Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNoE Game Report 20B Rescue Mission (me as Heroes).
01-28-2013, 07:16 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2013 01:53 AM by samuraitrev.)
LNoE Game Report 20B Rescue Mission (me as Heroes).
Hi and welcome to another Game Report. This Scenario is from the expansion Survival of the Fittest. As most of you know I’m writing this with a broken ankle. I would like to thank my wife for taking the photos for this report.

Scenario Special Rules: Grave Weapons, Zombies Auto-Spawn, Always Zombie Heroes, Survival Decks, Hero Card Pool (6), Barricades, Heroes Replenish, Townsfolk Allies (4)
Mission: The Heroes must get 3 of the Townsfolk Allies into the Safe House and the Safe House has to be Zombie free. The Zombies need to kill 2 Townsfolk or fill every space of the Safe House with no Heroes in there.
Board Sections (random): The Barn, Super Market, Hospital and the Junkyard.
Characters (random): Kenny, Sheriff Anderson, Ash and Jade.
Starting Zombies: 5
Turns: 15

AA: = Advanced Ability
GWZ = Grave Weapon Zombie (The Zombies with the red bases in the photos)
H2H = Hand to hand
ST: = Survival Tactics

Pregame
All the Heroes start in the Fully Barricaded Safe House (Gas Station). The Sheriff has his Revolver and a Backpack. Kenny has some Dynamite, Lighter and a Fence Post. Ash has his Shotgun. Jade has a Meat Cleaver. The Townsfolk Allies (T-Bone, Lizzy, Jeb and Doc Broady) are in a Fully Barricaded and Fully Reinforced building across town (Post Office).

Turn 1
Kenny: “This is crazy! We’re all gonna die. How do we even know they’re alive over there?”
Sheriff: “Pull yourself together kid. If you want to make it through today you do exactly as I say. I want you and Jade to stay put and make sure none of those things break through. Me and Ash are going over there.”
Ash: “Hey if you hear a creepy voice saying "join us". Take my advice, stay the hell indoors!”
Kenny: “My God They’ve Taken the Barn. Hurry!"
Kenny and Jade immediately start Bickering. Ash fires at the 1st Zombie he sees and his Shotgun falls apart and he discards it.
Ash: “I guess time travel's not good for the old boomstick…”
The Sheriff shoots his Revolver at a naked Zombie in the head killing it.

Turn 2
A punk Zombie smashes its way through the Barricade and Jade hacks the top of its head off with her Cleaver. Kenny pushes a washing machine up against the wall to Reinforce it. Then uses the Lighter on his Dynamite and throws it at a Zombie in the Junkyard and kills it. The Sheriff makes another well trained head shot with his Revolver and kills a Stench of Death ZGW.

Turn 3
Sheriff: “This Can’t be Happening, They’re Everywhere.”
Kenny Searches the Gas Station and finds a Chainsaw. He hands it straight to Jade. He then uses his Fence Post and crushes the skull of a Zombie who’d broke through the Barricades. Jade jumps into action and shouts,
Jade: ST: “Barricade The Windows”.
Four Reinforcements are put on the Gas Station Barricades. The Sheriff makes a 3rd kill with his Revolver straight through the grill on the Zombie’s football helmet... He’d now gained his AA:
Sheriff: “Now we’re Taking Back The Night”.

Turn 4
Jade: “I need to help those guys. Let’s Split Up”.
Jade makes it towards the door but finds it Locked. She takes her 1st wound struggling with the door, and sprains her wrist. The Sheriff gets into the Townsfolk Barricaded building and pushes the three Reinforcements aside. The Sheriff goes in and grabs the 1st Townsfolk Ally. It’s Jeb. With tears in the Sheriff’s eyes he kills 2 Zombie children with his Revolver. This allows Ash to run past the horde and grab Doc Broady. Lizzy throws a rock from the roof and kills a naked Zombie.
Lizzy: “No decency. In my day Zombies were far better dressed!”

Turn 5
Jade: “They locked the door! I don’t Trust ‘Em”.
A Zombie smashes down Reinforcement on the west wall of the Gas Station. The Sheriff manages to kill a Recently Dead GWZ in H2H by stamping on its skull. Kenny uses his Fence Post to great effect to pulverize another Zombie Skull. The Sheriff makes a run for it with Jeb and they hide in the Corn Field. Ash finds some Jumper Cables in the Post Office. Jade hacks out another Zombie brain with the Cleaver. Kenny had gained his AA: Re-Stock. Jade gains ST: Holy Blessing: Hero.

Turn 6
The Sheriff gets Jeb the 1st Townsfolk Ally safely into the Safe House. Jeb then pushes a Reinforcement against the southern Gas Station wall.

Turn 7
Jade scoops out another brain with the Cleaver. She’d now gained her AA: Outsider. The Zombies smash down both of the Reinforcements on the South and the 1 remaining on the north of the Gas Station wall. The Sheriff kills the Machete and a Sickle wielding GWZs with his Revolver. Kenny has made it into the Airplane Hanger and he goes berserk killing 3 Zombies with the Fence Post. Jade’s Youth enables her to heal her wound. Ash had finally escaped the Post Office with Doc Broady, all thanks to Kenny!

Turn 8
Ash is attacked but manages to kill both Zombies in H2H. The Sheriff finds a Hedge Trimmer in the Gas Station. He then fires at the punk Zombie who’d broken through the Barricade and kills it with his Revolver. Unfortunately he had to discard his Revolver due to the Zombie being Resilient. Doc Broady throws a glass jar of sulfuric acid at a Crawling Torso GWZ and kills it. Kenny makes it into the Townsfolk building and rescues Lizzy.

Turn 9
Jade: “I’ve Got To Get To The Barn”.
Sheriff: “Whatever it is; forget about it!”
Jade kills a Crawling Torso ZGW with her Cleaver (with natural double 6’s). The Sheriff is a Man of Action and gets a Revolver he shoots it to kill the Rusty Axe GWZ. Kenny kills a Stench of Death GWZ with the Fence Post. Ash gets to the Gas Station to find a Locked Door.
Ash: “For God’s sake, open the damn door!”

Turn 10
Lights Out in the Gas Station. The Sheriff loses his Revolver in the darkness. Jade finds a Flashlight in the Gas Station. Ash and the 2nd Townsfolk Doc Broady make it into the Safe House. Jeb builds a Barricade on the south Gas Station wall. Kenny is almost there…
All: “Runnnnnnn!!!”

Turn 11
A Zombie smashes down a Reinforcement on the southern wall of the Gas Station and after a Bloated Body GWZ gets through the Barricade only to be decapitated by Jade’s Cleaver. The Sheriff gains ST: Holy Blessing: Hero. Doc Broady uses a cranial saw on a Pitchfork GWZ and kills it. Kenny makes it into the Safe House with the 3rd Townsfolk Ally, Lizzy.

Result: Hero Victory (3 Townsfolk Allies rescued)
Hero of the Game: Sheriff Anderson (1 Townsfolk Ally rescued and 10 Zombie kills)
Weapon of Choice: Revolver (9 kills)
Undead kill count: 24

Epilogue:
Sheriff: “Lock the doors! Everyone come with me, into the basement. Jade, give me that flashlight I can’t see a thing”.
Lizzy: “What about that T-Boy fella?”
Sheriff: “He’ll be alright. It’s getting dark now, everyone hurry!”
Everyone rushes into the basement and the Sheriff bolts the steel door.
Sheriff: “We have provisions down here to last us a good while. We hand tight until they send a rescue party from Bridestown. Everyone get some rest, I’ll take first watch…”
Meanwhile
T-Bone: “Helllloooooooo! Is anyone there? Okay I’ll just wait here then it’s not as if it’s dangerous or any- CRASHHHH!!!

Upon Reflection:
Jade with a Meat Cleaver and Chainsaw causes a world of Zombie hurt! The Sheriff once he gets his AA is very handy too, being able to fire twice! I decided to split my forces which can sometimes be a risky tactic but I needed the Safe House to be free of Zombies plus the Zombies can win just by crowding in the building. I think the Zombie player should have concentrated on killing the Townsfolk straight away or tried to take the Safe House instead of attempting both. I have a new respect for the Fence Post and a begrudging respect for Kenny he saved the day clearing the way for Ash and then getting Lizzy back safely. Most of all is a ST card called Go For The Head.

From the card text:
‘Any Zombie beaten in a Fight where the Hero rolled at least one 6 is Killed, even if no doubles were rolled'

This gave me lots of kills with H2H and the Fence Post I wouldn’t have had otherwise. There are some damn good cards in that Survival Deck and I recommend using them in the fight against the undead.

Coming next Timber Peak Game Reports! See you next time! Please comment.
To see the 1st Timber Peak Game Report go here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...To-Survive
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2013, 07:59 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2013 08:10 PM by vikinglad.)
RE: LNoE Game Report 20B Rescue Mission (me as Heroes). New and improved with added gore!
Quote:Ash fires at the 1st Zombie he sees and his Shotgun falls apart and he discards it.

This seems to be Ash's favorite opening move whenever I play him too! Cool report. I like the added gore. How did you do it? I have this scenario, but haven't tried it yet. It looks like a lot of fun.

(01-28-2013 07:39 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Thanks vikinglad. I used your Ash character in the latest game report http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...added-gore I had a great time using him! Maybe if you comment you could leave a link to your Ash character card?

Good idea. I am very proud to say that the custom Ash character featured in SamuraiTrev's games was created by me; the only custom I have made so far. He seems to play very well. If you are interested, you can find the card in my gallery here: Vikinglad's Ash Custom Character Card
[Image: normal_Ash_Williams_Hero.jpg]
01-28-2013, 08:09 PM
RE: LNoE Game Report 20B Rescue Mission (me as Heroes). New and improved with added gore!
(01-28-2013 07:59 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  
Quote:Ash fires at the 1st Zombie he sees and his Shotgun falls apart and he discards it.

This seems to be Ash's favorite opening move whenever I play him too! Cool report. I like the added gore. How did you do it? I have this scenario, but haven't tried it yet. It looks like a lot of fun.

What share my secrets? Just kidding. I use a programme called Microsoft Photo Premium 10 it allows you to go into Effects and then Freehand Painting. What, you thought I just used a paint brush to paint? Zombie03 Thanks a lot for taking a look and I'm glad you like the tweeks! It's a great scenario!
01-28-2013, 08:12 PM
I thought you probably broke out your paints after every death and carefully painted some gore onto your boards. Watchmen02
01-28-2013, 08:30 PM
Nice one I have actually never "randomly" played this scenario seems like a good one though
01-28-2013, 08:47 PM
RE: LNoE Game Report 20B Rescue Mission (me as Heroes). New and improved with added g
(01-28-2013 08:30 PM)alderdust Wrote:  Nice one I have actually never "randomly" played this scenario seems like a good one though

Yeah it was great fun. Plus I got to use my painted Townsfolk. Do you prefer the use of Zombie bodies. It was my hope that it would be clearer to follow the action. The blood is like a highlighter to the dead Zombies plus I hope it adds to the realism.
01-28-2013, 09:21 PM
Great report! I like the detail of the added blood.

"What is it about a zombie that appeals to me? I don't know. Maybe that it's just the most possible - I don't know - of all the supernatural entities."
- Scott Ian
01-28-2013, 09:52 PM
Blood was nice and it was cool to see just where that zombie died. I would say it gets crowded easy though maybe just leave them for 1 turn?
01-28-2013, 11:05 PM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2013 12:37 AM by samuraitrev.)
RE: LNoE Game Report 20B Rescue Mission (me as Heroes). New and improved with added g
(01-28-2013 09:52 PM)alderdust Wrote:  Blood was nice and it was cool to see just where that zombie died. I would say it gets crowded easy though maybe just leave them for 1 turn?

Thanks alderdust. Believe it or not, the picture is taken once per turn. (straight after the last Hero finishes their Turn). Then the bodies are removed and burnt.
01-29-2013, 12:39 AM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2013 12:44 AM by samuraitrev.)
(01-28-2013 09:21 PM)Sierra Wrote:  Great report! I like the detail of the added blood.

Thanks for taking a look and judging by the reaction I think the new style's here to stay. Zombie13