Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNoE Game Report 11B Stock Up! (me as Heroes)
10-14-2012, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2013 07:47 PM by samuraitrev.)
LNoE Game Report 11B Stock Up! (me as Heroes)
Hi there to all you LNoE gamers. This scenario is one of the official web exclusive expansions from the FFP website. http://stores.homestead.com/FlyingFrogPr...l.bok?no=2

Mission: The Heroes must collect 4 Weapons (Hand or Ranged) and a First Aid Kit. Then take them to the Stockpile Building. Zombies win by Killing 3 Heroes.
Board Sections: (random) High School, The Factory, Graveyard and The Barn.
Characters: (random) Billy, Becky, Johnny and Mr. Goddard.
Starting Zombies: 7
Turns: 15

AA = Advanced Ability
H2H = Hand to Hand
ST = Survival Tactic
ZGW= Zombie Grave Weapon (figures have red bases in photos)

Pregame
Stockpile Building is the Antique Shop. Billy and Mr. Goddard start in the High School. Johnny is in the Gym. Becky is at the Town Centre armed with some Garden Shears.

Turn 1 16th of July
My name is Johnny Miller and this is my story. If anyone finds this after I’m mince meat you’ve got to understand I did all I could to protect them. Me and T-Bone had a saying ‘If you’ve gotta go. You go out on your feet and fighting’. I miss that dumb guy. He was always a slow runner in football practice I just hope he’s… never mind. Here’s what happened. The town had been over run just like all the others. If you’re reading this 1st congratulations for outliving me and 2nd I hope this helps, if not feel free to use this for toilet paper. (I know how hard it is to find). There were 4 of us left. Mr. Goddard; one of our teachers who was smart enough to evade the Zombies and set them on fire. Pretty ok guy with a large collection of grandpa style ties. Becky a super hot nurse I think was up for it. Billy an uber wimp, daddy’s boy, virgin. Then me, Woodinvale badass. Mr. Goddard had been on the School roof with binoculars all day and said there’s a New Spawning Pit in the Church. Guess those guys aren’t too worried about the whole wrath of God thing? He then left saying I’ve Got To Get To The Antique Shop. He never said why, perhaps he wants a new tie? Billy screamed like a bitch "My God He’s A Zombie". Becky stepped in, pushing him outta the way and decapitated it with some freakin’ Garden Shears. SO HOT! She gave me a C.B. to contact her.

Turn 2
Zombies started pouring out of the Farmhouse. There must have been a New Spawning Pit in there too. I took a Revolver from my gun stash in the Gym. Soon after, I heard a scrabbling coming from the changing room. The ugly freak with a Rusty Axe nearly had me too. Good thing I was packing. I blew its damn head off I felt pretty awesome actually. Him or me. Simple.

Turn 3
So, here’s me thinking I was home free in the Gym when something grabbed my ankle. It was one of my old teachers Mrs. Simmerson, well what was left of her. All remained was a Crawling Torso I stomped the thing good, ruining the basketball court in the process. I thought my number was up when who appeared? None other than T-Bone he saved me from being Bitten and took the bite himself and dragged the thing squirming outside. I remember his last words. He said “Don’t die for nothing Johnny”. I still see him when I snatch an hour of sleep here and there. Oh Jesus…

Hi, me again. The C.B. went off and Becky was on the other end. I had to focus like coach used to say ‘If you take your eyes off the ball you’re eating dirt’. Becky said she was in the Farmhouse with a Flashlight. I told her to stay safe I would rescue her. She laughed, I never asked her why…

Turn 4
Billy found some Dynamite in the High School. I told him to get as far away from me as possible. He looked heartbroken. I’m sure he keeps checking me out. Can’t say I blame him, I work out. Hell sometimes I catch myself! Mr. Goddard had made it to the Antique shop. He then started to Barricade The Windows. Smart guy for a douche.

Becky contacted me again from the Farmhouse, damn hot voice. She purred “I’ve got a First Aid Kit, have you got anywhere that aches? Or did I imagine the last part? Can’t remember…

Turn 5
The Heaviest Rain I ever saw started to come down. It would take more than that to wash away the gunk from this place. Billy locked himself in the School toilets. I held the fort in the Gym. Goddard must have stayed in the Antique Shop. He seemed Haunted By The Past that guy had a guilty conscience I could sense it. A crowd of Zombies had followed him to the Antique Shop but couldn’t get through the Blocked Windows. He was dug in like an Alabama tic. Becky had the good sense to Hide in the Farmhouse. That piece was a born Survivor. Goddard Barricaded the Windows of the Antique Shop again.

Turn 6
The Lights went Out in the Library. I wasn’t planning on reading any long books anytime soon anyway. A Zombie covered in Barbed Wire smashed a part of Goddard’s Reinforced barricade. Becky decided to meet up with Billy in the High School. She gave him her Flashlight she must have felt sorry for him. I found some Rusty Keys. I spent some time trying out some locks.

Turn 7
Becky told me she was tired of the Falling Darkness around her and she had lost her hope of being a Survivor. I cheered her up the best I could with humorous football anecdotes but even that didn’t work. The girl must have been on a major downer. She said she’d helped Billy some more in the High School and given him a Torch. I told her to get out of there. I wouldn’t trust that wimp with a roman candle let alone a stick of Dynamite where the hell had he found it in the first place? I found a small shed outside that the Rusty Keys fit. I found a gun box with another Revolver. I felt like Billy the Kid. No, bad example. I felt like Pat Garrett. I tested out the new gun on a Zombie with a Machete. I had to fire every bullet at the Resilient thing and discarded the Revolver. I now felt ready to take on the world. I had Advanced Abilities compared to the rest of the survivors I was buzzing with Adrenaline.

Turn 8
Billy finally decided to grow a pair and took a Shotgun from my stash in the Gym. He then managed to take down his 1st Zombie by sneaking up on it and smashing it over the skull with the gun stock. Becky said he was wonderful I just ignored the message. She later told me she’d found more Dynamite and went on to tell me Billy had killed another Zombie, blowing its head off with my Shotgun. Good for him. I’d found myself a Backpack I thought it would come in handy when me and Becky ditched that place.

Turn 9
I saw a Zombie who must have been Recently Dead as it was covered in fresh wounds break into the Antique Shop. Next I heard a scream from in there. I guess Goddard had been wounded or worse. The place was swarming no one was going in or out… Billy killed another Zombie with the Shotgun the Zombies must have heard the blasts from all across town. I’d found myself a Pitchfork. We’d now got enough weapons and medicine to protect ourselves it was time to make for the Stockpile Building. Becky gave Billy a second stick of Dynamite and took her Flashlightback. She never gave me a damn thing but a boner.

Turn 10
Another scream rang out from the Antique Shop. Goddard must have been wounded again. He must have been putting up a hell of a fight in there. I can’t believe I got upstaged at one point but I gotta admit it was nearly cool. Billy lit some Dynamite and threw it at a Zombie carrying around an Explosive propane tank. I don’t think I’ve ever heard a boom like it. I thought my ears were gonna bleed. Billy and Becky must have been deafened. That was one dead Zombie. Another big fat ass Zombie with a Bloated Body was also nuked in the blast. Billy was clearly Angry AA; never thought I’d see the day.

Turn 11
Billy and Becky had decided to make a break for the Antique Shop. Waiting this out was our only chance. The problem was the ground between the School and the Stockpile building was swarming with Zombies. I saw them get wounded once each. Billy was close to death. There was nothing I could have done.

Turn 12
The Zombies finally broke through the Antique Shop barricades. Goddard tried to make a run for it and was dragged down just outside. He didn’t deserve to go like that.

Billy was still in the Antique Shop when a Zombie wrapped in Barbed wire got him. He died screaming for help. It never came.

The Zombies had been driven mad by hunger or rage who knows? They were Ravenous AA. I rushed in to save them but I was too late. I managed to shoot one through the head and kill it with the Revolver. Remember SHOOT THEM IN THE HEAD.

Turn 13
The Zombies were everywhere. Me and Becky fought for our lives; she screaming chopped off the Barbed Wire Zombie’s head with the Garden Shears. I took another one down with my Revolver for every one we dropped another two smashed their way in.

Turn 14
What can I say? I tried to save her. I fought my way through the pitch black Library. I was so tired from lack of sleep and the fighting. A Zombie had just wounded me and I felt close to blacking out. I saw her through the Antique Shop door. I couldn’t get to her. Before they took her forever she whispered and forced a pained smile. “Maybe in another life John”. I never saw her again, she was dragged to the ground shrieking.

How am I writing this? I ran…I’m still running. If you’re reading this I guess I wasn’t fast enough…

Result: Zombie Victory (Killed 3 Heroes).
Hero of the game: Johnny (He found 3 Weapons)
Weapon of Choice: Revolver (4 kills)

Epilogue: File Report 276/B
This document was found by Containment Team Alpha. The whereabouts of Mr. Miller are currently unknown. This document shall be taken to the vault with the others.
Classified

Upon Reflection
So very, very close. That’s the beauty of this game, it’s so finely balanced it usually goes to the last turn or two. I had all the scenario search items in my grasp by Turn 9 so I knew I had to take action. The Zombies had played well putting Lights Out in the Library. This slowed me down. The Zombies spent time guarding the 2nd door and smashing down my reinforcements as well. The problem with the Antique Shop as a Stockpile room is it actually has 6 separate wall sections to Barricade. So I had to use 2 Survival Tactic Barricade the Windows to defend it. ‘If’ (that word again!) it had been the factory (2 walls) it would have been much more defendable. I could have saved the 2nd ST card to build more Reinforcements once they’d been broken down. It also hurts not having anywhere to Pick Up guns. That’s the game though. The Zombies went completely on the offensive. They smashed the Stockpile Building and my Heroes to bits!

If you are reading this please comment.
To see the next game report go here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...-as-Heroes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-22-2012, 08:23 PM
RE: LNoE Game Report 11B Stock Up! (Johnny's Story)
Awesome! I always love your game reports, but this one was really cool! I love the slight change you tried in format, actually writing this as one of the characters. It was really neat.

I've had a chance to play Stock Up a few times and it has actually become one of my favorite scenarios. I am definitely glad I picked it up.
10-22-2012, 09:57 PM
Your game sounds amazing. Must have been loads of fun! And what a great report...

The first person narritive starring Johnny works really well. It sort of twists the story a bit towards the views of our beloved quarterback. I guess Billy would have told the story a tad differently Watchmen02
Well done. I hope to see Father Joseph's take on the apocalypse in a future game report! Watchmen02

I have to agree with Staypuft. Stock up is an awesome scenario. At first it sounds a bit on the simple side but it's exciting for both players, especially when it all comes down to the last turn as your report confirms.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-22-2012, 11:27 PM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2012 11:30 PM by samuraitrev.)
(10-22-2012 08:23 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  Awesome! I always love your game reports, but this one was really cool! I love the slight change you tried in format, actually writing this as one of the characters. It was really neat.

I've had a chance to play Stock Up a few times and it has actually become one of my favorite scenarios. I am definitely glad I picked it up.

Cheers. I think I might write the next Game Report in 1st person too. We played Run For It! at the weekend so expect the next report soon...
(10-22-2012 09:57 PM)scarydk Wrote:  Your game sounds amazing. Must have been loads of fun! And what a great report...

The first person narritive starring Johnny works really well. It sort of twists the story a bit towards the views of our beloved quarterback. I guess Billy would have told the story a tad differently Watchmen02
Well done. I hope to see Father Joseph's take on the apocalypse in a future game report! Watchmen02

I have to agree with Staypuft. Stock up is an awesome scenario. At first it sounds a bit on the simple side but it's exciting for both players, especially when it all comes down to the last turn as your report confirms.

Thanks I'm glad you liked it. As I've said before if people read them I'll keep on writing them. I think you'll like the next report if you liked this one...
10-23-2012, 07:47 PM
Ooo! Love the teaser. ;-) Can't wait to see the next one.