Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
LNoE Game Report 8B Plague Carriers (me as Heroes)
08-05-2012, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2013 07:30 PM by samuraitrev.)
LNoE Game Report 8B Plague Carriers (me as Heroes)
Thank you for taking the time to look at this game report. This scenario is from the Growing Hunger expansion. For the sake of crafting a story I have been recording which characters have lived through all the previous games. i.e. from Game Report 1B onwards. Amanda has lived through 3 scenarios so far (Truck, Townsfolk and Z. Apocalypse) so her story will continue here. Mr Goddard has survived the previous 2 scenarios (Z. Apocalypse and Burn It to the Ground) he's been traumatised big time. See last game. His story also continues. I've used my Resident Evil style Lickers as Plague Zombies just for a bit of fun and I think they look cool!

Scenario Special Rules: Hero Starting Cards (2), Heroes Replenish.
Mission: The Heroes must kill the 7 Plague Carriers before Sundown.
Board Sections: (random) The Barn, Hospital, Graveyard and the Super Market.
Characters: (random) Amanda, Victor, Mr Goddard and Billy.
Starting Zombies: 7 + the 7 Plague Carriers.
Turns: 18

PI = Play Immediately
RIP = Remains In Play
UI = Unique Item
ST = Survival Tactic
ZGW= Zombie Grave Weapon (figures have red bases in photos)

Pregame
Stockpile: First Aid in the Farmhouse. Mr Goddard has a Pump Shotgun. Billy has a Signal Flare.

Turn 1
Victor: "All I know kid is what I saw. These things aren't like the normal walkers. They're bigger, meaner and uglier. I saw one pass my cell before I bust out. I'd still be in there now but I'm close to starvin'. Say you got any food?"
Billy: "No sorry. So what did you do? You kill anyone?"
Victor: (with a disconcerting grin) "Not yet kid. What the..? No it Can't Be Zombie Jake Cartwright. I knew that guy. Shhh...Let's make for the Town Centre see if we can find anyone alive here. Wait listen...Ok kid take a look. Welcome to adulthood"
Goddard + Amanda: "Ohhh Ohhhh Ohhhhhh UHNNNN..."
Goddard: "Hey This Could Be Our Last Night on Earth. I always wanted to go with a bang!" (They giggle)
Victor: "YO! WHAT'S GOING DOWN? Nice cans by the way."
(Amanda screams and they hurriedly cover and attempt to dress).
Billy: "Shhhhh! There's something in the shadows watching us. Take this!"
FFFFSHHHH! Billy fired his Signal Flare at the crawling shadow and its head burst into an incandescent flame. The thing writhed and shrieked before death. The Heroes had killed the 1st Plague Zombie.

Turn 2
Amanda: "What the hell was that?"
Victor: "It's one of those God damn things I was telling Pistol Pete here about. They're some kind of super Zombie. I've heard they carry the plague. We gotta ace 'em. If we're gonna last the night. Say you two got any food? I'm a little bit past peckish"
Billy Picks Up a Signal Flare from the Airplane Hanger. Mr Goddard fires his Shotgun at an approaching Zombie.
Goddard: "That screaming Zombie the kid killed has attracted the walkers. We've got to move. If we get split up we'll all meet in the Airplane Hanger later"

Turn 3
Victor: "Ok let's bounce."
CRASHHHHH!!! All of a sudden a Plague Zombie leaps through the window of the Drug Store.

Victor: "You think I'm scared of you freak? Ever been in a shower block on the inside? How Do You Like It? ARggghhhhhhh!!! Nom, nom, nom..."
The Heroes had killed the 2nd Plague Zombie.
The Heroes jump into action! Mr Goddard takes down another Zombie with his Shotgun. He uses all his ammo on the Resilient corpse but kills it. He then discards his gun. Billy peers into the abandoned Farmhouse and sees another Plague Zombie feasting on an old farmer's corpse. He steadies his aim like his dad taught him and fires his Signal Flare. The Plague Zombie and the entire room goes up in flames. The thing emits an ear piercing shriek before disappearing in the flames. The Heroes had killed the 3rd Plague Zombie.

Turn 4
The Overconfident Victor is leapt upon by another Plague Zombie.
Victor: "Oh you want some too? Like I used to say on A-Wing to the filth, Get Back You Devils!"
Victor manages to pound another Plague Zombies skull in and when the red mist lifts he realises he was Bitten in the fight.
Victor: "Oh God no not this..."
The Heroes had killed the 4th Plague Zombie.
Victor makes his way into the vacant Super Market and grabs a Pushbroom to steady himself as his head swims. He looks at the festering bite with revulsion.
Jeb: "Hey man you don't look so good. The name's Jeb I got just the thing. It says on the bottle kills all known Germs. Cop for this!"
Victor: "Wait. You don't look like much of a doctor."
Without warning Jeb spills industrial strength bleach all over the bite and runs away.
Victor: "Hang on, where does it say (splash!) AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh...."
Victor lapses into unconsciousness as the pain becomes too great but the Bitten arm is healed, for now.

Turn 5
Mr Goddard is jumped by Zombie Cartwright and wounded. He never heard it coming, his mind clouded by the horror of the last few days. For a moment he wondered if it would be easier to succumb to the Zombie then he remembered the horrifying change and fought back with a snarl of defiance. Victor wakes up and finds Jeb gone.
Victor: "Crazy son of a bitch. He left his bag. Hmmm what we got here?"
Victor finds some Ammo in the Super Market. Billy Picks Up a Signal Flare from the Airplane Hanger and fires it at Zombie Cartwright. The creature that was once Cartwright swats the burning embers off its self tearing off a lump of rotting flesh in the process. Cartwright was Unstoppable!

Turn 6
Victor: "I need some drugs for this scratch. They've Taken The Drug Store so that's no good. Oh man This Can't Be Happening... I should have starved to death behind bars."
Amanda gets a nasty wound from a Machete ZGW whilst making her way to the Airplane Hanger. Victor opens a door in the Super Market and a Zombie lurches at him from the shadows and buries its rotting teeth into his already ravaged arm wounding him. The Zombie steps back with what looks like surprise as the bleach burned and reacted with its rotten throat.
Victor: "Ha! Don't taste as good as I look puss head!"
Billy Picks Up another Signal Flare from the Airplane Hanger and fires it again at Zombie Cartwright. This time it's a head shot and its head bursts into flame then sizzles as the brain boils within before exploding in a shower of gore like a putrescent roman candle. Billy had gained his Advanced Ability: Anger.

Victor decides a Hero's Sacrifice was a much better way to go and his Overconfidence is discarded and gives way to cold vengeance.

Turn 7
Amanda begins to feel like the other survivors have abandoned her and she gets Teen Angst. Mr Goddard Picks Up a Signal Flare from the Airplane Hanger and kills the Machete ZGW that had wounded Amanda.
Mr Goddard: "No one touches my students but me. YOU HEAR!"
This was his 3rd major outing against the Zombie horde and he had now gained his Advanced Ability: Repair. Billy Picks Up the Signal Flare. All the Heroes had gathered together for the final push.

Turn 8
A Zombie crept up behind Billy and Amanda and Billy pushes her to one side. He locks arms with the Zombie but its strength is too great for him and its gnashing maw inexorably draws closer to his flesh he screams as it buries in its teeth.
Billy: "Victor! Help me!!!"
Billy manages to reach a Signal Flare and he fires it at a Plague Zombie creeping up the Airplane Hanger wall. The creature shrieks and falls against the concrete snapping its back and breaking its skull. The Heroes had killed the 5th Plague Zombie.
Amanda Picks Up the other Signal Flare and kills another Zombie that had been approaching the Hanger. The screaming Plague Zombie had drawn them in. Victor stood side to side with Mr Goddard and decided he wasn't so bad for a square. (He discards This Can't Be Happening ) Victor then Picks Up a Signal Flare. Mr Goddard Picked Up a Signal Flare.

Turn 9
Billy: "I'm going to go outside and hold them off a while. You guys get the last few Plague Zombies. I'll be ok I can take them."
Amanda: "Wait, come back. Don't be a Hero. You don't know what they're capable of...BILLLYYYY"
Billy is tripped by a ZGW Crawling Torso and lands heavily, prone to its and an Explosive ZGW attacks.
Billy: "AIEEEEEEEEEE" (Billy is killed)

Stacy arrives at the Town Centre. She had returned to Woodinvale after escaping in a truck with Amanda several weeks ago. She had sworn to herself she would protect the young, naive girl. Little did she know Amanda had become a true survivor, fighting her 4th battle against the relentless hordes. The Zombies had gained their Advanced Ability: Ravenous. Amanda's Youth and experience stand her in good stead as she heals her wound with an expert field dressing. Stacy crosses town oblivious as 2 Plague Zombies stealthily creep from the Police Station and Church...Victor and Mr Goddard are on the way to rescue her.

Turn 10
Amanda is surrounded by a horde of Zombies who'd smashed their way into the Hanger. She managed to hide from 3 of them but the ZGW Crawling Torso grabbed her ankle. She managed to fight it off repeatedly stamping its head into the concrete. She delivered a jaw breaking punch to a Zombie covered in bling.
Amanda: "Get your wondering hands off of me! Oh you didn't just do that! You tore my dress, now I'm really mad. You're first Staypuft"

Victor: "God Damn! The freaks just killed Billy! Right, that's it, we waste all of 'em. I'm outta here!"
Goddard: (He holds his gun against Victor's head) "Wait. Listen to reason. We do this my way. You'll get us killed."
Victor looked into Goddard's eyes. He'd looked into the eyes of madmen and murderers whilst inside. Goddard was neither, he was worse; he was a Hero who would kill anyone including himself to protect the remaining survivors.
Victor: "Ok, Ok whatever. Put the gun down before you get hurt."
Goddard explained the plan and they set off to death or glory.

Stacy: "Help me, oh God.."
Victor: "Lady GET DOWN!!"
Victor and Goddard both came running from two different directions in a pincer movement as Stacy hit the dirt. A Plague Zombie turned in bewilderment and recieved a face full of Flare ammunition. from Goddard. SHRIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!! The Heroes had killed the 6th Plague Zombie. Victor fired from long range as the Flare shot arced majestically through the air which seemed to last an age. The Flare hit and the Plague Zombie and it writhed on the floor burning. Victor's boot came crashing down on its boiling head finishing it off. The Heroes had killed the 7th and final Plague Zombie.

Result: Hero victory (The Heroes have killed the 7 Plague Zombies).
Weapon of choice: Signal Flare (8 kills)
Hero of the game: Billy (He killed 3 Plague Zombies and Zombie Cartwright).

Epilogue:
As the final Plague Zombie Burned the stench of Woodinvale seemed to lift. A great abomination had been wiped from Woodinvale forever. Goddard and Victor buried Billy without ceremony after putting a bullet through the corpse's brain. Goddard didn't even flinch as he pulled the trigger. He knew it wouldn't be the final time he would have to administer the last rites. Amanda managed to escape the hanger and roles were reversed as she found herself looking out for Stacy.
Mr Goddard: "The Sun's going down. Time to hit the shelter. By the way Victor you did good. We got plenty of food down there. What do you say?"
Victor: "Music to my ears brother. If you've got a beer too I might just join your rag-tag posse!"

To Be Continued...

Upon Reflection
I couldn't have wished for a better set of starting cards or location. I had mainly events and I was thinking 'Where's the weapons?' but they were awesome. With cards that kill rather than wound such as How Do You Like It and Get Back You Devils you're onto a winner in scenarios like this. I also started with the Signal Flare I love that weapon it never failed me once. Later in the game another Signal Flare ended up in the discard deck so I had 2 I could Pick Up. As the Plague Zombies couldn't actually move without Zombie Hunger prompting them (from up to 2 spaces away). I just kept my distance until I had the tools to take them down. I think where the Zombies slipped up was not blocking off the Hanger sooner. They caught on later by about turn 8 or 9 but by then it was too late in the day. I used Stacy at the end to coax the Plague Zombies out of hiding into line of sight for the sweet Signal Flares. I really enjoyed this game!

If you are reading this please comment.
To see the next game report go here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...-as-Heroes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2012, 12:36 PM
RE: LNoE Game Report 8B Plague Carriers
This is my latest report so far I should be playing another game this weekend. Do you like the idea of linked stories? Or do you think each scenario should be stand alone?
08-08-2012, 07:40 PM
(08-05-2012 02:28 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  You're first Staypuft

Not our beloved Staypuft, for sure.

I like the way the linked stories are working. I think you should keep it up. They are written in a way that they can still be enjoyable to anyone no matter if they missed the previous episodes.

Dang, this seemed pretty easy for the heroes this time. Having the hanger on the board with all those signal flares really negated the 2 wounds the plague carriers are allowed. Did plague carriers 2 and 4 get two wounds? It seems like they went down fast. When we played this scenario, we forgot about the 2 wounds thing once or twice, and it kinda messed up our outcome.
08-09-2012, 12:28 AM
(08-08-2012 07:40 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  
(08-05-2012 02:28 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  You're first Staypuft

Not our beloved Staypuft, for sure.

I like the way the linked stories are working. I think you should keep it up. They are written in a way that they can still be enjoyable to anyone no matter if they missed the previous episodes.

Dang, this seemed pretty easy for the heroes this time. Having the hanger on the board with all those signal flares really negated the 2 wounds the plague carriers are allowed. Did plague carriers 2 and 4 get two wounds? It seems like they went down fast. When we played this scenario, we forgot about the 2 wounds thing once or twice, and it kinda messed up our outcome.

Yeah plague zombies 2+ 4 got hit with 'How Do You Like It' and 'Get Back You Devils' which are Killing cards. It was relatively easy as Heroes on this occasion as the Zombies neglected to seal off the Hanger and the deadly Signal Flares. Thanks for reading and commenting.Zombie17
08-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Nice one, Samurai... Keep writing the 'Campaign' story, I think it's very fun!

(08-05-2012 02:28 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  This time it's a head shot and its head bursts into flame then sizzles as the brain boils within before exploding in a shower of gore like a putrescent roman candle.

You should get a Pulitzer for this sentence... I'm still picturing a 'putrescent roman candle' LOL
08-10-2012, 11:08 AM
(08-09-2012 09:18 PM)LFuzer Wrote:  Nice one, Samurai... Keep writing the 'Campaign' story, I think it's very fun!

(08-05-2012 02:28 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  This time it's a head shot and its head bursts into flame then sizzles as the brain boils within before exploding in a shower of gore like a putrescent roman candle.

You should get a Pulitzer for this sentence... I'm still picturing a 'putrescent roman candle' LOL

Thanks LFuzer. I'll carry on with the campaign style. Some of the Heroes have survived 4 outings now! Next Report coming soon, thanks for commenting.