Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNoE Game Report 5B Burn 'Em Out! (me as Heroes)
06-07-2012, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2013 07:25 PM by samuraitrev.)
LNoE Game Report 5B Burn 'Em Out! (me as Heroes)
Hello and welcome to another game report. There are songs and Jake takes part in his very own scrapheap challenge. If you don't laugh at some point you must be dead! This report is hot! Read on my friends!

Mission: The Heroes must destroy 3 Zombie Spawning Pits.
Board Sections: Hospital, Graveyard, Junkyard and The Factory.
Characters: Rachelle, Father Joseph, Billy and Jake Cartwright.
Starting Zombies: 7
Turns: 18

PI = Play Immediately
RIP = Remains In Play
UI = Unique Item
ST = Survival Tactic
ZGW= Zombie Grave Weapon

Pregame
Rachelle starts in the Airplane Hanger with her Revolver and Flashlight. Father Joseph is praying for divine intervention in the Church. Billy is at the centre of town with a Revolver 'borrowed' from his father. Jake arrives at the Road Into Town.

Turn 1
Jake: "Man this town's been hit too. My God They've Taken the Hospital. So much for the antibiotics I wanted. I think it's time to light a few bonfires around here."
Billy runs towards the Church and fires his Revolver killing the 1st Zombie.
Billy "Father, Father let me in! C'mon you deaf old bas-"
Joseph: "I'm here my son, hurry get inside"

Turn 2
Joseph: "So what did you see out there?"
Billy: "Well the Hospital's gone and I checked for dad at the Police Station and there's a New Spawning Pit in there. It's wall-to-wall dead cop zone. I hope he made it out"
Joseph: "Get down stay out of sight. These hell fiends know we're here...My God They've Taken the Antique Shop. We're getting over run If only we had a way to cleanse them in holy fire.
Billy: "Ummm I don't know if you noticed but you've got a burning torch in your hand..."
Meanwhile Rachelle discards her Revolver in the Gas Station.

Turn 3
Joseph: "Metaphorical fire's what we need son. Let's just wait and pray. God will send us salvation. (Singing) So light up the fire and let the flame burn. Open the door let Jesus return etc"
Billy: (muttering) "Are you freakin' kidding me? This is not happening. It's all over. Let's just actually burn them with actual fire! Gahh!!"
Billy has Teen Angst. Billy makes it into the Police Station and becomes a Survivor (+1 Movement). Rachelle finds a Shotgun in the Gas Station and fires both barrels at a Zombie's head at point blank. The headless corpse collapses as its head is smeared across a tasteful calendar picture.

Turn 4
Billy approaches a figure he thinks he knows in the Police Station.
Billy: "Hey Frank it's me Billy. Have you seen- Arghhhh!! My God He's a
Zombie
."
Zombie: "Reurghhhhhhhhh!!!!!"
Billy is caught unawares and is no longer a Survivor.
Jake is sifting through people's leftovers and assorted garbage in the Junkyard and finds an old Hedge Trimmer. Unfortunately he trod in a bucket of oil and cut his fingers on his new gadget.
Jake: "Oh, how I loath my shallow life. Oh WOW! A new hat!"
He puts it on without noticing the nest of spiders within...
Billy continues looking for his dad in the Police Station and finds a Crowbar. Billy then runs out of ammo and has to discard his Revolver. Zombie Frank wounds him.

Turn 5
Joseph: "My God They've Taken The Factory. Hey I recognise that man from my flock in the Airplane Hanger. No It Can't Be Sam's been bitten too. Oh God why do you punish us so?"
Rachelle kills another Zombie in the Gas Station and has to discard the Shotgun. The stink and gore in there was overpowering. Jake carries on rooting around in the Junkyard as spider venom slowly starts making its way into his bloodstream.
Jake: "Oh Wow! Just What I Needed. Some Gasoline this place is like an Aladdin's cave. What more untold wonders shall I behold in this magical place?"
At that moment he stood on a board with a protruding nail. Its rusty point instantly pierced his boot then foot. Just another scream rings out across the cursed town.

Turn 6
Father Joseph makes his way towards the Bank and is wounded trying to take in the weeks collections. Rachelle goes into a Hero's Rage in the Gas Station. She kills Zombie Hero Sam and 2 other Zombies. Her Flashlight is Knocked Away in the fight. She now has her Advanced Ability Manhunt.

Turn 7
Jake pours his Gasoline all over the Junkyard Spawning Pit and unscrews the fuel caps from some of the wrecked cars.
Jake: "Ok Dead freaks you know what time it is. Time to dance the disco inferno."
He lights the Gasoline and Destroys the 1st Spawning Pit

This Hero's Sacrifice discards the 2 My God They've Taken the Hospital and Antique Shop.
Jake: "I'm taking back this town ya hear? God damn I'm so mad my heads itching!"
Several battalions of spiders were fighting a pitched battle with the resident lice. The conflict raged with both sides taking casualties but neither giving ground. The future ruler ship of Jake's head would be decided on the white forested field.

Turn 8
Billy rests up his Youth allowing his wound to heal. Rachelle finds some Gasoline in the Library. Father Joseph soul searches and physically searches the Church.
Joseph: "Thank You Lord that's Just What I Needed. You have sent me Gasoline. I prayed and you have provided a means to send these foul denizens of hell away from your good clean earth."

Turn 9
Jake is bent over searching through a large collection of rusty pins and leaking car batteries in the Junkyard. A Zombie creeps up to him and gives him a huge bite on the ass. Wounding him. Another scream rings out across the town of Woodinvale.

Turn 10
Jake turns on his Hedge Trimmer and mashes the Zombie's throat apart and kills it. During the struggle Jake is Bitten.
Father Joseph gets a 2nd wound using Strength of Spirit to cancel Bitten. Jake takes a 2nd wound too as another Zombie sinks in its filthy teeth. Father Joseph pours the Gasoline all over the hastily buried corpses in the Graveyard and destroys the 2nd Spawning Pit.

Billy Picks Up some Gasoline from the Gas Station.

Turn 11
My God They've Taken The Factory is discarded. Rachelle is wounded and feels Hopeless. Jake kills another Zombie in the Junkyard with his Hedge Trimmer. His new invention was turning into a handy weapon.

Turn 12
Father Joseph continues searching in the Church and finds a Lighter hidden in one of the choir boys' locker. Jake's hands began to sting as the battery acid worked its way into his many cuts and abrasions. He began to wonder if the Junkyard was a kleptomaniacs paradise or in fact a place of torture and misery.

Turn 13
Rachelle gets her 2nd wound in the Hospital of all places. Jake went to the Library and ripped their Fire Extinguisher off the wall. Father Joseph finds an Axe in his searches. Rachelle and Billy battle their way through the Zombie infested Hospital halls to burn out the Morgue only to find a Locked Door. Father Joseph uses his last remaining Strength of Spirit to cancel the locked door. He slowly sinks to the church floor his eyes upturned to the crucifix and finally finds peace.

His sacrifice had meant Billy and Rachelle made their way into the Morgue.

Turn 14
Billy: "Hurry they're all getting off the slabs."
Rachelle: "We're surrounded. C'mon flood this place we have to get out of here. NOW!"
Rachelle discarded the Gasoline in the Morgue but she's killed before she could burn the 3rd Spawning Pit by a Barbed wire ZGW. Billy discards his Gasoline on the same space and is also killed in the Zombie hell hole.

Victory now rested with one man and a head full of parasites...

Turn 15
All the Lights went Out in the Gas Station and Jake is plunged into darkness as he tripped over a power cable and snapped it. He grovelled around in the dark nervous of what he might touch. Or what might leap out of the shadows, yet he managed to Pick Up some Gasoline.

Turn 16
The Hospital was choked full of Zombies and impassable. The only other option of saving the town was destroying the Spawning Pit in the Police Station. However the path from the Gas Station was covered in roamers. As night began to fall Jake knew he must act fast. He left the Gas Station running as fast as he could with his pierced foot and several wounds. He then blasted the Fire Extinguisher at the approaching Zombies hurling them backwards roaring with rage. He discarded the empty extinguisher and kept moving. All that barred his way inside was a large GWZ with a Rusty AXE. If Jake could just duck under its arm and THUNK!!!

Result: Zombie victory (4 Hero deaths).
Weapon of choice: Hand to Hand (3 kills)
Hero of the game: Jake (Burnt 1 Spawning Pit and Trimmed 2 Zombies)

Epilogue:
The Heroes had battled bravely burning 2 Spawning pits but unfortunately it wasn't enough. Scores of dead bodies were rising from the Hospital Morgue and more were filing out of the Police Station. The town was lost and its remaining inhabitants were swallowed up in the epidemic.

Upon Reflection
Hehe! What a rollercoaster. I had it all going for me. 2 Revolvers to start with and the Gas Station. How hard could it be? The 1st 2 Spawning Pits were dealt with easily but the Zombies now concentrated around the remaining pits. I had Rachelle and Billy heading into the Morgue but the Zombies managed to Spawn again so I knew I would have several rounds of fighting to contend with but I hoped I might survive. Alas it was not to be, they got mauled. I don't regret sacrificing Joseph if I hadn't they wouldn't have even made it into the Morgue to give me a chance. I thought this scenario wouldn't be too hard but the Zombies had those pits locked down and defended and played well. I still enjoyed it and look forward to the next game.

Hope you enjoyed this report. Please comment
To see the next game report go here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...-as-Heroes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2012, 04:32 PM
RE: Game Report 4B Burn 'Em Out!
Wow!! that was an awesome review of the session - Much like I was thinking of. God, now I will look like a Trev wannabe!!!Zombie18
Seriously good review though with plenty of atmosphere and the miniatures look great. Zombie Superman?!?
Where did you get these figures from?

Thanks Samuraitrev

Not the face!! Not the face!!
06-07-2012, 06:12 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2012 10:47 AM by samuraitrev.)
Thanks Denial. If you are interested at building a Zombie horde check out this thread I did. It lists many of the miniature companies with pictures and reviews. It includes some of the models I have painted. It's an on going project. http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...ck-welcome
06-08-2012, 11:09 AM
excellent as always trev, thanks for creating a great atmosphere for this awesome game
06-08-2012, 02:34 PM
(06-08-2012 11:09 AM)argailwall Wrote:  excellent as always trev, thanks for creating a great atmosphere for this awesome game

Cheers Argailwall. Most of the reports write themselves. There's so much writing potential with the characters and also a vast amount of Zombie lore out there!

I played another game last night. 5B coming soon...
07-20-2012, 07:42 PM
RE: LNoE Game Report 4B Burn 'Em Out!
As always, another awesome report! I love to come by here and read your game reports after I've tried the scenario myself. My gaming group and I just tried this one this week.

We actually lucked out a couple times as result of a card that would normally be a big help to the zombies. The zombies got the card allowing them to add new spawning pits twice. Funny enough, each time that happened, we wound up destroying the new pits. So, a card the zombies normally love to get actually wound up harming them with this scenario.

But, in the end, our last hero fell trying to blow up one final spawning pit, and the zombies won.

Sounds like your game session was very epic too! Awesome! As always, thanks for your report. I love to read them, and love the style you use. ;-)