Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNoE Game Report 19B Supply Run (me as Heroes)
01-24-2013, 12:11 AM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2013 05:21 PM by samuraitrev.)
LNoE Game Report 19B Supply Run (me as Heroes)
Hi and welcome to another Game Report. This Scenario is from the expansion Survival of the Fittest.

Scenario Special Rules: Grave Weapons, Zombies Auto-Spawn, Always Zombie Heroes, Survival Decks, Hero Card Pool (6), Barricades, Heroes Replenish, Manor Deck, Number Counters (1-6)
Mission: The Heroes must get 12 Supplies into the Manor House. Zombies win by killing 3 Heroes.
Board Sections (random): Graveyard, Hospital, High School and the Super Market.
Characters (random): Victor, Father Joseph, Stacy and Rachelle.
Starting Zombies: 7
Turns: 17

AA: = Advanced Ability
GWZ = Grave Weapon Zombie (The Zombies with the red bases in the photos)
ST: = Survival Tactics
UI: = Unique Items

Pregame
All Heroes Start in the Manor House. Victor has some Jumper Cables. Father Joseph has a Lighter. Stacy has a Shotgun and a Cigar. Rachelle has her Revolver and Flashlight.

Turn 1
Rachelle: “Now listen. You’re off the hook for now. You do what I say and I may be able to reduce your sentence”.
Victor: “Reduce my…? You’re one crazy bitch if you think any of that matters now. Your world’s a gonner copper.”
Father Joseph: “Give me STRENGTH! The Lord has put us together as equals! Let us draw strength from each other”.
Stacy: (Whilst scribbling away) “This is good stuff, keep talkin’”
Father Joseph is wounded using his Strength of Spirit to talk sense into the others, but he makes a Recovery. Although he’s then wounded by a sudden Zombie attack.
Father Joseph: “My God He’s a Zombie”.
Victor makes a run for the Airplane Hanger. Stacy kills the 1st Zombie with her Shotgun. Rachelle kills a Blood Spray GWZ with her Revolver. Stacy gets a ST: Ammo Belt.

Turn 2
After killing her 1st Zombie and capturing Victor; Rachelle feels Overconfident. Victor manages to find 2 Supplies in the Hanger and he picks 1 up. Stacy kills another Zombie with her Shotgun but loses 1/3 Ammo Tokens.

Turn 3
Father Joseph takes a 2nd wound in the Manor House. You’d think he’d learn!
Father Joseph: “My God He’s a Zombie
Rachelle is wounded in the Drug Store by a Crawling Torso GWZ. Victor picks up the 2nd Supply from the Hanger. Rachelle Picks Up a Recovery in the Drug Store and heals her wound. She then blows the Crawling Torso’s brains all over the floor with her Revolver. Stacy kills a Zombie in the Super Market with the Shotgun. She had now become a Zombie killing machine and gained her AA: Curiosity. Father Joseph makes a dash into the Drug Store.

Turn 4
Rachelle is wounded in the Drug Store by a Rusty Axe GWZ and she no longer feels Overconfident. Victor delivers 2 Supplies to the Manor House. Stacy takes down the Rusty Axe GWZ with the Shotgun. Rachelle Picks Up a Recovery from the Drug Store and heals her wound. Rachelle’s firing range practice had come in handy. She killed another Zombie with her Revolver and gained her AA: Manhunt. Father Joseph Picks Up Recovery from the Drug Store.

Supply Total: 2

Turn 5
Victor discards his Jumper Cables so he can travel light. Father Joseph heals 1 of his wounds with Recovery. Stacy finds 5 Supplies in the Super Market and she takes 1. Stacy kills another Zombie with her Shotgun but loads another 2/3 Ammo Tokens into her gun. Father Joseph finds 4 Supplies in the Drug Store and takes 1. Rachelle Picks Up Recovery from the Drug Store and a Supply token too.

Turn 6
Father Joseph heals a wound with Recovery. Victor kills a Machete wielding ZGW in H2H aided by Heroic Resolve. Rachelle is wounded in the Drug Store. Victor picks up a Supply from the Super Market. Stacy finds UI: Lizzy’s Shotgun in the Super Market and she takes a Supply. She kills a Zombie in the Super Market with her Shotgun and loses her final 3/3 Ammo Token. Rachelle picks up a Supply from the Drug Store and kills a Zombie with her Revolver. Father Joseph Searches and finds some Gasoline in the Drug Store and takes a Supply too.

Turn 7
The Lights are Out in the Gym. Victor Searches in the Super Market and finds a Revolver and he picks up a Supply. Rachelle becomes a Survivor. Stacy picks up the last Supply from the Super Market and kills a Zombie with her Shotgun. Unfortunately the Shotgun was discarded. Stacy COMBINES Lizzy’s Shotgun with her Cigar with ST: Duct Tape. Rachelle Picks Up Recovery from the Drug Store and uses it to heal her wound. Father Joseph gives her a Supply as he’s too tired to carry it. At that moment the heavens open to unleash Heavy Rain.

Turn 8
Rachelle kills a Rusty Axe GWZ with her Revolver. Father Joseph Searches the Drug Store and finds a hefty Shovel.

Turn 9
Victor makes a kill with his Revolver. Stacy delivers 3 Supplies to the Manor House. Rachelle COMBINES her Revolver and Flashlight using ST: Duct Tape.

Supply Total: 5

Turn 10
Father Joseph puts his 1 Supply in the Manor House and discards his Gasoline in there too. Rachelle delivers her 3 Supplies into the Manor House and kills a Zombie with her Revolver. Victor drops another 2 Supplies at the Manor House.

Supply Total: 11

Turn 11
Father Joseph puts Reinforcements on the Manor House Barricades.
Father Joseph: ST: “Barricades the Windows”.
Victor has to discard his Revolver as he was out of ammo. Rachelle makes a kill with Lizzy’s Shotgun.

Turn 12
The Zombies come from all angles and Stacy is wounded twice. Rachelle is no longer a Survivor. Stacy kills the Crawling Torso and Recently Dead GWZs with Lizzy’s Shotgun. Rachelle kills a Sickle GWZ with her Revolver. Victor Searches and finds a Baseball Bat in the Manor House. Father Joseph makes it into the Police Station.

Turn 13
Father Joseph is wounded in the Police Station but finds 6 Supplies in there. He then takes 1. Stacy is forced to discard Lizzy’s Shotgun/Cigar. Rachelle covers Joseph’s back and kills a Zombie in the Police Station with her Revolver.

Turn 14
Lights Out discarded in the Gym. Stacy is attacked and killed. She rises again as a Zombie Hero. A new Hero arrives in the Manor House, its Sheriff Anderson with his Revolver and a Hunting Rifle. The Zombies had tasted blood and were becoming AA: Ravenous. Victor kills a Pitchfork GWZ in the Manor House with his Baseball Bat and gains his AA: Ransack. A stray bullet from Rachelle’s Revolver hits an Explosive GWZ. The massive explosion vaporizes the Zombie and the blast wounds Father Joseph. The Sheriff just arrived in time and shoots the Gasoline in the Manor House with his Rifle causing another huge explosion. When the smoke cleared a Barbed Wire GWZ and the disco Zombie were in little pieces.

The Sheriff’s 2nd Rifle shot kills a Recently Dead GWZ.

Turn 15
The shell shocked Father Joseph goes Hysterical after the explosion. Victor decides he can trust his comrades,
Victor: “I was wrong to say I Don’t Trust ‘Em”. (discarded)
The Sheriff switches weapons and kills a Zombie with the Revolver. Father Joseph is attacked and killed, dropping the all important last Supply just outside the Manor House. He rises again as A Zombie Hero.

A new Hero arrives in the Manor House its Ash armed with a Shotgun and a disarming smile. He instantly jumps into action and wounds Zombie Joseph with his Shotgun. The Zombies had gained their 2nd AA: Infectious.

Turn 16
Coach Packer does a rain dance and cancels Heavy Rain. Rachelle picks up the Supply Joseph dropped when he was killed. Rachelle kills a Pitchfork GWZ with her Revolver in the Manor House. Ash wounds Zombie Joseph with his Shotgun again. The Sheriff puts Zombie Joseph to rest with his Rifle in the Manor House; his second shot kills a Stench of Death GWZ. The Rifle now has ST: Holy Blessing: Item on it. The Sheriff had gained his AA: Taking Back The Night.

Turn 17
Rachelle places the last Supply in the Manor House but gets wounded by Zombie Stacy. The Sheriff kills a Machete GWZ with his Rifle. Ash kills a Blood Spray GWZ with his Shotgun in the Manor House.

Supply Total: 12

Result: Hero Victory (12 Supplies collected)
Hero of the Game: Rachelle (4 Supplies returned and 10 Zombie kills)
Weapon of Choice: Revolver (11 kills)
Undead kill count: 30!

Epilogue:
With the last supply collected the Heroes frantically fought to reinforce the barricades finally keeping the Zombies out. An uneasy quiet descended as the Heroes took some much needed rest and slept fitfully. When morning comes the Heroes shall emerge once more and perhaps survive another day in Woodinvale.

Upon Reflection:
That could have been curtains for the Heroes at the end for the Heroes! Right down to the last turn. I got a bit cocky with Father Joseph and sent him into the Police Station on his own to get the last Supply and he was killed. It always throws me with the Always Zombie Hero special Rule as well because you get a strong Zombie slap bang in the middle of your best laid plans. My guns hardly ever let me down for once and the Survival Tactics cards helped massively as COMBINING Items with guns gives you a 4+ chance of keeping the weapon when forced to discard. I really enjoyed this atmospheric scenario and I recommend it.

See you next time! Please comment.

To see the next game report go here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...added-gore
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2013, 09:41 AM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2013 09:41 AM by Sierra.)
RE: LNoE Game Report 19B Supply Run (me as Heroes)
Great report, enjoyed it.

"What is it about a zombie that appeals to me? I don't know. Maybe that it's just the most possible - I don't know - of all the supernatural entities."
- Scott Ian
01-24-2013, 05:02 PM
Nice report I love reading these I am a fan of all the pictures...keep it up!
01-24-2013, 08:01 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2013 08:08 PM by samuraitrev.)
(01-24-2013 09:41 AM)Sierra Wrote:  Great report, enjoyed it.

Thank you for commenting Sierra.
(01-24-2013 05:02 PM)alderdust Wrote:  Nice report I love reading these I am a fan of all the pictures...keep it up!

Thank you alderdust, I'm glad you keep reading them.

Here's 3 short questions for anyone who can take a moment to answer.

1) I've tried to take a picture each turn so readers can really follow the game. In my next report I'm going to leave the dead Zombies on the ground for the photo. Is there too many photos?

2) Would you prefer the pictures to be smaller?

3) I've cut back on the story telling to focus on the game and not put off the reader with over wordy reports. Do you approve of the change.

Please add any other thoughts you may have. Thank you.
01-24-2013, 09:07 PM
RE: LNoE Game Report 19B Supply Run (me as Heroes) + 3 questions if you have a moment spare.
1) I like photos they help tell the story.
2) The pictures fit nicely on my screen I do not have to do any scrolling so I like the size and they load fast enough.
3) As long as you have pictures to help tell the story I see no reason to need all the wordy story telling.