Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNoE Game Report 20 Hunker Down (me as Zombies)
04-04-2012, 02:47 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2013 07:18 PM by samuraitrev.)
LNoE Game Report 20 Hunker Down (me as Zombies)
Hello and welcome to another game report. This scenario is from the expansion Survival of the Fittest.

Scenario Special Rules: Grave Weapons, Zombies Auto Spawn, Always Zombie Heroes, Taken Over - Choice (2), Survival Decks, Hero Card Pool (4), Barricades, Heroes Replenish.
Mission: The Heroes must be in at least 2 Fully Barricaded buildings without any Zombies in there for 4 turns throughout the game.
Board Sections: The Barn, Super Market, Graveyard and Junkyard.
Characters: Billy, Sally, Sam and Kenny.
Starting Zombies: 7
Turns: 16

Pregame
This hastily scrawled witness account was found in the town of Woodinvale by the US army clearing out that sector in the wake of the strange epidemic. It is a first hand report of a survivor at ground zero. We have also retrieved CCTV pictures and placed them in context. This report is Classified.

6:45am Wednesday 23rd April
My name is William Anderson, most people call me Billy. I have started writing this in the hope of understanding what the hell's going on. It all began 2 days ago. People were dying all over town but that wasn't the worst part. Several minutes after death they were getting up and attacking people. The best way I can describe them are Zombies, which don't exist, but there you go. I tried to get help at the Police Station and food from the Super Market but those places have been Taken Over by the Zombies. I'm guessing my dad's dead; I can't deal with that now. I've got my Lighter and some Dynamite and I'm not afraid to use it. I'll blow up this entire town if I have to. There are 3 other survivors with me here at the Town Centre. My girl Sally, she's got a Meat Cleaver. There's some weird geek called Kenny who used to work in the Super Market and some big cook called Sam, I think. He's just walking around with a blood splattered Baseball Bat. Sam says he has a Stockpile of Guns in The Barn.

Entry 1 6:50am
Me, Sally and Sam have made it into The Bank. There's money all over the place. It's the last thing anyone needs right now. Gimmie a gun or some food any day. Sam says we should start ripping up benches and Barricading ourselves in. The guy just rips 'em from the floor. Jeez I wouldn't wanna fight him. He's got a big tattoo on his arm. I think it's an army one.

Entry 2 7:45am
I can see outside the Zombies have poured into The Post Office and Taken Over it. Guess I'm not going to get my parcel with an Uzi in it. I have to keep writing this, I think I'll go mad if I don't. We've found another survivor here in The Bank she's Called Lizzy she says she will watch the West door and she's armed. We've managed to fully Barricade ourselves in. Sam took my Dynamite and Lighter I didn't really have much of a say. He gave me his Baseball Bat and is telling me 'Nam stories as the Zombies are scratch at the walls. This is so surreal.

Entry 3 7:55am
As the screams and moans get louder Sam has become more introverted the guy seems a Loner. Sally has found some papers in here labeled Doc Broady's Memoirs. I can't see how they'll help. She is reading them with Sam and he seems to have snapped out of this Loner mentality. They are still in The Bank with Kenny and Lizzy. I've left to get supplies. I must be crazy.

Entry 4 8:05am
My God this is madness. The Zombies have broken into The Bank. Sally managed to chop a protruding head off with the Meat Cleaver. There was blood everywhere and these things stink so bad it's unreal. The worst part is I recognise most of their rotten faces. Sam held a Zombie down while Lizzy blew its head off. He's wounded as a Zombie stabbed him with a Pitchfork. I didn't realize some of 'em can use weapons!
8:10am
Sam left us! He ran out and threw his Dynamite at a Zombie with a Bloated Body. The thing exploded into a stinking red mist. Sally found a Hunting Rifle and passed it to me. Me and dad spent weekends shooting. Must stop thinking about that. I've got Sally to worry about. Kenny keeps watching her. I will keep an eye on him. I checked the Rifle and fired it at the Zombie with the Pitchfork and blew its God damn head off. Good, these things can be stopped. We're all still in The Bank except Sam. I hope he's coming back.

Entry 5 9:30
Things have been quiet for a while. I think Sam may have drawn them off. I hope he's ok. One thing I've noticed about the Zombies is They're Coming From the Drug Store. I can only guess the dead were being piled there. The heavens have opened up; I've never seen Heavy Rain like this. All of a sudden Kenny screamed My God She's a Zombie and pushed Lizzy into the vault. We didn't realize she'd been bitten and we can hear her screaming in there. She's gone now. A lone Zombie has broken through and Kenny manages to kill it but wounds himself doing it. He manages to heal, it seems Youth helps prevent infection. There's a hatch to the roof. I can see Sam, he's still alive! He is walking through a Cornfield, like in Gladiator. The guy's nuts but I like him.

Entry 6 10:10am
Kenny killed another Zombie in The Bank and wounded himself again. He has the Ability to kill them but always seems to wound himself in the process. Kenny heals again; thank God he's got Youth on his side. My Rifle's out of ammo, so I've had to ditch it. Sally is gone. She ran out when I told her about Sam, I couldn't stop her. If she's killed I'll never forgive myself. I gave her one of dad's walkie talkies, so we can stay in touch. She says Sam is fine and she's given him her Meat Cleaver plus the Memoirs. He gave her his Lighter. What the hell's he thinking? How's she meant to protect herself? They're both in the Cornfield.

Entry 7 10:20am While I was up here 2 Zombies Burst into The Bank and got Kenny he screamed for me to open the hatch but I couldn't.

I'm not a Hero, I just need to survive. I've just peeked through the hatch, Kenny is a Zombie now... I hate myself. Kenny's Hero's Sacrifice has cleared the Post Office and the Super Market. Those places are not Taken Over anymore. The noise must have drawn them out. Wait a second...There's a girl at the Town Centre in a prom dress with a Shotgun I recognise her from high school, it's Amanda. I want to shout out but that would bring more Zombies. I can see Sam in the Cornfield. He just killed a Zombie with a Machete the man's a machine! He's clearly having 'Nam Flashbacks and he's going to town on these dead freaks. I can smell the Zombies from up here; I can't believe Kenny turned so quick. It's clear they're getting more Infectious.
10:25am
Amanda's just had her Shotgun wrenched off her by a Zombie. Guess she's dead meat soon...I feel a little bit dead inside myself after leaving Kenny. I had him wrong he was a Hero. Sally just told me Sam's been wounded again by half a Zombie! There was a Crawling Torso in the Cornfield. These things live on after being blown in half! Sally says it's wrapped around his ankle, biting and won't let go. Sam managed to kill another Zombie with his Meat Cleaver.

Entry 8 10:30am
Kenny has taken on the Stench of Death the smell is overwhelming. It broke through the hatch and I managed to wound it kicking the stinking thing back down the ladder. I think its back's broken. It still keeps coming, wailing terribly. Sally tells me Sam is wounded again by the Crawling Torso and she's wounded too. I feel so powerless. Maybe it would be better if I was dead too...The Zombies know I'm here. It is just a matter of time.
10:35am
Sally's just been in touch. Sam killed the Crawling Torso wrapped around his ankle, but another Zombie wrestled him to the ground and now Sam's dead...

Sally is hiding in the Cornfield. She says Sam is getting up; he's now a Zombie... I can see another old class mate at the Town Centre it's Jenny. She's got some Jumper Cables. I hope she makes it out of here the Zombies are starting to Swarm.

Entry 9 11:05
A Zombie managed to get up here. I think I must have dozed off for a second, I'm exhausted. I tried to cave it's head in and my Baseball Bat broke in half on it's skull, so it's useless. The thing managed to wound me with a bite to my wrist. I'm in agony, please someone help me! I've just seen Amanda outside limping with a Twisted Ankle. I hope it's not a bite, I wonder if I'm now infected. I can't get through to Sally, I fear the worst...

Entry 10 11:10am
My God They've Taken the Junkyard, they're everywhere! Great news I've just heard Sally scream down the walkie talkie I've Got To Get To The Bank. She's alive! I looked over from the roof of The Bank screaming her name. I didn't care about the Zombies and she stopped to look my way. At that moment Sam's walking corpse Shambled into her and dragged her to the ground. It killed her bellowing Urghhhhhh. I tried to protect her and I failed.

I can't think about that now. The impossible has happened, dad's alive! I can see him at the Town Centre and he's got 2 Revolvers. He must have brought 1 for me. I'm getting out of here. I'm going to leave this journal and never think of this place again. I couldn't help Sally, I asked her not to go. None of this is my fault. Wait Amanda's here in The Bank and she's just been wounded. I have to help her; my dad can't see me being a coward. I only pray this Zombie Outbreak isn't worldwide.

7:45pm
Well what can I say? I went down and saved Amanda in The Bank and we came back on the roof and spent most of the day here. You know how she thanked me? She gave me food, some beer then tore off my pants whispering This Could Be Our Last Night On Earth. I've never been with a girl like her before, she was wild. This whole end of the world thing has just changed people and not always for the worst. Anyway we best move soon it's getting dark, maybe one more beer and a kiss... I hope dad's ok.

Entry 11 8:05pm
I've just noticed a Swarm in the Farmhouse, better there than here. I don't care anymore, come on Zombies, Let's Rock! I've just seen dad take out a Zombie with the Revolver and he's seen me up here. Time to leave this dump. It's getting dark.

Entry 12 8:10pm
Downstairs in The Bank lobby it's full of Zombies and there's no way out. Sally died because I wasn't strong enough to make her stay here. Kenny died because I didn't dare open the hatch. I'm not having another death on my hands. Dad if you read this you may consider this an Unnecessary Self Sacrifice but didn't you always say the greatest thing a man can do is lay down his life to save another. You called it the ultimate act of Heroism. I am Billy Anderson, I love you dad and I never blamed you for what happened to mum, I was just hurting inside. I wanted you to know that. Goodbye.

Result: Zombie Victory (4 Heroes Killed)
Weapon of choice: Meat Cleaver (4 kills)
Hero of the game: Sam (Built 1 Barricade and killed 5 Zombies)

Hope you enjoyed this report. Please comment
To see the next game report go here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...as-Zombies
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2012, 03:26 PM
RE: Game Report 20 Hunker Down (New Style)
Hi, one of my favs.

It so sad what happened to Sally. I always thought she was the Luckiest of them all.

I like the report very much. I like how you made it a kewl story. Im worried about Amanda. Billy had her in life, and might have her agian in death. i wonder if Billy's dad will have the courage to kill his son.

Awesome fun stuff there.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
04-04-2012, 05:49 PM
I like the new journal format, but kinda miss all of the dialog that used to happen before. Great story this time; that sounds like a pretty rough last night on earth for the heroes.
04-04-2012, 06:26 PM
(04-04-2012 05:49 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  I like the new journal format, but kinda miss all of the dialog that used to happen before. Great story this time; that sounds like a pretty rough "last night on earth" for the heroes.

It was Billy's first time, so Amanda was understanding.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
04-04-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm glad you both liked the story. In my next report, up now, GR21 (phew!) I've just concentrated on the in game events. I'm not going to stick to one particular style. I will change them around to suit the scenario and game events. Yes VL the Heroes got pretty mauled in this game. I also like to use dialogue too but I am aware I may lose readers when they see the volume and go "Nope, too much!"
04-04-2012, 07:11 PM
Great stuff samuraitrev I'm used to give a glance to your game reports... your other style suits the narrative better... but this one doesn't look bad at all...
still i'd preffer your old style.

=D

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
04-04-2012, 07:34 PM
(04-04-2012 07:11 PM)j0hnnn Wrote:  Great stuff samuraitrev I'm used to give a glance to your game reports... your other style suits the narrative better... but this one doesn't look bad at all...
still i'd preffer your old style.

=D

Thanks for the feedback JohnWatchmen02
04-06-2012, 02:12 AM
Nice report as always. I did enjoy the first person perspective and the way you tied in all of the Events that occurred throughout the game. I think it would be interesting if you ended up with a first person account from each Hero. tho, that would be quite a task to write in 17 different voices (including Ash in there Zombie03).
04-06-2012, 12:29 PM
(04-06-2012 02:12 AM)munkymuddface Wrote:  Nice report as always. I did enjoy the first person perspective and the way you tied in all of the Events that occurred throughout the game. I think it would be interesting if you ended up with a first person account from each Hero. tho, that would be quite a task to write in 17 different voices (including Ash in there Zombie03).

Haha thanks munky, it's hard enough with more than 1 voice! I like the fact you always read and comment on these reports. Thank you.
04-06-2012, 08:59 PM
Nice report reads like a book. Zombie20