Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNoE Game Report 2B: Escape In The Truck (me as Heroes)
04-27-2012, 03:54 AM
RE: Game Report 2B: Escape In The Truck
Last weekend I introduced a new group to this game. I don't think it is quite worth a game report because the Heroes quit before completion of the game (it was late), but here are the cliff notes:

7 players:
2 Zombie players and 4 heroes (one couple controlled one hero).
On the first turn, the zombies pulled a play immediately that discarded 3 "Just what I needed!" cards.
Amanda found some keys, but was split from the group, she hung out by the truck.
Goddard eventually found some gas, passed it to Jade, and she was able to fill the truck. Before the truck was filled, Amanda become a Loner (this resulted in much bitching from the Heroes). Cartwright eventually met up with Amanda and took the Keys, only to fight a zombie, feel Kinda Funny, fight another and turn into a Zombie hero. With the Keys lost, the Heroes quit, sadly Insane19 But there were 8 full turns remaining! they could still could have pulled out a victory!

(04-17-2012 12:14 AM)alderdust Wrote:  I like the new reflection section it makes sense analyzing the game for strategy kind of like having hindsight seeing what you should of or could of done.

I also like the Reflections section. Oftentimes, after games, I will do a post mortem with my playing partner, and we can often times find the turning point of the game and can tie it to a misplay or (un)lucky die roll.

Keep up the good work, Trev! love the reports!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2012, 08:52 PM
Cheers mayhem, alderdust and munky (shame about the quitters it 'aint over 'till it's over!)
Keep reading guys I appreciate your supportZombie17
06-22-2012, 08:32 PM
I love these game reports you do. I love the detail you put into them, and I love that you include pics. By the way, you have an awesome set up! That is really cool that you have an actual toy truck for this scenario!

Escape in the Truck was actually the scenario that introduced me to this game. I guess our friends either didn't remember that the game suggest newbies play DZD first, or just wanted to try a different scenario themselves.

To be honest, I'm kind of glad I was introduced with the scenario anyway. It is definitely one of my favorite from what I've seen so far. Plus, I definitely like it better than Die Zombies Die. As fun as DZD is, I think it is both a bit too simplistic, and a bit too hard for the heroes. Not to mention, as some have pointed out, it actually isn't as good an introduction to the typical game as they seem to think. After all, most scenarios require heroes to find something or do something and heroes usually want to try to avoid fighting zombies. So this was a better introduction to the game for me personally.
06-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Thanks for exploring The Tomb and Resurecting the Report. I hope maybe you can read the rest if you get the time.Watchmen02
06-25-2012, 05:42 PM
(06-22-2012 09:49 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Thanks for exploring The Tomb and Resurecting the Report. I hope maybe you can read the rest if you get the time.Watchmen02

Absolutely! I will most definitely check out your old ones here and there as I have time, and keep up to date with any new ones you may create. ;-)
06-26-2012, 08:36 AM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2012 08:37 AM by argailwall.)
Allthough i agree that escape is not a very action based scenario and heros just keep searching to victory, it is one of the most close to the theme scenarios and that renders it a classic. (my party has not played it yet though)

as for the report... what can be said for the master storyteller, I bet trev can be(if he is not already) one of the best Dungeon Master-Game Master-Storyteller or whatever each game wants to call that role
06-26-2012, 02:50 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2012 02:51 PM by scarydk.)
(06-26-2012 08:36 AM)argailwall Wrote:  Allthough i agree that escape is not a very action based scenario and heros just keep searching to victory, it is one of the most close to the theme scenarios and that renders it a classic. (my party has not played it yet though)

IMO this scenario is the essence of a B horror flick and it offers the excuse to start buying props for the game ... like the truck! Watchmen02

Another great report by the way. I especially enjoyed the part where the zombie appears from nowhere, grabs the first aid kit and falls down the well. Now that's B movie feel.

(04-13-2012 06:44 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Turn 4
Suddenly a slimy Zombie crawls out of the well and Knocks Away Stacy's First Aid Kit and falls back down the well with it.
Filthy Zombie: "Rah! Uhhhh? AGHHHHHhhhhh...."
(Splash!!!)

Hilarious Watchmen02

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-26-2012, 09:26 PM
Cheers Argailwall and Scarydk. I like it when people like yourselves quote bits of the story it lets me know what kind of material works. I also agree that as for Theme this scenario takes some beating.

Next game report coming soon. In the meantime if you want your LNoE game report fix go look in The Tomb there's plenty of tales of Heroism and brain eating mayhem. Zombie13