Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNoE Game Report 9 Revenge of the Dead. (me as Zombies)
08-16-2011, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2013 07:05 PM by samuraitrev.)
LNoE Game Report 9 Revenge of the Dead. (me as Zombies)
Hi there to all you LNoE gamers. This scenario is one of the official web exclusive expansions from the FFP website. The most Heroic Character save and the fastest Hero death ever (can you guess who it'll be?) This is messy gore fans read on...

Scenario Special Rules: Zombies Auto Spawn, Always Zombie Heroes, Heroes Replenish, Hero Starting Cards (1).
Mission The Heroes must survive until morning or kill 4 Zombie Heroes.
The Zombies must kill 5 Heroes.
Board Sections Hospital, Supermarket, The Barn and Graveyard.
Characters Stacy, Rachelle, Sam and Amanda.
Starting Zombies 8
Turns 13

PI = Play Immediately
RIP = Remains In Play
UI = Unique Item
ST = Survival Tactic
ZGW= Zombie Grave Weapon

Pregame
Rachelle gets her Revolver and Flashlight and starts in the Hospital. Stacy starts in the Airplane Hanger. Sam gets a Backpack and Amanda gets a hungry Chainsaw.

Turn 1
The supermarket's power is cut as a Zombie got fried. Rachelle is wounded but ignores it using her intuition ability. The Airplane hanger happens to have a huge Stockpile Guns. They must have been flown in? Stacy is the first to shed blood and is wounded. Rachelle takes out the first Zombie with her trusty police Revolver.

Turn 2
The Stockpile Guns are all fake due to Falling Darkness. Zombies come bursting from the farmhouse as there's a PI New Spawning Pit there. Also The Church is taken over with a New Spawning Pit with PI They're Coming From The.. Yet again Stacy receives a wound from a ZGW crawling torso. Rachelle smashes through the window hearing Stacy's screams and kills the crawling torso with the Revolver. Sam after realising his Backpack won't kill many Zombies picks up a nearby Pitchfork. After testing the sharpness he unfortunately gets tetanus.
"Gah of all the.. Damn I knew I shoulda had that jab..."

Turn 3
Stacy uses Recovery healing 1 of her wounds. The town starts falling apart PI They're Coming From The Police Station so bye bye Pump Shotgun pickup. PI My God They've Taken The Post Office. The Power is cut in The Hospital with Lights Out bad luck if Rick Grimes is still in bed.

Turn 4
A recently dead ZGW jumps up and surprises Sam wounding him. Stacy also gets another wound. Rachelle finds UI Doc Broady's Memoirs after pocketing them she takes quick aim with her Revolver at ZGW sickle Zombie killing it. She now has her Advanced Ability turning into a pro Zombie killer.

Turn 5
Sam is wounded again by the ZGW recently dead Zombie. Lizzy the Shopkeeper decides to set up shop in the Airplane Hanger. Rachelle's Revolver finally runs out of ammo and is discarded.

Turn 6
Amanda and Stacy desperately defend themselves trapped in the Airplane Hanger. Amanda picks up her first wound making an Unnecessary Self Sacrifice but enraged kills a ZGW barbed wire Zombie in unarmed combat and heals the wound because of the ST Survival of the Fittest in play. Stacy kills another ZGW crawling torso and heals a wound herself using the Survival of the Fittest. Stacy picks up another wound this time feeling ...Kinda Strange. Another wound makes her feel even more strange as she's killed and turned into a Zombie Hero.

The new character arrives Jenny at the Town Centre with a Baseball Bat. Sam's tetanus causing Pitchfork breaks on it's first use. He begins to feel his jaw locking up... Amanda kills another GWZ bloated body this time using her Chainsaw.

Turn 7
Amanda just manages to escape the Aircraft Hanger and mistakenly believes her friend Stacy to be alive. It is all too late as she receives a fatal bite from undead Stacy. Amanda is turned into a Zombie Hero after being feasted on by a horde of Zombies.

A new character (Becky) emerges from the Barn with a Pump Shotgun. Sam is wounded by a recently dead ZGW. Jenny kills a different recently dead ZGW in hand to hand but gets Bitten. Sam charges into a ZGW carrying an explosive heroically diving on the flaming fuel tank protecting Jenny. KABOOM!!! 2 ZGW are blown to pieces and Sam lies at Jenny's feet. Struggling to speak through his locked jaw he says,
"Admit it you owe me..."

His smile is short lived as he passes away. Although he won't be lying still for long as he too starts showing the signs of becoming a Zombie Hero. Billy comes out of hiding in the Drug Store with some Ammo. Rachelle uses her UI Doc Broady's Memoirs to cancel Jenny's Bitten. The Memoirs are then discarded.

Turn 8
Billy is instantly wounded by a Zombie in the Drug Store and Feels Kinda Strange then picks up an extra wound from the Zombie Advanced Ability Infectious. QUICKEST HERO DEATH OF ALL TIME!!

New Hero Kenny.

Turn 9
The Zombie Advanced Ability Swarm enables the Zombies to Taken Over counter the Airplane Hanger. Jenny is wounded and is suddenly face to face with her Hero Sam she gushes
"I thought I'd never see you again if there's anyway I can repay you I..."
She falls silent as Sam's altered form steps into the light
"BURAIINNZZ!"
With tears in her eyes she fires up the Chainsaw putting the 1st Zombie Hero finally to rest. It was uncanny that even in death Sam had returned to the Diner. Did the dead retain some kind of subconscience? She shuddered at the thought.

She then heals the wound with the still in play ST Survival of the Fittest. Rachelle is wounded by Zombie Amanda. Becky is wounded by UI Medical Records but manages to heal it with Recovery. She then kills a machete wielding ZGW with the Pump Shotgun and heals 1 of Rachelle's wounds.

Turn 10
Rachelle is wounded and wounded again with the nasty Zombie Advanced Ability Infectious.

Turn 11
Jenny kills another unfortunate GWZ caught up in some barbed wire with her bare hands.

Turn 12
Becky and Rachelle are swarmed in the Farmhouse. Becky is wounded by Zombie Amanda. Rachelle now weakened with infection and weaponless falls beneath the horde and is turned into a Zombie Hero. The Zombies had taken Woodinvale. If only Becky could make a break for the door...

Result Zombie Victory (5 Heroes killed/Zombie Hero).
Hero of the game Jenny (Killed 1 Zombie Hero)
Weapon of Choice Hand to Hand! (6 kills)

I hope you enjoyed this game report.
To see game report 10 see here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...as-Zombies
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2011, 04:47 PM
RE: Game Report 9 Revenge of the Dead.
Great starting items/locations and they manged to lose. That said, I think this is one scenario the zombie tends to win. Nice report.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-16-2011, 07:12 PM
(08-16-2011 04:47 PM)mqstout Wrote:  Great starting items/locations and they manged to lose. That said, I think this is one scenario the zombie tends to win. Nice report.

Thank you. If the Heroes had survived turn 13 they would have won. But as most games of LNOE it really can go down to the last turn or two! It was great fun to play! That 6 card allowance for the Zombie player is an absolute killer too!
08-16-2011, 07:44 PM
where did you find this scenario? I took a look at the website and couldn't find it.
08-16-2011, 08:02 PM
(08-16-2011 07:44 PM)nitro9090 Wrote:  where did you find this scenario? I took a look at the website and couldn't find it.

Hi Nitro I found it here
http://stores.homestead.com/FlyingFrogPr....bok?no=19
Hope this helpsZombie17
08-16-2011, 09:29 PM
ah, Thanks!
07-06-2012, 06:16 AM
(08-16-2011 07:12 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  
(08-16-2011 04:47 PM)mqstout Wrote:  Great starting items/locations and they manged to lose. That said, I think this is one scenario the zombie tends to win. Nice report.

Thank you. If the Heroes had survived turn 13 they would have won. But as most games of LNOE it really can go down to the last turn or two! It was great fun to play! That 6 card allowance for the Zombie player is an absolute killer too!

This is exactly why this is one of my favorite scenarios, it's quick and very tense, creating the perfect horror atmosphere

Take that, you mealy-mouthed bastards!
08-02-2012, 08:02 PM
RE: LNoE Game Report 9 Revenge of the Dead.
I just got this supplement myself, and just got to play it over the weekend. This is definitely one of my favorite scenarios so far. Thanks for this report.

This is one scenario that is definitely a bit brutal on the heroes. They may need quite a bit of luck on their side to make it out of this one alive. ;-)
08-03-2012, 07:38 PM
(08-02-2012 08:02 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  I just got this supplement myself, and just got to play it over the weekend. This is definitely one of my favorite scenarios so far. Thanks for this report.

This is one scenario that is definitely a bit brutal on the heroes. They may need quite a bit of luck on their side to make it out of this one alive. ;-)

Cool. Let's have some more details!
Were you Heroes or Zombies?
Which Characters lived / died?
How many turns did it go to the wire?
Any new players to the group?
Which side won the day?
08-04-2012, 01:06 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2012 01:07 AM by vikinglad.)
Nice report. "Quickest hero death of all time" goes to Billy. No surprise to me; I hate that little bugger. Good work.

I don't remember seeing the zombie in the orange shirt on his knees before. Is he new? He looks really cool.