Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNoE Game Report 15B It Fell From The Sky (Me as Heroes)
12-08-2012, 10:33 PM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2013 06:22 PM by samuraitrev.)
LNoE Game Report 15B It Fell From The Sky (Me as Heroes)
Hi there LNoE fans! This is one of my favorite scenarios. I didn't get any comments for my last 3 Game Reports and I've been sulking in my Tomb but I'm back for moreZombie17 Read on and enjoy!

Scenario Special Rules: Zombies Auto Spawn, Radioactive Grave Dead, Heroes Replenish, Hero Starting Cards (1).
Mission: The Heroes must destroy the Meteorite. (Wound it 12 times)
Board Sections (random): High School, Super Market, Graveyard and The Factory.
Characters (random): Jake Cartwright, Billy, Father Joseph and Sally.
Starting Zombies: 6
Turns: 16

RGD: Radioactive Grave Dead

Pregame
Jake is in the Police Station with a Fence Post. Father Joseph is in his Church with a Fire Axe and Sally is sucking a lollipop at School with a Chainsaw. Billy looks on enraptured.

Turn 1
Jake charges at the Meteorite using his Fence Post like a lance and causes 2 Damage to it.
Total damage = 2

Turn 2
Father Joseph takes 2 wounds praying with his Strength of Spirit ability to cancel Oh The Horror. Doc Broady arrives at the Church and fully heals the ailing holy man. The Antique shop is plunged into darkness with Lights Out. Sally is attacked but easily dismembers her assailant with her Chainsaw. Billy is not so fortunate and is wounded by a Glowing RGD Zombie. Jake damages the Meteorite another 2 times. The rest of the Heroes go to town on the Meteorite trying to damage it.

Total damage = 4

Turn 3
Jake gets his first wound from a RGD Zombie. They’re Coming From The High School. Billy’s Youth allows his wound to heal.

Turn 4
Jake is leapt upon by a RGD Zombie and an undead monk and killed. His screams ring out across town and the remaining survivors shudder with fear.

A new Hero arrives in town it’s Jenny with a Backpack. The Zombies had gained their 1st Advanced Ability Infectious. Billy finds some Gasoline and formulates a plan to destroy the Meteorite. Father Joseph Picks Up Faith in the Church. Jenny finds a Revolver. She fires it at the Meteorite and damages it.
Total damage = 5

Turn 5
Billy sprints to the Town Centre and places the Gasoline on the Meteorite. Jenny fires at the Gasoline canister and misses disastrously she also loses her Revolver. Jenny is wounded by a RGD Zombie in the Gym. This could mean the end of the Heroes chances…

Turn 6
Jenny amazingly manages to kill the RGD Zombie screaming Get Back You Devils, then she manages to fend off a further 3 attacks. Tough woman!

Billy is bitten and mumbles I Feel Kinda Strange. The RGD Zombie and the Zombie monk claim their 2nd victim. Billy dies fighting desperately. Sally’s frantic screams shatter the night air.

Billy arises once more as a Zombie Hero, a grotesque parody of life. His father Sheriff Anderson emerges from the Drug Store basement certain he recognized the most recent scream. He prayed he was wrong as he drew his Revolver. The Zombies had gained their 2nd Advanced Ability Swarm. Father Joseph finds a Shotgun and shouts to Sally "Catch my child". Sally makes a textbook Shotgun catch and fires it at the Gasoline canister BOOM!!!

The Meteorite takes a further 2 damage and begins to deteriorate. A RGD Zombie and a normal Zombie are killed in the blast. The Sheriff fires his Revolver at the Meteorite and damages it.
Total damage = 8

Turn 7
Sally is confronted by Zombified Billy and pauses momentarily above him as he feasted on a dead dog. She brought the whirling Chainsaw down across his neck and his gnashing head rolled in the gore soaked dust. She picked up the head to look into his eyes one last time. Suddenly the head sprang to life and she was Bitten badly on her cheek. Grabbing it by the hair she threw it at a wall with all the force of her being and the head exploded across the wall with a sickening crack! Father Joseph took a wound and managed to stop the bite becoming infectious. Sally had now gained her Advanced Ability Hunter. Jenny uses her Youth to heal. Sally drags what’s left of Billy into the Post Office. The Sheriff discards his Revolver.

Turn 8
The Super Market has lost all power and it’s Lights Out. Sally gives the Sheriff her Shotgun and he shoots the Meteorite damaging it. Sally finds a Flashlight in the Post Office.
Total damage = 9

Turn 9
More of the power starts to go down in Woodinvale as it’s Lights Out in the Drug Store. Sally kills a RGD Zombie with her Chainsaw and the corpse disintegrated into glowing green ooze. Jenny is wounded in the pitch black Super Market. Father Joseph finds another Shotgun which he took as a sure sign God was sending him weapons to defeat the evil around them. The Sheriff damages the Meteorite again with his Shotgun.
Total damage = 10

Turn 10
My God They’ve Taken The Gym. Sally makes another kill with her Chainsaw. She had become a killing machine. She then finds some Keys. Father Joseph barges in on the Sheriff and Sally just as they’re about to get it on. With all the Strength of his Spirit he yells,
Father Joseph: “I know This Could Be Our Last Night On Earth but there’s no need for us to turn into heathens. Besides you’re not even married. Now put some clothes on!”
Father Joseph is wounded for the intrusion as the Sheriff shoves him outside. The disgruntled holy man gives the Shotgun he found to Jenny. Jenny fires it at the Meteorite and a Zombie stood protectively in front of it. The Unstoppable Zombie remained stood with a fist sized hole straight through its torso. The blast further damages the Meteorite. Several glowing rocks had fallen away from the Meteorite revealing a crystalline core that slowly pulsated with an unnatural phosphoresce. The Sheriff aimed his Shotgun directly into the core and pulled the trigger. Two things happened in quick succession first a low boom emanated from within which shook all the land for miles around and second all the remaining Zombies began to fall to the ground and turning into sizzling pools of putrescence. The curse had been lifted.
Total damage = 12

Result: Hero Victory
Hero of the Game: Sheriff Anderson (Did 4 damage to the Meteorite and survived)
Weapon of Choice: Shotgun (Damaged the Meteorite 4 times)

Epilogue:
After countless bodies had been put to the torch the town began to rebuild. The old people of Woodinvale would forever keep a constant vigil and watch the skies lest another stone from beyond should once again fall upon the good clean earth. Unbeknownst to all; meteorologists in Sydney would spot an interstellar object on a direct collision course for earth exactly one year from now…

Upon Reflection:
Well the Heroes just kept pounding that damn rock for all they were worth. I expected casualties as the scenario relies on the Heroes just searching for weapons then hitting the meteorite with everything they’ve got. The problem with this is the Zombies keep coming and you have to choose between them and the Meteorite as you will know the victory conditions are paramount. If you can wound the Meteorite a few times before a Hero death then his sacrifice will be for the common good. The Zombies were relentless and killed 2 of my Heroes but I wouldn’t really change my attack plan if I played this scenario again. Gasoline works well too.Watchmen02 Although when Jenny missed the shot I really felt that it was game over. Lots of Zombies escaped a fiery death there!

I hope you enjoyed the Report. Please leave a comment.
To see the next game report go here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...-as-Heroes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2013, 05:34 PM
RE: LNoE Game Report 15B It Fell From The Sky (Me as Heroes)
Thanks Trev. Now thes RGD are back in stock this write-up helped me to get a view of the new scenario.
07-20-2013, 11:20 PM
I love your reports! Watchmen02
07-21-2013, 02:19 AM
Very nice man I love your pics and minis it's so engaging its nice to see the report. The posts around here have really died down.
07-21-2013, 08:17 AM
(07-21-2013 02:19 AM)alderdust Wrote:  The posts around here have really died down.

Ha ha - good one, given the zombie theme of the site Zombie03
07-21-2013, 06:12 PM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2013 06:24 PM by samuraitrev.)
(07-20-2013 05:34 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  Thanks Trev. Now thes RGD are back in stock this write-up helped me to get a view of the new scenario.

No worries I'm glad you found the report useful. I like to think that these write ups give readers a flavour for the scenario. Especially if people don't own the scenario and they're considering giving it a go. Yay for Radioactive Grave Dead being back in stock. All Hail The Great Frog!

(07-20-2013 11:20 PM)SirTommyKittens Wrote:  I love your reports! Watchmen02

Thanks for commenting it DOES inspire me to continue with the Game Reports.

(07-21-2013 02:19 AM)alderdust Wrote:  Very nice man I love your pics and minis it's so engaging its nice to see the report. The posts around here have really died down.

Thanks for the kind words. I love the game and sharing my work with those who appriciate it! I'm playing tonight so I'll make a report + I'm off for the 6 week school holidays soon. So I'll have much more time on my hands. Do you prefer these kind of close-up pics? Or the birds eye game over view type that I'd been doing?
07-22-2013, 12:14 AM
The close up pics are nice but there is nothin like a variety. I like them all. I look forward to seeing the next one.
07-22-2013, 11:21 PM
(07-22-2013 12:14 AM)alderdust Wrote:  The close up pics are nice but there is nothin like a variety. I like them all. I look forward to seeing the next one.

Cheers for the feedback!
07-24-2013, 11:43 AM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2013 11:47 AM by alderdust.)
(07-22-2013 11:21 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  
(07-22-2013 12:14 AM)alderdust Wrote:  The close up pics are nice but there is nothin like a variety. I like them all. I look forward to seeing the next one.

Cheers for the feedback!

Actually really thinking about it I like the close ups it gives nice detail of your painted minis. Haha maybe if your painting skills sucked I would prefer far out Watchmen02. By the way because of this game report if I ever encounter a zombie monk I will run like hell! Haha
07-24-2013, 11:55 AM
Looking at this particular zombie monk, I hear him singing in my mind: "Harrr, Harrr, Harrr Krschnk, Harrr, Harr, Harr Rrmm... "