Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNoE Game Report 14B We've Got to Go Back! (me as Heroes)
11-10-2012, 01:14 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2018 10:50 PM by samuraitrev.)
LNoE Game Report 14B We've Got to Go Back! (me as Heroes)
Hi there to all you LNoE gamers. This scenario is one of the free downloads available on the Flying Frog Website here http://www.flyingfrog.net/lastnightonear...ntent.html Have a read if you want to pick up some tactics for this scenario.

Mission: The Heroes must find the two Bio Canisters and get them out of Woodinvale using the Truck.
Board Sections (random): Super Market, Hospital, The Factory, Junkyard, The Barn and the Gun Shop.
Characters (In this scenario they must be chosen): Sam, Sheriff, Jake and Victor.
Starting Zombies: 9
Turns: 17

ZGW: Zombie with Grave Weapon
ST: Survival Tactic card.

Pregame
The options are choose 6 Hero cards or get 12 random Hero cards. I opted to choose 6 cards from the Hero deck. I gave Victor a Circular Saw and a Meat Cleaver. Sam has some Garden Shears. Jake has 2 Signal Flares. Sheriff Anderson has his Revolver. I also chose the Hero event Brilliant Idea (Gives you two ST cards and lets you choose 1 to keep.

Turn 1
The Heroes arrived in town from Fort Baxter fearful yet determined to get the essential 'saltes' Dr Seavers required to carry out a possible cure to the Zombie Plague.
Sheriff: “Ok people we do this by the book. Sam, Victor; I want you two to get in there and search the buildings. Jake you’re on sentry duty I will oversee this operation. Let’s move.”
Jake makes the first kill as he fires into the Airplane Hanger with a Signal Flare and engulfs a Zombie pilot in flames killing it.

Turn 2
Jake kills a ZGW Sickle in the Airplane Hanger with his last Signal Flare .

Turn 3
Sam searches for a Bio-canister in the Farmhouse but turns up empty handed. The Sheriff searches for a Bio-canister in the Diner and finds one.

Victor then rampages off into the Gas Station and melees a Zombie there. After a short time the Zombie is hacked to pieces with an industrious assault with the Meat Cleaver. Jake Picks Up another Signal Flare from the Hanger.

Turn 4
Victor now searches for another Bio-canister in the Gas Station but finds nothing. Sam is wounded by a Blood Spray GWZ outside the General store. Jake Picks Up another Signal Flare.

Turn 5
Sam receives a second wound from the Blood Spray GWZ.

Turn 6
Victor is wounded outside the Antique Shop. Sam gets a 3rd wound inside the General Store from a Recently Dead GWZ. Sam searches for a Bio-canister in the General Store but there’s nothing in there. Sam gets enraged and decapitates the Recently Dead GWZ with his Garden Shears.

Turn 7
Victor kills a Zombie with his trusty Meat Cleaver while breaking into The Factory. Jake fires his Signal Flare at the Bloated Body GWZ but the Unstoppable thing just keeps lumbering forward. The Sheriff loads the 1st Bio-canister into the Truck.

Victor searches for a Bio-canister in The Factory and finds it. Zombies block the eastern door one of them is a GWZ wielding a razor sharp Machete.

Turn 8
Victor gets a second wound in The Factory from a Zombified cop. He then spots a ST Sewer drain outside The Factory door.

He floats down the river of excrement atop the Bio-canister terrified of falling in and getting his wounds very, very infected.

The second Barrel is loaded on board the Truck

Result: Hero Victory (The Heroes found both Bio-canisters and escaped Woodinvale)
Hero of the Game: (Victor he found a Bio-canister, loaded it on the Truck and killed 2 Zombies)
Weapon of Choice: Signal Flare (2 Kills)

Epilogue:
The Heroes drove back to Fort Baxter shaken but determined their ordeal wouldn’t be in vain. If Dr Seavers was correct this could mean an end to the plague. Sam lay unconscious in the back of the Truck heavily wounded. Becky would have her work cut out patching him up when they got back. Victor was also badly wounded and stank to high heaven but wouldn’t let anyone treat him, much to their relief. The unlikely band had achieved the impossible; they had returned to the Zombie infested town of Woodinvale and lived to tell the tale. What the future held only time would tell…

Upon Reflection:
When you get to choose your characters and some Hero cards (6) you can really start to formulate a plan. I knew the Signal Flares were awesome and from the Airplane Hanger a Hero would have the full view and line of sight (LOS) of the Town Centre and Truck. My plan was to farm the Flare and protect the Truck from getting swarmed. That worked a treat because the Zombie player didn’t want to go anywhere near him as they knew how devastating the weapon is. I tooled up Victor to make him a Tank he gets an extra fight dice for each hand weapon. (so 4 fight dice in total) He had the Meat Cleaver (any 6 turns up out of the 4 dice then instant kill). He also had the Circular Saw. If you beat the Zombies roll by 2 or more it’s killed (even if no doubles were rolled). That being said Victor was still wounded twice. A Hero is never invincible. Sam was almost killed too but he had to soak up the punishment to allow him to seach. I’d hoped his Garden Shears would protect him a bit more but he only won 1 out of 4 fights. All three Hand Weapons chosen never normally break (unless the Zombies have a card). To summerise: Jake was lookout. Sam and Victor were my Bio-canister searching fighting tanks and the Sheriff I used to search for ST cards for the Sewers. They’re a God send for missions like this. If I would have been the Zombies I wouldn’t have used GWZs in this scenario. I would have gone for numbers and really choked up the buildings with the Bio-canisters in. I really enjoyed this scenario and I love this game. Thank you flying frog!

I hope you enjoyed the Report. Please leave a comment.
To see the next game report go here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...-as-Heroes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2015, 03:45 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2015 03:47 AM by ImtheTimelord.)
RE: LNoE Game Report 14B We've Got to Go Back! (me as Heroes)
What kind of paint did you use on your game pieces? They look amazing. Did you do them yourself or can people buy them painted from somewhere? I want to paint mine, but I have pretty shaky hands. Also, where did you get (/what were they made of) the truck, well, sewers, and canisters? They really seem to add to the game Watchmen02

"This can't be happening....AGAIN!!!"
06-08-2015, 04:43 PM
(06-04-2015 03:45 AM)ImtheTimelord Wrote:  What kind of paint did you use on your game pieces? They look amazing. Did you do them yourself or can people buy them painted from somewhere? I want to paint mine, but I have pretty shaky hands. Also, where did you get (/what were they made of) the truck, well, sewers, and canisters? They really seem to add to the game Watchmen02

Hi ImtheTimelord,
I use mainly Games Workshop's new range and Vallejo on metallics. Thanks for the positive feedback.
Yes I painted everything you can see in my Game Reports (Over 50 reports I think!).
The diecast Truck is from a company called Vangards it's a 1:43 scale Landrover.
The well and sewers are from a company called Urban Construct http://www.urbanconstruct.co.uk/index.php
The canisters are from Games Workshop they're plastic. Have a look on a popular auction site. I'm sure you'll find some.

BTW if you like painted Heroes or Zombies plus more have a look here. Hopefully it will give you some ideas.
Heroes http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/thu...p?album=25
Zombies http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/thu...p?album=26

Feedback or questions very welcome.
06-08-2015, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the links. It's really cool to see that there are so many miniatures out there to use to make custom characters. Ones that I really want to make playable characters are: Ash (from Evil Dead), Snake Plissken, Indiana Jones, Jack Burton, basically as many 80's movie characters as I can Watchmen02

"This can't be happening....AGAIN!!!"