Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNoE Game Report 16B Hunt For Survivors (me as Heroes)
12-18-2012, 11:01 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2013 07:52 PM by samuraitrev.)
LNoE Game Report 16B Hunt For Survivors (me as Heroes)
Hi there LNoE fans! This scenario comes with HP1 and is a nightmare. Hope you can take the time to read it.

Scenario Special Rules: Zombies Auto Spawn, Heroes Replenish, Hero Starting Cards (1), Number Counters.
Mission: The Heroes must get all the Townsfolk Survivors to the Truck.
Board Sections (random): Hospital, Graveyard, High School, and the Super Market.
Characters (random): Jenny, Sam, Johnny, and Becky.
Starting Zombies: 4
Turns: 16

AA = Advanced Ability
GWZ = Grave Weapon Zombie (The Zombies with the red bases in the photos)

Pregame Sam has the Truck Keys and a Fire Axe.

Turn 1
Sam: “I don’t care what it takes I’m getting my squad outta there!”
Johnny: (quietly to Jenny and Becky) “Wha? Did he just say his squad? Oh for f*%£s sake! I think he’s having another one of his turns…”
Sam: “Secure that crap private. Right here’s the plan we get in there before Charlie knows we’re there. Grab our men and get to the LZ for the EVAC.”
Becky: “Just nod and smile. Don’t upset him when he’s frothing at the mouth like that.”

Turn 2
Jenny becomes Overconfident trusting Sam’s military expertise. Just as a Bloated Body GWZ was about to attack Jenny in the Airplane Hanger; Mr. Hyde came running in and fought the Zombie to the ground.
Mr. Hyde: “Jenny, now’s your chance. Get out of here!”
Sam Searches for a Townsfolk in the High School and just finds dead bodies.
Sam: “DAMN YOU CHARLIE! YOU’LL PAY FOR THIS!”
Jenny Searches for Townsfolk in the Hanger but it’s empty. Mr. Hyde is overpowered by the GWZ. Jenny is badly wounded and her Overconfidence quickly vanishes. Johnny Searches for a Townsfolk in the Post Office and finds Coach Packer.
Johnny: “Is that you Coach? Wait- What are you doing in here?”
Coach: (Surprised) “Ahh... G-Good play there boy. It’s game time! I wasn’t reading people’s letters if that’s what you were thinking...”

Turn 3
Jenny goes Hysterical and starts screaming at the top of her lungs in the Hanger. Moments after, the aforementioned lungs are removed. Very, very gruesomely by the Bloated Body GWZ.

Her corpse rises again as a Zombie Hero. A new Hero arrives at the Town Centre; Stacy with some Dynamite and an Axe. The Zombies had gained their 1st AA: Swarm. Becky Searches for Townsfolk in the Police Station and finds...
T-Bone: “Hey! Get me out of here! The key’s on that dead cop dude.”
Becky: "Only if you tell me what you’re doing in there first."
T-Bone: “O.k. I was attacked by a gang and I put 8 of them in hospital.”
Becky: “Hmmm…Now how about we dabble with the truth.”
T-Bone: “Alright, Jeez. I got wasted and pissed in a call box. Now let me the hell out!”
Sam prises a Baseball Bat out of a corpse’s hand in the High School.

Turn 4
Becky: (Looking out of the Police Station window) “My God They’ve Taken The Hospital.”
Johnny is caught off his guard by a Zombie Surprise Attack and is wounded in the Super Market. Zombies start pouring from a New Spawning Pit in the Gym. Stacy is surrounded in the Hospital and is wounded by a Stench of Death GWZ. She is attacked again by a Recently Dead GWZ and manages to chop its head off with her Axe. Sam finds a Hunting Rifle in the High School and discards his Fire Axe to keep it. He fires it and uses every round to kill the Resilient Machete GWZ. He then discards the Rifle. Stacy Searches for a Townsfolk in the Hospital and is dismayed to find Zombie Hero Amanda! Stacy then gets a second wound from the Stench of Death GWZ. Stacy manages to wound Zombie Amanda with her Axe. Johnny rests and his Youth enables him to heal his wound. Becky finds some Rusty Keys.

Turn 5
Stacy is overwhelmed by 6 Zombies including Zombie Amanda and Zombie Jenny and mercilessly killed.

A new Hero arrives at the Town Centre; Victor with a Revolver. Now Johnny is attacked and wounded in the Super Market by several Zombies and manages to kill 2 of them as he goes into Heroes Rage. Sam gets his 1st wound in the High School. The Zombies had now got their 2nd AA: Ravenous. Becky uses her Rusty Keys to open a storage container and finds a Sledge Hammer and a First Aid Kit. Johnny made it into the Drug Store with Coach Packer but found him self tangled in the grip of a Barbed Wire GWZ. The Zombie delivered a fatal bite to him as the Coach helplessly looked on.

A new Hero arrives at the Town Centre; it’s Billy with a Flashlight and Pitchfork.
Billy: “Just What I needed a First Aid Kit”.
Billy charges into the Drug Store and kills the Barbed Wire GWZ as it greedily devoured what was left of Johnny. The Zombies had gained their 3rd AA: Infectious.

Turn 6
Victor amazingly kills a Bloated Body GWZ with his bare hands! Sam kills 2 Zombies with his Baseball Bat breaking it on the 2nd Zombie’s skull. Billy Searches for the last missing Townsfolk in the Drug Store but it’s all quiet. Victor takes aim with his Revolver and kills another Zombie. Becky gives her Sledge Hammer to Sam at the Town Centre as they defend the Truck. Becky then uses her abilities to heal Sam’s wound.

Turn 7
Sam smashes in the putrid skulls of Zombie Amanda and Zombie Jenny with his Sledge Hammer as they assault the Town Centre and Truck. One Zombie picks up Amanda’s brain and inspects it. Becky is also wounded in the fight.
Sam: “BILLY, COACH. GET TO THE CHOPPA!!!”
Becky: “I hope they make it soon. I Feel Kinda Strange…”

Billy desperately fights to escape the Drug Store but he’s wounded. He wraps the deep scratch with a bandage from his First Aid Kit and manages to kill another Zombie in hand to hand. Sam had gained his AA: Flashback. Sam takes a wound using Flashback he then gets a 2nd wound from an attacking Zombie. Victor runs out of ammo and discards his Revolver. Billy is wounded again in the Drug Store. The wound sends him into a Heroes Rage and he kills the Zombie.
Doc Broady: (emerging from a concealed hatch) “Hey Billy there isn’t much time. Here this should help. Now Go!”
The Doc disappeared into hiding after healing Billy’s wound.

Turn 8
Billy is wounded in the Drug Store by a Crawling Torso holding onto his ankle. A New Spawning Pit appeared in the Post Office. Becky is killed by the Bloated Body GWZ.

Result: Zombie Victory (4 Heroes killed)
Hero of the Game: Billy (Searched for 1 Townsfolk and rescuing Coach from the infested Drug Store + Killing 3 Zombies)
Weapon of Choice: Hand To Hand (6 Kills)

Epilogue:
Billy and the Coach made it to the Truck as the last rays of the sun descended. Sam floored the gas pedal and the Truck roared into life. As they left the town Sam looked in the rear view mirror and saw a running figure pursued by a herd of walkers. He screeched the Truck to a halt and slammed it into reverse.
Sam: “I’m not leaving another soldier to die in this hell. GET IN PRIVATE!”
Victor leapt in the back and the four of them disappeared over the rise of a hill to survive another day. The price had been too high. Four of the best now dead, to rescue one guy. The rest of the villagers had been swallowed up, literally. Sometimes being a ‘Hero’ left little to be proud of…

Upon Reflection:
What a game! Yeah I lost but when you have a game that close it doesn’t matter at all. The Zombies Auto Spawn is an absolute killer in any scenario. Zombies just kept coming from all angles and the last Townsfolk number counter was locked down like a death row prisoner. Jenny died Searching for them. Stacy was killed completely surrounded in the Hospital by They’re Taking The…Zombie23 Johnny died trying to get into the Drug Store. The GWZ were a real pain in the arse especially the Crawling Torsos who stop you from getting away from them. (That means having to fight them twice before you can move away). Also the Stench of Death guys walking around dropping 1 of your fight dice. Then there’s the Barbed Wire guys…You get the picture. The game was hell for the Heroes but a real challenge for a seasoned LNoE veteran. I’d take up the challenge again anytime. Billy was my last hope. He managed to bust into the heavily defended Drug Store rescue Coach. Search for the last Townsfolk and escape. If Becky would have lived one more turn we might have been out of there. CURSE YOU KINDA STRANGE!!!

See you next time! I hope you enjoyed the Report. Please leave a comment.
To see the next game report see here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...-as-Heroes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2012, 06:29 AM
RE: LNoE 16B Hunt For Survivors (me as Heroes)
Those pieces look badass!
12-20-2012, 07:57 PM
RE: LNoE 16B Hunt For Survivors (me as Heroes)
(12-20-2012 06:29 AM)jgiff86 Wrote:  Those pieces look badass!

Thanks for taking a look! It's great fun gaming with them after having painted them and in some cases customised figures. Have a look in the Game Reports section for more Zombie mashing mayhem here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Forum-Game-Reports