Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNoE Game Report 3B Save the Townsfolk (me as Heroes)
04-28-2012, 06:49 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2013 07:23 PM by samuraitrev.)
LNoE Game Report 3B Save the Townsfolk (me as Heroes)
Hello and welcome to this game report. Read on and enjoy!

Mission: The Heroes must find at least 4 Townsfolk and protect them until sunrise...(The Heroes need to draw 4 Heroes and keep their cards without using them)
The Zombies win by killing 2 Heroes or by stopping the Heroes from ending the game with 4 Townsfolk.
Board Sections: The Barn, Super Market, Junkyard and Graveyard.
Characters: Amanda, Johnny, Sam and Sheriff Anderson.
Starting Zombies: 5
Turns: 16

PI = Play Immediately
RIP = Remains In Play
UI = Unique Item
ST = Survival Tactic
ZGW= Zombie Grave Weapon

Pregame
The Sheriff starts in the Police Station with his trusty Revolver. Sam, Johnny and Amanda have grouped together at the Town Centre. Amanda is wielding a wicked Circular Saw.

Turn 1
The Sheriff is the only lawman left alive; the entire station has been over run. If anyone's going to be Laying Down The Law in this town it's now or never.
Sheriff: "I...I was too late everyone's dead. I've failed them..."
(clink!)
Sheriff: "What the hell was that?"
(The Sheriff rounds a corner and sees a figure leaning against a wall breathing heavily in the gloom)
Sheriff: "Turn around slowly! Show me your hands!"
Farmer Sty: "Whoa! There trigger happy."
Sheriff: "Don't come any closer. Have you been bit?"
Farmer Sty: (Takes a step closer) "What in the blue blazes are you harpin' on about son?"
Sheriff: "Take another step and I WILL FIRE."
Farmer Sty: "OK OK! Look I haven't been bit. I guess my meat's too tough. Now put the gun down before I have another heart attack."
The Sheriff had found the 1st Townsfolk.
Meanwhile on the other side of town Sam and Amanda have made it into the Post Office.

Turn 2
Sheriff: "I'm not aiming at you. DUCK!"
BLAM! The Sheriff kills a Zombie cop who had stood up behind Farmer Sty with his Revolver.
Farmer Sty: "I owe you one son. Now please tell me have you seen my daughter Jenny?"
Meanwhile in the Post Office.
Sam: "This God damn Wireless Radio I've found is nearly dead. I'm trying to reach Bridestown but I haven't got squat so far. (muttering) Foreign junk! I remember Da Nang, Delta 17. Alpha company trying to call in air support. We were pinned down and bullets whizzed through the air sounding like a swarm of flies. Huh you could feel 'em going past. If only we'd have got an American piece of kit that whole FUBAR would never have happened. Jeez we lost some good men that night. I'll try again.
This is Sam calling anyone out there do you receive? Over."
Amanda: (Smiling sweetly then whispers under her breath) "Typical, it's the end of the world and what Hero do I find? A clapped out, overweight, vet with a BO problem and flashbacks. Some girls get all the luck. Wait I spoke to soon. Who are you?"
Deputy Taylor: "The name's Deputy Taylor mam. I...I wasn't hiding I got er...knocked out cold. Don't worry I'll keep you safe miss"
Amanda: "Things are looking up already"
Amanda has found the 2nd Townsfolk.

Turn 3
The Sheriff and Farmer Sty make their way quietly through the Corn Field towards the Post Office.
Sheriff: "I've lost a child too Mr Sty I told myself This Can't Be Happening but it didn't help. Come on, we have to keep looking for them."
Amanda: "Thanks for the help losers! Next time I need a wimpy, coward cop who's just peed his nappy and an army nutjob I'll come find you."
Amanda has no confidence in her would be Heroes and becomes a Loner. Suddenly a mangled corpse lunges from the floor and buries its filthy teeth into her milky white calf severely wounding her.
Sam: "Karma's a bitch but we better go help the ungrateful non-combatant.

Turn 4
During the fight the Zombie's head is smashed into the fuse box and all the Lights are Out in the Post Office.
Sam: "This is Private Samuel 3256 reporting in. Sergeant we have a situation. We are under fire, I repeat we are under fire, engaging hostiles"
Sheriff: "What?! I'm a Sheriff not a Sergeant. What do you mean under fire? Alright whatever"
The Sheriff started his turn with Sam and managed to discard This Can't be Happening. The Sheriff fires his Revolver again and kills a Crawling Torso ZGW. Amanda rests in a corner and her Youth allows her to fully heal. Meanwhile Johnny finds some Gasoline in The Bank. Sam has a Brilliant Idea in the Post Office and finds a Chainsaw and opens a back room to discover the 3rd Townsfolk Coach Packer.
Sam: "On your feet private. At ease"
Coach Packer: "Whatever you say boss, you're the one with the Chainsaw."
A Zombie smashes through a window and its sharp nails tear chunks out of Sam's arm wounding him. His Chainsaw is torn from his grasp and discarded as its hauled outside stuck in a Zombie Torso.

Turn 5
The rest of the Heroes realized Sam was clearly Haunted By The Past. The Falling Darkness discards the Sheriff's desire of Laying Down The Law. Sam gets a 2nd wound fighting a Zombie in the Post Office.
Johnny: "All of you get out of there! Shoot this can and blow 'em away."
Johnny discards his Gasoline outside the Post Office and runs well clear past the Town Center. The Sheriff takes aim from the doorway of the Drug Store with his Revolver and KABOOM!!! 2 Zombies are vaporized and a Rusty Axe GWZ is blown to pieces.
Sheriff: (Shouting over the roaring flames and the ringing in his ears). "We got them Johnny! A hell of a play there! We're taking back the Night (Sheriff's Advanced Ability)"
Farmer Sty: "Yeah good shot sonny! (cough, cough)"

Turn 6
Sam: "Message understood Sergeant." (quietly) "You're right sir I Don't Trust 'Em either."
Coach Packer: "Who's he talking to? There's no one there..."
Deputy Taylor: "Search me man. I think his mechanism's gone."
Amanda finds the 4th Townsfolk in the Super Market stuffing his face with Twinkies. The Sheriff is out of ammo and
discards his Revolver.

Turn 7
The Police Station becomes a New Spawning Pit as the dead cops start to rise again. Amanda is wounded by a Zombie as she tries to tear Jeb away from the Twinkies.
Amanda: "Jeb I need to rest...I Feel Kinda Strange..."

Turn 8
Jeb: "Ok missey...My God They've Taken the Post Office this town is turning to sh*t."
Johnny: (finds the 5th Townsfolk) "Just What I Needed my old buddy T-Bone. So where've you been hiding?"
T-Bone: "I 'ain't afraid o' no man. It's them things. There's some real messed up freaks out there!"

Turn 9
Johnny is overcome with relief and goes Hysterical over finding T-Bone. Lights Out is canceled as the back up generator powers up in the Post Office. The Sheriff is wounded by a Zombie in the Gas Station. He finds a Revolver but discards it as it's empty.

Turn 10
The Sheriff becomes Overconfident at the worst time and gets a 2nd wound. He manages to make a Recovery and heal that wound only to have it reopened by another Zombie. The Sheriff was close to death. Sam finds his lucky Lighter only to find he has nothing to smoke. Johnny finds some more Gasoline. The Sheriff finds another Revolver and kills a Sickle ZGW. As the Sheriff fires a Zombie creeps up behind him.
Coach Packer: "Get away from him, Argghhhhhhh"
Coach Packer kills the Zombie then vanishes into the night and is never seen again. The Sheriff wondered if the Coach had been bitten...(Coach Packer Townsfolk discarded)

Turn 11
Johnny is wounded by a Zombie because drunken T-Bone had fell asleep on guard. The Sheriff is dragged to the ground as rotten teeth gnash towards his vitals.
Deputy Taylor: "I'm here sir. I've got this now get out of here!" (Deputy Taylor Townsfolk discarded)
The Deputy held the Zombie back but received a fatal bite. The Sheriff had been saved again at the sacrifice of another Townsfolk's life. Sam finds his Meat Cleaver. Proper mashed Johnny and T-Bone try to make a run for it but because of the fine Belgian beer they'd been drinking he gets a Twisted Ankle. The Sheriff kills a Zombie with his Revolver and kills another repeatedly smashing its head into a wall until its brains splatter out.

Turn 12
Sam kills a Zombie with his Meat Cleaver and is overcome with the red mist.
Johnny: "Teee-Bowne yow jussshhh getch outta here. You the bechssssst. Yo the beschsssst [belch] BESCHHHHT!!! [hic!]"
Johnny is soon overcome by the Zombies and killed.

T-Bone manages escape. The Zombie Outbreak was in full force now. (Advanced Ability)

Turn 13
Sam: "Sergeant, I've Got To Get to the Church."
Sergeant: (in Sam's head) "Relieved, I want you back at your post at 0400 hours soldier"

Turn 14
The Sheriff kills another Zombie with his Revolver the back of its head is spread across a wide area.

Turn 15
The Heroes pray for morning while desperately seeking survivors.

Turn 16
Sam takes on a ZGW with a Machete and kills it with his Meat Cleaver.
Sam: "Quit squirming meat sack. I was killing before you'd tasted your first brain."
(HACK! THWACK hack.....)

Result: Zombie Victory (Only 3 Townsfolk rescued)
Weapon of choice: Revolver (6 kills)
Hero of the game: Amanda (She found 2 Townsfolk)

Epilogue
The sun began to rise and the bedraggled survivors abandoned the town of Woodinvale certain there were no survivors left. T-Bone kept on running as fast as possible. Sam left to survive in the wilderness eating defenceless animals and continued following orders from his 'Sergeant'. The Sheriff headed to the outpost Timber Peak as Amanda refused to join him as his eyes weren't quite right. Jeb's future is unknown it is probable he choked to death on a Twinkie.

Upon Reflection
Arghhh so close. It was a great game though so where did I go wrong? I had 5 Townsfolk and I lost 2 of them saving the Sheriff's life on turns 10 and 11. I wrongly thought I'd get another Townsfolk by the end of the game but it wasn't to be. The thing is if I'd let him die it probably would have been game over at Turn 12 anyway with the death of Johnny but at the time I didn't know Johnny was going to die so it's all hindsight. What caused me having to defend the Sheriff was that horrible Overconfidence card. I just couldn't get rid of it and got rooted to the spot against waves of undead. Next time I will let the Zombies eat his brain. The Zombies played well trapping my Heroes whenever they got the chance as the Zombie player knew all I wanted to do was search. The Zombie player also cycled through their cards to unleash maximum hurt.

Hope you enjoyed this report. Please comment
To see the next game report go here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...-as-Heroes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2012, 08:30 PM
RE: Game Report 3B Save the Townsfolk
(04-28-2012 06:49 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Hello and welcome to this game report. Read on and enjoy!

Nice game report, Trev. Fun to read as usual. It's a fine line to tread in "Save the Townsfolk" deciding whether or not to discard a townsfolk card to save a hero.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
04-28-2012, 10:37 PM
Once again an excellent report. Even before it gets all smelly and gross, you know you're in for a treat.

Love the reflection part. I often find that the Heroes are in for a make-or-break time when they deviate from the objective trying to save one of their own. I guess its just... human.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-30-2012, 06:31 PM
Thanks for checking it out scarey and goodcop! It was a tense and challenging game with some tough decisions.
05-06-2012, 11:09 AM
I really enjoyed this one. I'm yet to win this scenario as the heroes. I thought you definitely had it at one point.
05-08-2012, 12:14 AM
haha yeah so did I. Thanks for reading and commenting.
06-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Wow! That was really awesome! Being new and all, this if my first time reading one of these game reports! This was really cool! I loved the way you made a whole story out of it, involving the characters and all.

For the record, this was the second scenario I played when the wife and I finally got the game (she got it for me for my birthday). For a while there, I couldn't find any townsfolk, but near the end I found a bunch. I think I had 5 or 6 (I forget how many there are in total) by the time the game was over, and though I did lose one hero, the rest of my heroes survived, so the heroes won.
06-08-2012, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the comments staypuft. The reports take me a looong time to do but it's rewarding to know people like your self read them.Watchmen02