Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNoE Game Report 13B All Hallows Eve (me as Heroes)
10-30-2012, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2013 07:50 PM by samuraitrev.)
LNoE Game Report 13B All Hallows Eve (me as Heroes)
Hi there to all you LNoE gamers. This report follows on from Game Report 12B. This scenario is one of the free downloads available on the Flying Frog Website here http://www.flyingfrog.net/lastnightonear...ntent.html
I thought I’d play this game as it’s that time of year as you can see 4 turn report! Read on…

Scenario Special Rules: Hero Starting Cards (1)
Scenario Search Item: Keyword Fire
Mission: The Heroes must find the Zombie Master and destroy the Book of the Dead.
Board Sections (random): Graveyard, Gun Shop, Junkyard and The Barn.
Characters (random): Jake Cartwright, Sheriff Anderson, Becky and Sally.
Starting Zombies: 3
Turns: 16

Pregame
All 4 Heroes are at the Town Centre. The Sheriff is sat on the well checking his Revolver and smoking a Cigar. Becky is double checking supplies in her First Aid Kit and Sally has her Revolver stripped down.

Turn 1
Hi Diary me again. Things got pretty bad yesterday. After we escaped from the Manor House we decided to stop and eat. Bad idea, unfortunately a couple of Zombies had the same plan. One of the townsfolk a woman named Rose got her throat torn out before Sam and Goddard could save her. That was yesterday. I just want to survive today. Jake had the idea last night, that one of the Townsfolk is some sort of evil Zombie Master who’s raised all the dead using powers of the occult. The Sheriff accused him of taking hallucinogenics and Becky told him he needed rest. The sun has come up and its pretty clear They’re Coming From the Gun Shop. I’m guessing a load of survivors made a stand there and never got out. Today I saw two Zombies with really Rotten Bodies just disintegrate in front of me. They just fell apart wailing. Perhaps this will soon be over. The first of the Townsfolk I questioned about being a Zombie Master was Coach Packer. I found him filling up a car at the Gas Station. He got angry and denied it completely. He’s sulking now. This is so lame. There’s no such thing as magic powers.
You won’t believe what happened! Becky found this Barn building and there was this Jock in there I knew from High School called T-Bone. Becky questioned him along the lines of
“Admit you’re the Zombie Master. I will be your evil queen and fulfil every sordid whim!”
He admitted it flat out shouting
“Everyone ignored me at School. Well they won’t now! I will rule the world!”

Becky made a run for it and we all moved in to take him down.

Turn 2
Zombie Master T-Bone was enraged that he’d been tricked and lashed out at Becky as she escaped and wounded her. I took a shot at T-Bone for that with my Revolver and the bullet must have just winged him. The guy seemed Unstoppable. Yes I was prepared to murder him for what he’d unleashed on this town. How many were dead because of his stupid dabbling with the forces of darkness. I’ve just had some kind of good news. Jake has found my step-brother Jeb alive in the Church of all places.

Becky is trapped in The Barn but she’s managed to find a Circular Saw. What happened next is horrible to describe. T-Bone, still incensed, grabbed hold of Becky swearing to kill her and she fired up the Circular Saw. I don’t know if he fell on top of it, or she meant it, but she buried it into his neck and fatally wounded him.

He dropped this really creepy book as he died and I heard him gurgle his last words.
“You can’t stop them. I tried. It’s the Book of the Dead it gives them power. Destroy it. I’m sorry…I just wanted people to notice me.”
Becky held him until he stopped breathing. She then took the Book of the Dead. Another Zombie came from nowhere attacking her ferociously is if drawn by the evil power of the book. Becky was wounded again but managed to use a shot of Adrenaline from her First Aid Kit and fully heal.

Turn 3
Something really weird just happened I can only describe as some sort of Dance of the Dead. All the Zombies started shaking and then fell down dead. I’m talking every single one in the town. I saw at least six just fall. I think the power in the Book of the Dead was failing. The Sheriff fired into The Barn with his Revolver and killed the Zombie that was attacking Becky. The Resilient thing took every single bullet to die and the Sheriff threw the gun away. Jake had found a Lighter in the Church. It must have been for the candles. Exhausted Becky left The Barn and gave the Book of the Dead to the Sheriff in the Cornfield.

Turn 4
Jake found a Torch in the Church then came to join us. I fired my Revolver at a Zombie with a Rusty Axe in the Barn. My aim’s getting better I shot it straight through the eye and killed it with one bullet. The Sheriff said
“Time to put a stop to this evil.”
He then put his Cigar out on the Book of the Dead. The thing burnt and twisted horribly and stank gross like burning rotten meat.
Jake called over and asked if anyone wanted to hear one of his camp fire songs. Anderson just gave him one of his condescending looks.
It’s time to go now it’s a long way back to the safe house and the sun’s going down.

Result: Hero Victory (Zombie master Killed and the Book of the Dead burned)
Hero of the Game: Becky (She discovered the Zombie Master and killed him.)
Weapon of Choice: Revolver (2 Kills)

Epilogue:
Night came as the Heroes returned to their safe house. They slept fitfully hoping the curse would now be over. They would go back to Woodinvale at first light to survey the carnage and perhaps bring an end to this nightmare.

Upon Reflection:
A 4 turn victory! It was incredibly lucky to discover The Zombie Master as the second Townsfolk questioned in the 1st turn. In total I managed to find 3 Fire Items too. Everything went well for Becky she found the Zombie Master then picked up a really nasty weapon (Circular Saw) that kills without needing doubles, all you need to do is beat the Zombie roll by 2 or more. The Zombie player had nothing to prevent the wounds so the Poor Zombie Master was put to rest. Plus the Zombie player lost a total of 8 Zombies due to Rotten Bodies and Dance of the Dead in Turns 1 and 3. The last time we played this was a major Zombie victory. (The Zombie Master lived and the Book remained undamaged). I would recommend this scenario but don’t expect to be this lucky. Hmm… Maybe Sally is Lucky? That’s 2 wins in a row with her…Watchmen02

I hope you enjoyed the Report. Please leave a comment.
To see the next game report go here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...-as-Heroes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply