Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNoE Game Report 7B Burn it to the Ground! (me as Heroes)
07-22-2012, 08:19 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2012 08:20 AM by scarydk.)
RE: LNoE Game Report 7B Burn it to the Ground!
(07-21-2012 04:59 PM)scarydk Wrote:  Inspired by your game report I challenged my wife to try and beat me in this very scenario. She had a tough ride even though my zombies were slow starters. Its been a while since I played a game without auto spawn and I had a hard time spawning any. The grave dead add on made no difference (being allowed to spawn in a space occupied by a zombie). But as I said, she were doing worse than me. With no gas station, no library and no Cartwright she relied heavily on the supermarket towards the end to acquire the much needed gas cans. She had a break through in turn 16 finding the last two but alas, it was too late.

I liked playing this scenario since we had a fun game and an almost-there-experience for the Heroes. We will play a re-match of the scenario during the weekend but this time I will make sure to make an aggressive comeback sparring no one. There'll be no hiding this time, Amanda! Watchmen02

Saturday night we had a re-match. I don't know about you guys but we play with a deck that includes all expansions, so to improve the odds we added 4 dots to give the Heroes a basic starting hand of 2 cards. I would have liked auto-spawn but couldn't help thinking that might be over-powering in a scenario that uses Grave Dead. Instead I started out with one lights out and Grave Weapons for my zeds.

It was a completely different gaming experience especially due to the fact that my Gr ave Dead were now Carriers. Still no Gas Station, no supermarket either. The Heroes got a much needed the relief when Sam acquired the Flashlight and the Heroes managed to find all gas cans by turn 14.

It was a bloody experience. Both Johnny and Anderson had near-death experiences and even though I didn't manage to add a zombie hero to my gang, one of my Grave Dead got the weapon Recently Dead which made the Heroes use up a lot of cards out of fear. Watchmen02

The Heroes won this time but not until turn 17. Again it was a close one and a disturbing experience for the Heroes. I lost but it felt like a small victory nevertheless.

Excellent experience. Thanks for the inspiration Trev.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2012, 09:12 PM
Thanks for reading this everybody.
@scarydk sounds like a couple of awesome games! Thanks for sharing I like hearing how other peoples games go.
Find all posts by this user
07-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Last Thursday I was kinda writing a game report for a 'Defend the Manor House' match. But as I was easily overun by my fiance's minions in 4 turns and... I kinda overreacted after the fifth consecutive dice roll of 1!!!!

Scarydk! That game must've been awesome!
08-16-2012, 08:47 PM
Another awesome game report! Man, you really seem to have some great games that truly come down to the wire. We just played this in my gaming group last night (one of my fellow gamers has all the expansions). I got to be zombies, which was tons of fun in this game.

We rolled and got "Freshly Dead," so they all moved D3 spaces instead of just one. Groovy. Unfortunately, we ran out of time and couldn't finish, but it was looking like we zombies were going to take this one.
08-19-2012, 04:47 PM
(08-16-2012 08:47 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  Another awesome game report! Man, you really seem to have some great games that truly come down to the wire. We just played this in my gaming group last night (one of my fellow gamers has all the expansions). I got to be zombies, which was tons of fun in this game.

We rolled and got "Freshly Dead," so they all moved D3 spaces instead of just one. Groovy. Unfortunately, we ran out of time and couldn't finish, but it was looking like we zombies were going to take this one.

The freshly dead ability is a nightmare for the Heroes if the Zombies get that you can basically kiss goodbye to any searching. It's bad enough when you get 1 D3 moving Zombie with Hungry Dead or Zombie Hero.
08-20-2012, 07:29 PM
(08-19-2012 04:47 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  
(08-16-2012 08:47 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  Another awesome game report! Man, you really seem to have some great games that truly come down to the wire. We just played this in my gaming group last night (one of my fellow gamers has all the expansions). I got to be zombies, which was tons of fun in this game.

The freshly dead ability is a nightmare for the Heroes if the Zombies get that you can basically kiss goodbye to any searching. It's bad enough when you get 1 D3 moving Zombie with Hungry Dead or Zombie Hero.

LOL! Yeah, it definitely is not a fun power for the heroes to have to face. Though, it isn't necessarily a death sentence. There is always the possibility that the Freshly Dead Zombies will keep rolling 1's and 2's (which, with a D3, still gives them a movement of 1), or at least doing so at crucial moments when they really needed more.

Not to mention, if the heroes can succeed in killing any Grave Dead, they don't get to re-spawn. They are just gone. So, just like anything in this game, it does make it quite difficult on the opposing side, but not impossible.