Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNoE Game Report 18B Hunker Down (me as Heroes) New format
01-20-2013, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2013 11:58 PM by samuraitrev.)
LNoE Game Report 18B Hunker Down (me as Heroes) New format
Hi and welcome to another Game Report. This Scenario is from the expansion Survival of the Fittest.

Scenario Special Rules: Grave Weapons, Zombies Auto-Spawn, Always Zombie Heroes, Taken Over- Choice (2), Survival Decks, Hero Card Pool (4), Barricades, Heroes Replenish.
Mission: The Heroes must Hunker Down in 2 Buildings for 4 Turns. (To Hunker Down the Heroes must occupy at least 2 Fully Barricaded buildings without Zombies in there.
Board Sections (random): Hospital, Gun Shop, Junkyard and the High School.
Characters (random): Mr Goddard, Father Joseph, Johnny and Kenny.
Starting Zombies: 7
Turns: 16

AA = Advanced Ability
GWZ = Grave Weapon Zombie (The Zombies with the red bases in the photos)

Pregame
Mr. Goddard is tooled up at the Town Centre with a full Backpack loaded with some Dynamite and his trusty Revolver. Father Joseph is also at the Town Centre with a Fire Extinguisher. Kenny is at the Town Centre completely unprepared expecting to be carried by the others. Johnny has some Gasoline and is in the Gym pumping some iron.

Turn 1
Father Joseph looked despondently down the deep well.
Father J: “I guess I’m just Haunted By The Past. This Zombie outbreak’s been going on for days now and every time we try to save people they end up getting killed. I’m tired Goddard. I’m so damn tired…”
Goddard: “Look Father, I’ve got this. Stick to the plan. I’ve been for supplies, they’re in my pack now, we find some safe places to hunker down and wait until help arrives. It’s our best hope.
Meanwhile in the Gym Johnny is attacked in the changing rooms. Johnny is wounded trying to force the Zombie in a locker. Mr. Goddard ran to the rescue and threw his Dynamite at a Zombie blocking the exit of the Gym but the damn thing was a dud and never went off! Kenny decided to RuuuuN as fast as he could and made it into the Airplane Hanger with Goddard. Mr. Goddard passed Kenny his Revolver. Kenny took aim and killed the Zombie at the door. Johnny’s Youth enabled him to heal his wound and feeling rejuvenated he decided to beat the crap out of the Zombie who’d attacked him. The Zombie’s rotten brains spilled all over the tiled Gym floor. (Natural double 6’s!). Father Joseph found the Hanger door Locked as cowardly Kenny had locked it after himself.

Turn 2
Kenny: “YEEEEEE!!! There’s something at the door.”
Goddard: “Shhhh! Stop getting Hysterical. It’s Joseph, you locked him out. Now start building we need to keep those things outta here!”
Kenny builds a Barricade in the Hanger and the dumbass manages to lose his Revolver in the process. Mr. Goddard builds another Barricade in the Hanger too.

Turn 3
Johnny charges out of the Gym and places his Gasoline on the Zombie Spawning Pit. He then returns to the Gym. Father Joseph uses his Fire Extinguisher to blast 2 Zombies on to the Gasoline. Mr. Goddard uses his Fire Item Ability to ignite the Gasoline. Vaporising 3 of the undead filth. KA-BOOM!!!

Turn 4
Father Joseph finds a Sledgehammer in the Hanger. Kenny finds a Monkey Wrench in the Hanger too. Johnny and Mr. Goddard both build a Barricade each in the Gym.
Goddard: “Come on put your back into it. This might actually work!”

Turn 5
Johnny puts up the last Barricade to Fully Barricade the Gym. Mr. Goddard puts a weight bench against the Barricade to Reinforce it. Cursed Kenny finds a Hunting Rifle but the dumbass manages to lose it. The Zombies had started to come out in force.
Kenny: “Th- th-they’re everywhere! Father, what are we going to do?”
Father: “I find praying helps, that and a good old fashioned sledgehammer.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2013, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2013 12:46 AM by samuraitrev.)
RE: LNoE Game Report 18B Hunker Down (me as Heroes) New format Hawkeye style pictures
Turn 6
Father Joseph is wounded by a Crawling Torso GWZ. He then takes a 2nd wound to use his Strength of Spirit to cancel Bitten. Father Joseph manages to kill the Crawling Torso GWZ.
Father Joseph: “Get Back You Devils
Kenny builds the last Barricade in the Hanger and the Building is now Fully Barricaded. The Heroes had Hunkered Down for 1 Turn.

Turn 7
Kenny starts to despair and decides the best action is to become a Loner. As he leans against a Barricade a Zombie bursts in and wounds him.
Goddard: “The Bank has a Stockpile of Guns in it. Kenny, get over there and bring supplies.”
Father Joseph is killed in the Hanger and rises again as a Zombie Hero. His sledgehammer had failed him every time. The Hanger had been lost. A New Hero arrives at the Town Centre, its Rachelle with her Revolver, Flashlight and a Circular Saw. She makes her way into The Bank. The Zombies were growing in number and had gained their AA: Swarm.

Turn 8
Johnny beats a Blood Spray GWZ to a pulp and the infected blood sprays into Mr. Goddard’s eyes and mouth. A Bloated Body GWZ attacked Mr. Goddard and wounded him. His 1st wound became infected (because of the blood spray) and Goddard became a Zombie Hero. A new Hero arrives at the Town Centre its Sally with nothing but a Lighter. Kenny is killed by a Sickle GWZ and he becomes a Zombie Hero. A new Hero arrives at the Town Centre its Jake Cartwright with a Torch. The Zombies had gained their 2nd AA: Ravenous. Things were becoming desperate.

Turn 9
Rachelle gives Sally her Revolver in The Bank. Sally then fires and kills the Sickle GWZ. Rachelle Picks Up the Hunting Rifle and gives Sally the Circular Saw. She fires the Rifle at a Zombie and kills it. Johnny tries to Blitz out of the Gym but gets body checked and killed. His anguished screams ring out across the chilly air. Darkness falls across the Zombie infested town of Woodinvale.

Result: Zombie Victory (4 Heroes Killed)
Hero of the Game: Mr. Goddard (2 Barricades built + 1 Reinforcement and killed 3 Zombies)
Weapon of Choice: Gasoline (3 kills)

Epilogue:
The remaining Heroes who had lately arrived in the town had realized that the town was lost. There was nowhere to hide so they attempted a last desperate escape plan. If only they could make it to that Truck…

Upon Reflection:
It was all going so well…I had 2 buildings Fully Barricaded all I had to do was wait it out. Unfortunately weaponless Heroes don’t fare very well against Zombies. In hindsight I should have had a couple of Heroes farming the Hero deck for weapons and the other 2 building Barricades. It didn’t help having Kenny lose every weapon given to him and having Goddard killed with 1 wound hurt as well. As soon as 1 Hero fell it became a domino effect and I quickly lost the 2 Barricaded buildings. I tried to start again in The Bank but it was too little to late. I’d like to play this scenario again because it’s definitely winnable I think you just need the right balance between building and Searching. Oh yeah and the Grave Weapon Zombies are real tough SOBs!

See you next time! If you're reading this let me know if you like/dislike the new format.
To see the next game report go here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...-as-Heroes
01-21-2013, 07:34 PM
RE: LNoE Game Report 18B Hunker Down (me as Heroes) New format Hawkeye style pictures
I like the instant pics for each turn makes the action/narrative
& the visuals flow together.

Nice Job.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
01-23-2013, 09:36 AM
I personally really like the new format.

These pictures give a better overview of the situation. Perhaps throw in one or two close-ups for special events and to show off some great minis Watchmen02 I also prefer these shorter texts, making the whole thing feel more accessible.

Great work!

"What is it about a zombie that appeals to me? I don't know. Maybe that it's just the most possible - I don't know - of all the supernatural entities."
- Scott Ian
01-23-2013, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2013 07:22 PM by samuraitrev.)
(01-21-2013 07:34 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  I like the instant pics for each turn makes the action/narrative
& the visuals flow together.

Nice Job.

OD

Thanks for taking a look OD. That's what I was hoping for.
(01-23-2013 09:36 AM)Sierra Wrote:  I personally really like the new format.

These pictures give a better overview of the situation. Perhaps throw in one or two close-ups for special events and to show off some great minis Watchmen02 I also prefer these shorter texts, making the whole thing feel more accessible.

Great work!

Thanks for the feedback. I will keep your advice in mind when writing up my next report. I hope you get the chance to take a look and tell me what you think.
01-23-2013, 08:03 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2013 08:06 PM by alderdust.)
Nice report. I havent had much use for barricades except this scenario. I noticed you used the 2 length barricade when you placed one. I must of been doing it wrong i thought you had to place a barricade on each space and the 2 length one was for when you run out of single barricades to place you could "trade" some out. Is there a rule i missed somewhere that allows you to place a long barricade instead of a short one?
by the way have you began playing timber peak much yet? Did you incorporate it in or are you keeping it seperate?
01-23-2013, 08:13 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2013 08:13 PM by samuraitrev.)
(01-23-2013 08:03 PM)alderdust Wrote:  Nice report. I havent had much use for barricades except this scenario. I noticed you used the 2 length barricade when you placed one. I must of been doing it wrong i thought you had to place a barricade on each space and the 2 length one was for when you run out of single barricades to place you could "trade" some out. Is there a rule i missed somewhere that allows you to place a long barricade instead of a short one?
by the way have you began playing timber peak much yet? Did you incorporate it in or are you keeping it seperate?

Thank you for taking a look alderdust. I own Timber Peak but I haven't played it yet. I'm going to play each TP scenario keeping it seperate. After that I will play each scenario again and then integrate it with everything else. Game reports will be provided plus any thoughts I have on the seperate or mixed playability.

SotF rule book p.6 (my emphasis)
'To build a BARRICADE, choose any wall that the Hero is touching and place a Barricade marker along the entire length of that wall (on the inside of the building).'

hope this helps
01-23-2013, 08:23 PM
It does thanks man that's why barricades seemed weak to me...I will have to rethink building one on my turn from now on. especially in a large building. Glad to hear you are going to do the reports for Timber Peak I have played 4 of the scenarios and have had alot of fun with the new experience system. The fire comes into play but not as much as you might think. The other thing is some of the zombie cards are straight NASTY!