in pain as rotten teeth bury themselves into her shoulder. Johnny manages to find a Revolver in the Church (of all places). He fires it and gets it discarded. The Heroes curse the fickle gods of all dice.

Turn 4
Jenny is wounded. Becky fights her way through the Hospital desperately trying to escape the horde. At that moment she sees her ex work mate.
"Oh God... not you Martha?"
Becky pushes the Zombie nurse down the flight of stairs breaking it's neck and skull. She runs the last corridor and breaks into the open air. She momentarily rests against the door panting only to have a Zombie burst out through the glass and deliver a fatal bite to her neck.

The Zombies had now got an Advanced Ability Infectious.

Turn 5
Whilst making his way out of the Church Johnny sees the corpse of Father Joseph rise in front of him.
"It Can't Be..."
Running from the sight he collides with two Zombies and manages to kill one of them. The other wounds him. Sam charges into a Zombie knocking it to the ground. He raised the Axe and mercilessly hacked the writhing thing to pieces finally killing it. Jenny manages to find a Shotgun. Holing up in the Library with Sam.

Turn 6
Sam turns to Jenny knowing full well they were trapped.
"We're going to be ok just keep quiet the scum sacks don't know we're in here"
BANG!! BANG!!!
Rotten bodies threw themselves against the Library walls. The windows caving in and bones breaking as they smashed through the walls and the door.
Jenny Screamed
"We have to get out of here! They're coming through the AIEEEEEEEE!"
The Zombies broke through and Jenny disappeared under them her screams ringing through the building. Sam watched the carnage knowing this was his only chance to escape while they fed. His soul becoming a little darker after leaving the helpless victim.

The Zombies now had the Advanced Ability Outbreak

Turn 7
Sam escaped the Library and decided it would be wise to leave town. Throwing his rucksack on (full of supplies) he decided to head for the road out of town. Heading for the mountains and forests knowing his survival depended on him alone.

Turn 8
Johnny desperately searched for any items he could use as a weapon in the Junkyard. Only to find himself trapped between two cars. The Zombies closed for the Kill...

As Sam reached the crest of the hill he turned to survey the smoking town of Woodinvale one last time after hearing a faint scream on the wind. He then checked the sun's position and continued to march towards the forest hoping to reach his hidden cache of weapons by nightfall...
"You can get ready ya maggoty fraks 'cos I'll be payin' ya another visit real soon..."

Result Zombie Victory (3 Heroes killed).
Hero of the game Sam (Found 1 scenario search item and kept it)
Weapon of Choice Hand to Hand (3 kills)

I hope you enjoyed this game report and thank you for taking the time to read it. I always like to read your comments
To see the next game report go here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...as-Zombies
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-25-2011, 09:03 AM
RE: Game Report 11 Stock Up!
Nice!

What dot rules did you use, and how did you find that advanced abilities affected the game?

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
10-25-2011, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2011 02:20 PM by samuraitrev.)
Hi Sovtech

We always use the Survival Tactics cards and these are balanced against the Zombies with Grave Weapons. We also always use the Advanced Abilities. (There's a card for each Hero + 4 for Zombies).

These balance quite well and I don't think they're too overpowered. I like the way it gives you an idea that the Hero is hit with the Zombie Apocalypse and the more they survive and start Zombie mashing they get rewarded in a way that can be seen as gaining experience. I wouldn't recommend someone who is just starting out to use the all the above straight away but introduce step by step. As there can be stacks of cards on the table. I would introduce Advanced Abilities first as it's no great leap rules wise. Then Survival Tactics and Zombies with Grave Weapons next. In regards to affecting the game they didn't in this case (The Heroes didn't get any and the rolls required for the Zombie Advantages didn't come up). But before they have played quite an important part. Infectious is particullary nasty as 1 wound can easily lead to 2 and as you know this can kill the weaker Heroes outright.

Cheers!
10-25-2011, 10:10 PM
I liked this!

Pore Becky, she's one of my favorites. You just have to team up with someone to get her benefits. ;P
10-26-2011, 10:47 AM
Do you ever use any other dot rules for the scenarios other than the ones used in the scenario? As in Grave Dead, Radioactive Dead, Free Search Markers, etc.?

Cheerio,
A

[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
10-26-2011, 11:35 AM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2011 11:42 AM by samuraitrev.)
(10-26-2011 10:47 AM)SovTech Wrote:  Do you ever use any other dot rules for the scenarios other than the ones used in the scenario? As in Grave Dead, Radioactive Dead, Free Search Markers, etc.?

Cheerio,
A

No I don't use any of the other dot rule systems (yet) as I'm just keeping with the core game and expansions for the sake of these game reports. Some of which we're playing for the first time. In future I would tweak certain parts of the scenario IF it added thematically to the chosen game. e.g perhaps for the scenario where you have to get the bio-canisters you could use the Radioactive Grave Dead balanced with free search markers etc. I think the dot system's a great idea for people to introduce variations in their games or to make up their own balanced scenarios.
(10-25-2011 10:10 PM)godathand Wrote:  I liked this!

Pore Becky, she's one of my favorites. You just have to team up with someone to get her benefits. ;P

She never got the chance to team up as the Hospital she was slap bang in the middle of got taken over and she got swarmed. The Heroes were divided and conquered.......
10-28-2011, 08:29 AM
Btw. Great Zombies! I like them very much!

10-28-2011, 02:24 PM
Thank you SovTechWatchmen02
09-06-2012, 09:56 PM
RE: LNoE Game Report 11 Stock Up!
Awesome report, once again. After just recently getting and playing Stock Up, it has already become one of my favorite scenarios. So far, I've only played the ones with the base game, Revenge of the Dead, and Stock Up. Oh... and one from my fellow LNOE fan's set at my gaming night. It was the one where the zombies are trying to destroy buildings.

It's funny,

Jenny never seems to have much luck. LOL! Almost every time we have her come into play, she winds up becoming a Zombie Hero, or at least dying.

Sounds like your heroes had a tough time this game. They weren't able to find many weapons, and did find a revolver, but then promptly lost it right away. Not to mention that early ambush on poor Becky. Ouch!
09-08-2012, 07:26 PM
RE: LNoE Game Report 11 Stock Up!
Thanks for checking out these game reports. We played a game a couple of days ago. I will post it soon.Watchmen02