Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNoE Game Report 12B Run for It! (me as Heroes)
10-29-2012, 09:55 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2013 07:49 PM by samuraitrev.)
LNoE Game Report 12B Run for It! (me as Heroes)
Hi there to all you LNoE gamers. This scenario is one of the official web exclusive expansions from the FFP website. http://stores.homestead.com/FlyingFrogPr...l.bok?no=2

Scenario Special Rules: Hero Starting Cards (1), Extra Doors (2), Zombie Horde, Zombies Autospawn, Heroes Replenish, Free Search Markers, Townsfolk Heroes (6).
Mission: 4 Townsfolk Heroes Need to Escape Woodinvale. The Zombies win by killing at least 3 Townsfolk.
Board Sections: (random) Graveyard, Junkyard, High School, Gun Shop, Hospital, The Barn and The Manor House.
Characters: (random) Jake Cartwright, Sam, Mr. Goddard and Sally.
Starting Zombies: 5 + 6 on each L-Section =11
Turns: 16

AA = Advanced Ability
H2H = Hand to Hand
ST = Survival Tactic
ZGW= Zombie Grave Weapon (figures have red bases in photos)

Pregame
The 2 extra doors are on the Manor House. All the Heroes start in The Manor House. Sally has a Flashlight and has decided to Rise to the Challenge. Mr. Goddard gives Jake a light for his Cigar. Sam secretly eats the last of his rations. The Townsfolk Principal Gomez, Mr. Hyde, Coach Packer, Doc Broady, Farmer Sty and T-Bone nervously await instructions.

Turn 1
Hi diary it’s me Sally. I’m writing this in you so I can look back one day to remind myself this really happened. We’re all in a spooky old Manor House at the moment. Normally that would seem pretty cool, the only problem is, the monsters are real. All my life I’ve had to deal with monsters of some description. The only family I have is my step-father a deadbeat, alcoholic and his son Jeb the stinking oil ape. I didn’t care much for them in life. I care even less now they’re dead. Oh wait let me explain. The world is ending and nearly everyone’s dead. How else can I say it? That fossil Doc Broady said I was suffering from Teen Angst.

Turn 2
What does he know? You try losing your mother and not even having a memory or photograph to remember her by. I wasn’t even told how she died. All I was told is she’s gone and was left her pendant. I’m holding it now, looking at my dark reflection within. Sometimes I look into it and feel a presence behind me. Maybe I am crazy huh? The Surprise Attack of a Zombie was stopped by Broady. He bellowed Get Back You Devils as he threw some kind of acid on it and killed it. I always thought he was so kind. I guess everyone has their limits. That creepy teacher Mr. Goddard has a Shotgun from somewhere. He fired it at a Zombie who was dumb enough to poke its gross face through a gap in the door. Goddard just blew its head clean off. Ewwwww. Sam is in the Hospital playing an electric Guitar ‘badly’ and I think it’s drawing some of the Zombies away. Pretty cool idea.

Turn 3
We’ve built Barricades around the Manor House doors and windows and things have gone quiet. I’m in the top tower in the west wing now. Gomez said I shouldn’t wander off. He has to realize he’s not my Principal now. All that stuff’s just gone… I can see Goddard fighting his way through the Junkyard killing another Zombie with his Shotgun. I can see a light in the Hospital Sam must have found a Torch. The last time I saw Billy was at the Hospital. We thought this thing was some infection and he went there to see his dad. He left telling me he loved me and I told him to prove it by coming back soon. I even promised he could be my first. He wasn’t but he didn’t need to know that. Guys like to be told that kind of thing.

Turn 4
I’m shaking as I write this so I hope I can read this back. I decided to leave the Manor House to find Sam he’d been gone an hour. So I went to the Diner all seemed quiet until I was right in the middle of the place and all the gross freaks starting getting up and they attacked me at once. I don’t know what happened I had lost Faith in everything and everyone but I fought for survival like never before. All my pain and rage gave me strength and belief as I smashed the Zombie’s head with a table leg. The thing had Bitten me but At Last luck was on my side and the bite didn’t pierce my jacket. All four of the filthy things attacked me but when the rage ended only one remained with its brains still inside its skull. (Here's a picture I drew of the three dead Zombies) Zombie13Zombie13Zombie13

Later I heard how Goddard had killed some Zombie with a Sickle with a Shotgun blast. Those things are packing weapons now! He’d become the one the rest looked up to. He could protect them and Repair AA anything that went wrong.

Turn 5
Sam’s just returned he came back laughing doing an impression of Broady’s war cry Get Back You Devils. His hands were caked in gore. He said he’s lost his Guitar and Torch and that some Zombie was not going to be sitting comfortably for quite a while, whatever that meant. The last Zombie in the Diner tried to grab me I just screamed Let’s Rock and caved its head in. Sam stood there speechless. I guess I don’t look the maniac type. He broke the silence, handed me a beer and said. That’s some badass bushwhacking soldier, you’re going to fit right in. Sam told me Jake had found a Shotgun in the Gym and we were planning on getting out of here. Goddard’s Shotgun rang out again from the Junkyard another Zombie must have been stupid enough to cross his path.

Turn 6
I didn’t realize we had a plan! Doc Broady and Farmer Sty had found a Sewer outside the Manor House leading to the outskirts of the town.

While me and Sam were slapping each other on the back a Zombie managed to lunge at me and I knocked my head against a door frame. I felt wounded but quickly made a Recovery and brought a table crashing down on its head while Sam held it down. The ugly freak’s head turned to mush and I decided that day I would become the Hunter AA not the hunted. I made a break back to the Manor House and Goddard came from nowhere to take down 3 Zombies with his Shotgun. I know he saved my life but the Guy scared even me. This thing affects people differently. He’d gone all the way through fear and out the other side. Basically he wasn’t normal anymore. I wonder if any of us still are.

Doc Broady was the first to make his way into the darkness of the Sewer. He said
"It smelled like walking down someone’s colon."

Farmer Sty followed him closely. The first two Townsfolk had escaped Woodinvale.

Turn 7
Coach Packer managed to hide from a Zombie by moaning
"Ughhh Braaains"
Who would have thought that’d work? Sam had brought a Shovel he’d found in The Plant. Jake set off from the Gym to join us. Goddard took down another approaching Zombie with his trusty Shotgun. Something I will never forget that rounded off this crazy day was a Zombie dressed as Elvis trying to get to the Sewer entrance. I pushed it down there and heard its skull shatter on the excrement covered Sewer floor. Not a nice way for anyone to bow out. Mr. Hyde and Coach Packer were the next to escape to freedom.

Result: Hero Victory (4 Townsfolk Escaped)
Hero of the game: Mr. Goddard (8 Kills)
Weapon of Choice: Shotgun (8 Kills)

Epilogue:
Well we all got out of there and we emerged to blinding sunlight. The area is clear and we’re just having some food Jake managed to get. Goddard is cleaning his gun and I think he’s actually singing and Sam’s doing a reconisense (not sure if that’s spelt right!) I don’t know why he's out there. I don’t think there’s any-------------

Upon Reflection
Who would have thought it one of my hair brained plans actually worked? The Hero Starting Cards and the Free Search markers helped a lot but it was my plan from the offset to farm the Survival Tactics Deck as much as possible while trying to protect my wimpy Townsfolk. I made for any outlying buildings which had the 4-6 option of finding Survival Tactics cards and went all out Searching. 2 ST Barricade cards came up pretty early so I managed to Barricade a large section of the Manor House. My Heroes kept cutting down the Zombies whenever they got close. Especially Goddard who’s Shotgun never failed once. (Thanks Dice Gods) By the time the Zombies cottoned on what was happening I’d drawn the ST Sewers and my merry band was ready for the off. The Zombies had headed straight for the Manor House and made a defensive barrier between the Manor House and the Escape Zone. Not expecting my guys to go underneath them. To be honest the tactics may seem a little sneaky but hey the Heroes will take any chance they can for freedom!

I hope you enjoyed the report! If you are reading this please comment.
To see the next game report go here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...-as-Heroes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2012, 01:37 AM
RE: LNoE Game Report 12B Run for It! (me as Zombies)
Seems like a good way to add a seventh player. Have them control the towns folk.

Does that look like a scratch or a bite?
12-12-2012, 06:46 PM
RE: LNoE Game Report 12B Run for It! (me as Zombies)
(12-12-2012 01:37 AM)funcall Wrote:  Seems like a good way to add a seventh player. Have them control the towns folk.

Thanks for reading and commenting funcall. Yeah that's not a bad idea actually.
08-15-2013, 05:41 PM
RE: LNoE Game Report 12B Run for It! (me as Heroes)
This is by far my favorite report

Si Vis Pacem, para bellum.
Tulta munille
08-16-2013, 02:19 PM
I've just read it back myself and I remember the game. I love it when a plan comes together! I also wrote this in a different style and I'm glad you liked itWatchmen02
08-16-2013, 05:41 PM
I loved that your master plan worked. Most of the time when I come up with a grand master plan that well win it something goes horribly wrong, like a fire starts and burns the building to the ground.

Si Vis Pacem, para bellum.
Tulta munille
08-19-2013, 09:28 PM
I really liked the diary approach to the write-up - great imagination Trev!