Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNoE Game Report 1B Die Zombies, Die! (me as Heroes)
04-05-2012, 04:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2013 07:21 PM by samuraitrev.)
LNoE Game Report 1B Die Zombies, Die! (me as Heroes)
Hello and welcome to this game report. I've put a new section in called 'Upon Reflection' let me know what you think. Read on and enjoy!

Mission: The Heroes must kill 15 Zombies. The Zombies must kill 2 Heroes.
Board Sections: The Factory, Junkyard, Super Market and High School.
Characters: Father Joseph, Sam, Sheriff Anderson and Kenny.
Starting Zombies: 9
Turns: 15

PI = Play Immediately
RIP = Remains In Play
UI = Unique Item
ST = Survival Tactic
ZGW= Zombie Grave Weapon

Pregame
The Sheriff has his Revolver. Father Joseph and Sam have a can of Gasoline each.

Turn 1
Sheriff: "Everybody gather round, thank you. As you know my family has lived in this town for generations. That's a fact that isn't going to change today. We need to gather weapons. These things can be put down, just shoot them in the head or cave in their skulls. Me and Sam have been drawing up some plans and it seems we can do this. We've decided to put these gas cans around the perimeter and when they get close we're going to have a little BBQ. We're going to take back the town, one rotten son of a bitch at a time. Kenny, Sam let's move...Are you ok Father?"
Father Joseph is not himself he seems Haunted by the Past. Sam places his Gasoline next to the spawning pit on The Factory side of town. Father Joseph places his Gasoline on the Junkyard side of town.

Turn 2
The Sheriff fires at a Zombie with his Revolver.
Sheriff: "That one's for Billy, What the...?"
The thing just kept coming and the Sheriff had to empty his full clip into it before it was killed. The Resilient creature had cost him all his ammo and he had no choice but to discard his firearm.
Kill Count 1.

Turn 3
Kenny had been secretly thinking these old fools would get them all killed. He muttered to himself.
Kenny: "I don't care what they say, I Don't Trust 'em"
Father Joseph stands in the middle of town and shouts at the top of his voice,
Father Joseph: "Oh come to me ye wicked creatures of Satan! I will banish you to everlasting torment and Hell. I will not be sullied by your evilness. This may seem like Overconfidence I say nay! The Lord is my protector! Now get thee gone to Hell I say!"
A Zombie is drawn by the shouting and drags Father Joseph onto the ground and wounds him. Father Joseph loses his Overconfidence. The Sheriff Picks Up a Revolver.

Turn 4
Kenny was impressed by Father's speech and realizes he was wrong. He discards I Don't Trust 'em. The Sheriff finds himself caught in the middle of a group of hungry Zombies. He goes into a Hero's Rage and kills 1 of them but sustains 2 wounds.
Sheriff: "Aghhh No I can't fall here. I have to be strong for the others. I have to show them I'm a Survivor."
With a grimace of pain he pulls himself to his feet, bleeding badly. Although wounded Father Joseph's Faith is unshaken.
Kill Count 2.

Turn 5
Father Joseph sees for the first time the amount of death and devastation and begins to lose his Faith.
Kenny: "No It Can't Be Jenny, I've been after her since 1st grade and now she's a Zombie. Great! Just my luck. Why do girls always do that? They say no, or get lost dickface and now they're turning to Zombies too! What gives!?"
The Sheriff starts to beat down on Zombie Jenny, wounding her. Father Joseph goes down fighting 2 Zombies and is killed.

Sam is also having to fight off Zombies takes his 1st wound. The Zombies had gained their 1st Advanced Ability. The Outbreak had been far worse than the Heroes had realized... On the other side of town Kenny finds a Hunting Rifle and fires it a ZGW armed with a Sickle. It blew a fist sized exit wound out of the back of the Zombie's head killing it.
Kill Count 3

Turn 6
Kenny takes aim and fires at the Recently Dead GWZ who killed Father Joseph with the Hunting Rifle. The shot almost decapitates it and it's killed.
Kenny: "Rest in peace Father"
Kill Count 4

Turn 7
Kenny fires the Hunting Rifle at another Zombie and kills it. The gun is jammed and discarded. Sam is searching later and finds the same Hunting Rifle
Sam: "Just What I Needed. If I just strip this down (Click: Snap! shlllock!) Done it. No problem. Ok. Come on in. Ol' Painless is waitin'"
The Sheriff kills Zombie Jenny with his Revolver. The Heroes were turning into real survivors. Kenny had gained his Advanced Ability: Re-Stock and the Sheriff had gained his Taking Back The Night.
Kill Count 6

Turn 8
Kenny, now weaponless, is wounded. The Sheriff fires twice and kills a Rusty Axe ZGW and another Zombie. Things were looking better for the Heroes. Sam had to discard the Hunting Rifle as it was out of ammo.
Kill Count 8

Turn 9
Kenny's wound heals it seems his Youth helps to fight the infection. The Sheriff finds a Shovel, but his Revolver is out of ammo and discarded.

Turn 10
Sam: "Sheriff, it's me Sam reporting in. I've carried out a recon of the area. More Zombies are pouring from The Bank. I'm guessing there's a New Spawning Pit in there. Food's going to be a problem as all the power and lights are out in the Super Market and Post Office areas. Another thing we need to- AGHHHHHHH... Son of a-zzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
Sam gets a 2nd wound by a Zombie who had crept up to him. The Sheriff Picks Up a Revolver but it's broken and he discards it.

Turn 11
Sam is attacked again and gets a 3rd wound.
Sam: " Aghhh! This makes Cambodia look like Kansas. Gotta evac, that last bite's done me. I Feel Kinda Strange..."
The Sheriff kills a Bloated Body GWZ but loses his Survivor. Kenny finds a Baseball Bat and a Lighter. The Sheriff is disorientated due to his wounds and Picks Up the same broken Revolver and discards it.
Kill Count 9

Turn 12
Sam is close to blacking out as he's attacked by 2 GWZ's. He tried valiantly to fight them off but eventually falls overcome by his infection, wounds and weight of numbers. Sam is killed.

Result: Zombie Victory (2 Heroes killed)
Weapon of choice: Revolver (4 kills)
Hero of the game: Sheriff Anderson (killed 6 Zombies)
Final Kill Count 9

Epilogue:
The wounded Sheriff admitted defeat and his town was overrun by the Zombies. He never found his son and made for the outpost of Timber Peak to heal his wounds. Kenny refused to join him, blaming the Sheriff's poor leadership for the deaths of Father Joseph and Sam. Kenny barricaded himself in and lasted a few days until his food and water ran out. By the time he came out of shelter the Zombies had doubled in number. He tried to make a break for it but was surrounded and killed; another victim of the cursed town of Woodinvale.

Upon Reflection
Well my 1st Game Report as the Heroes didn't go so well! I must admit I wasted my 2 Gasoline cards. I tried to shoot at the 1st one and missed and I couldn't have shot the 2nd can at all. So it ended up being wasted. I tried to shoot it later and missed again. I was cursed by the dice Gods too! I ended up having to discard the Sheriff's Revolver 3 times in a row! (Turns 9-11). I found 6 ranged weapons in total and I thought that would be enough but unfortunately not. I didn't help that I lost Father Joseph so quick either.

I think the Zombies played well. Choosing to beef up the Zombies with Grave Weapons instead of going for large numbers with the full Zombie pool. This limited targets for my guns. I think there was the odd time I had no Zombies to shoot at. As you know with this scenario; every shot counts. I had a lot of fun playing this scenario and it's not as easy to win as I thought it might be. Maybe next timeWatchmen02

Hope you enjoyed this report. Please comment
To see the next game report go here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...-as-Heroes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2012, 06:05 PM
RE: Game Report 1B Die Zombies, Die! (With new section 'Upon Reflection')
I love reading these! Great Job! Once a hero dies do you grab another or try to win with just 3 survivors from then on?
04-05-2012, 06:14 PM
If the scenario has the rule: Heroes Replenish, this means each time a hero dies another takes it's place. Otherwise the correct would be to try to finish the sceneario with only 3 heroes.

Or use the balanced set of rules: Always Zombie Heroes vs Heroes Replenish.

With the rules Always Zombie Heroes, each time a hero is killed he turns into a zombie, even outside the dark phase of the sun tracker or without any infection cards.

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
04-05-2012, 06:56 PM
(04-05-2012 06:14 PM)j0hnnn Wrote:  If the scenario has the rule: Heroes Replenish, this means each time a hero dies another takes it's place. Otherwise the correct would be to try to finish the sceneario with only 3 heroes.

Or use the balanced set of rules: Always Zombie Heroes vs Heroes Replenish.

With the rules Always Zombie Heroes, each time a hero is killed he turns into a zombie, even outside the dark phase of the sun tracker or without any infection cards.

Got it! I guess we were always just replenishing without the scenario saying to do so....that makes more sense why the 5 games we played we went 3 wins for survivors and 2 for zombies. It would of been much harder without replenish!
04-06-2012, 12:17 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2012 12:32 PM by samuraitrev.)
If there's 2 players and a Hero dies, that's it, you don't get any new Heroes.
If there's 2 players and a Hero dies with the Heroes Replenish rule then you get a new Hero.
If there's more than 2 Hero players and a Hero character dies you get a new Hero. (This is to prevent a player sat on their own.)
If there's more than 2 Hero players and a Hero character dies with the Heroes Replenish rule then you get a new Hero.

Hope this helpsWatchmen02

Can any of you hunt for the film quotes in this report? There's 2 from the same film...
04-06-2012, 08:05 PM
(04-06-2012 12:17 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  If there's 2 players and a Hero dies, that's it, you don't get any new Heroes.
If there's 2 players and a Hero dies with the Heroes Replenish rule then you get a new Hero.
If there's more than 2 Hero players and a Hero character dies you get a new Hero. (This is to prevent a player sat on their own.)
If there's more than 2 Hero players and a Hero character dies with the Heroes Replenish rule then you get a new Hero.

Hope this helpsWatchmen02

Can any of you hunt for the film quotes in this report? There's 2 from the same film...

Oh ok I guess we were doing it right we had 4 survivor players so we were replenishing.
04-27-2012, 03:27 AM
As a loyal reader, I did read this one a while ago, just now finding time to punch up a reply.

Your (un)luck with the dice is VERY reminiscent of my experiences as a Hero player. The Revolver hates me, and every time I think i have a solid roll as a Hero, the ZP rolls a flipping 6 -OR- the ZP rolls a 3 and I can't manage to get higher on 2+ dice.... And it made me think: are my dice really rolling worse than average, or is it just my perception as a Hero player because the repercussions of losing are weighted more for the Hero?

Scanning the stats, 4 zombies killed with the revolver and Sheriff Anderson killed 6 zombies. To me that says 4 rolls with the revolver of 4+, and at least two fights where he was probably rolling multiple dice, lets say 3 per fight. Factor in the dice rolls for movement (assuming 11 - one per round) and the three where the revolver was discarded, and you have a total of 24 rolls minimum for the sheriff alone. Based on that number, you should have rolled an average of four 1s, just sucks that the majority of them were for the revolver.

I guess this is my very long way of saying that a lot of frickin dice are rolled - for both sides, in a single round. It just seems that the poor rolls are more memorable on the Hero side than the Zombie side...
04-27-2012, 07:33 AM
Talking about crappy luck with dice rolls: The signal flare is unbelievably unlucky for me. I swear I have fired it 8 times, and 6 times I have rolled a "1".
04-27-2012, 05:23 PM
(04-27-2012 03:27 AM)munkymuddface Wrote:  As a loyal reader, I did read this one a while ago, just now finding time to punch up a reply.

Your (un)luck with the dice is VERY reminiscent of my experiences as a Hero player. The Revolver hates me, and every time I think i have a solid roll as a Hero, the ZP rolls a flipping 6 -OR- the ZP rolls a 3 and I can't manage to get higher on 2+ dice.... And it made me think: are my dice really rolling worse than average, or is it just my perception as a Hero player because the repercussions of losing are weighted more for the Hero?

Scanning the stats, 4 zombies killed with the revolver and Sheriff Anderson killed 6 zombies. To me that says 4 rolls with the revolver of 4+, and at least two fights where he was probably rolling multiple dice, lets say 3 per fight. Factor in the dice rolls for movement (assuming 11 - one per round) and the three where the revolver was discarded, and you have a total of 24 rolls minimum for the sheriff alone. Based on that number, you should have rolled an average of four 1s, just sucks that the majority of them were for the revolver.

I guess this is my very long way of saying that a lot of frickin dice are rolled - for both sides, in a single round. It just seems that the poor rolls are more memorable on the Hero side than the Zombie side...

Great analysis munkymuddface. The only thing better than the taste of rotten flesh in the morning is to sit down and read a thorough stat summary of a LNOE session.

And the session report itself. Awesome work samuraitrev. I felt the fear, man. Like when a swarm of my kind come creeping up on those sore bastards.

Excellent. Gotta browse some more session reports in the depths of this horrific place! Watchmen01

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-27-2012, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the stats munky yeah you do seem to remember the freakin' 1s more than anything else (must stay positive!)

Cheers scarydk I thanks for checking out the reports I should have the next one ready this weekend stay tunedWatchmen02