Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNoE Game Report 9B Revenge of the Dead (me as Heroes)
09-19-2012, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2013 07:31 PM by samuraitrev.)
LNoE Game Report 9B Revenge of the Dead (me as Heroes)
Hi there to all you LNoE gamers. This scenario is one of the official web exclusive expansions from the FFP website. Amanda has lived through 4 scenarios so far so her story will continue here. Sam has Survived 3 Previous scenarios. This scenario will test them to the limits. I will say one word…carnage. Read on.

Scenario Special Rules: Zombies Auto Spawn, Always Zombie Heroes, Heroes Replenish, Hero Starting Cards (1).
Mission:
The Heroes must survive until morning or kill 4 Zombie Heroes. The Zombies must kill 5 Heroes.
Board Sections:(random) The Barn, Hospital, Junkyard and High School.
Characters: (random) Sheriff Anderson, Amanda, Sam and Ash.
Starting Zombies: 2
Turns: 13

AA = Advanced Ability
ST = Survival Tactic
ZGW= Zombie Grave Weapon (figures have red bases in photos)

Pregame
The Sheriff starts at the Town Centre and discards his Revolver to keep the Sledge Hammer. Ash is there with him. Amanda starts at the High School with Endurance (She has an extra Health box) and she has a can of Gasoline. Sam is in his Diner preparing for the onslaught.

Turn 1
Ash: “Just give me ten minutes, a babe with some sugar and stay the hell outta my way and we’ll get on just fine. I’ll clear up your little problem. Say…You seen a real nasty book anywhere?”
Sheriff: “Listen up stranger. We do this my way. This is crowd control any of the infected rioters get in our way. They can look forward to a night in the slammer.”
Ash: “Well hello Mr Fancy pants! I got a news flash they’re not rioters out there. You try and arrest one of those things; you’re going to be looking at the inside of a small intestine real quick. Get it?”
Ash and the Sheriff continue Bickering. Sam leaves the defended location of the Diner and makes his way across town.

Turn 2
Amanda raced pell-mell out of the High School to join Ash and the Sheriff at the Town Centre.
Amanda: “You two. Incase you haven’t noticed they’re closing in on us.”
Ash’s and Amanda’s eyes met and she felt a shock through her body she couldn’t fathom. The man had an aura, sure he was arrogant as hell but he had a certain implacable charm.
Ash: “Snap out of it girlie, I get that all the time. Now hand over that Gasoline I’ve got a plan!”
Amanda handed Ash the Gasoline resisting the urge to punch him in the face.
Amanda: “Get over yourself meat head. You make me wanna puke.” she lied.
Ash: “Stand back, primitives. This thing gets real hungry”.
Ash discarded the Gasoline and filled up his previously empty Chainsaw. Runnnnggg, dgahh, dghh, dghh…
Ash: “Groovy!”
Ash then fired his Shotgun at an approaching Blood Spray ZGW but the Unstoppable thing just kept coming. Ash discarded his empty Shotgun. Sam managed to climb up a fire escape and make his way into The Bank. The Sheriff silently enters the Sty Farmhouse.

Turn 3
Amanda: “Don’t think for a second I’m new to this. I’ve survived weeks of this nightmare. I know where there’s more gas we can use, follow me”.
Ash: “I’ve got a little experience with this kinda stuff too”
Ash and Amanda decide to go into the Gas Station together. Sam looks around in The Bank, all seems quiet. The Sheriff clears the Farmhouse room by room. Whoever was here left in a hurry. A family meal still remained on the table but chairs were knocked over and there was evidence of a violent struggle.
Sheriff: “What the hell happened here?”

Turn 4
Suddenly Ash’s leg is grabbed by a Zombie lurking in the shadows of the inspection pit in the Gas station. The Zombie knocked Ash to the floor and his Chainsaw smashed upon the ground breaking in two. Ash was forced to discard the Chainsaw. Relieved to see the rent in his arm was Just a Scratch. The Sheriff finds nothing but a Push Broom in the Farmhouse but with a little ingenuity he attaches it to his Sledge Hammer with some ST Duct Tape to make a new Zombie mashing weapon. Ash limps out of the inspection pit with a Twisted Ankle.

Turn 5
Ash: “I’m ok. Look on the bright side. Things can’t get any worse.”
At that moment the Lights go Out in the Gas Station plunging Ash and Amanda into black terror.
Ash: “I don’t want to panic anyone right now but, ruuuuuuuuuunnn!!!”
Sheriff Anderson breaks his way into the cellar of the Farmhouse and finds 3 bodies all wrapped up head-to-toe in tight mouldy bandages, to his mounting horror one of them starts to wriggle.
Sheriff: “This Can’t be Happening”.
Meanwhile Ash and Amanda are fighting for their lives. Ash holds the boards across the windows as a Machete ZGW hacks at the boards. He ducks narrowly missing vomited stomach acids from a Zombified nun. With a superhuman backhand he hits a girl Zombie. The impact tears off its rotten head that shatters across a nearby wall. The thing dropped to the ground.
Ash: “Get Back You Devils. I’m just getting warmed up”.

Ash and Amanda make their way into The Bank. The Sheriff sits in the Farmhouse with his head in his hands. Slowly, almost mechanically he upholsters his pistol. The barrel felt comforting, resting against his temple. First his wife, Billy’s probably dead. Sheriff Anderson was about to make the biggest decision of his life…

Turn 6
Ash and Amanda Search through The Bank.
Amanda: “There’s nothing here it’s been picked clean”.

Turn 7
The doors of The Bank burst open and a horde of Zombies pour in engulfing Ash and Amanda. They desperately fight to escape. Ash and Amanda are both wounded twice and are close to death. Their grim eyes meet for perhaps the last time.
Meanwhile
The Sheriff puts the pistol back into the holster with a shaking hand and leaves the Farmhouse after dispatching the writhing bundles in the cellar.
Sheriff: “I’ll try to make it one more day, maybe I’ll do it tomorrow-“.
Sam: “GET DOWN” BOOM!!!

After the smoke clears Sam gets off the prone Sheriff. Pieces of the Explosive ZGW rain down in stinking particles.
Sam: “Now you owe me soldier. The damn thing was carrying some serious ordinance. You got any cigars?”
Amanda and Ash manage to climb into the safe and secure the door.
Amanda: “Hold me, I’m so scared…”
Her sobs almost break his flint like heart. Instinctively he envelops her in his strong yet surprisingly gentle embrace.
Ash: “Shhhh there, it’s far from over”.
One-by-one garments fall as they tenderly undress each other looking into each others eyes.
Amanda: “I want my last time to be with you Ash. This Could be Our Last Night On Earth”.
The surveillance cameras film a scene that shall never be seen…
Meanwhile
The Sheriff thanked Sam as they dusted themselves off and coughed in the acrid smoke. (The Sheriff discarded This Can’t Be Happening). His hope had returned.

Turn 8
Ash and Amanda lay in each others arms and Ash felt suddenly felt Haunted By The Past.
Ash: “Whoa felt like someone walked over my grave. We can’t stay here, we’ll be trapped. We have to make a run for it. Get dressed and be ready”.
They suited up as Ash forced open the door. Again they were swamped by a tide of the dead. Her small hand was wrenched from his as she was felled by a Machete ZGW.

The Zombies had killed their 1st Hero.Ash: “NOOOOOOOOOO!!!”
A new Hero arrived at the Town Centre it was Johnny armed with a Shotgun. Ash fought the Zombies roaring like an enraged bull, tearing off chunks from the living dead. Yet fingers like steel held him fast and a fatal bite ended a legend.

The Zombies had killed their 2nd Hero.
A new Hero arrived at the Town Centre it was Kenny armed with nothing but a name badge and the mistaken belief he was Hero material. The Zombies had gained their 1st AA Ravenous. Johnny hearing the commotion in The Bank runs to the Bank window and fires his Shotgun into the Zombie horde killing 2 Zombies. He fired until all the shells were spent and dropped the empty Shotgun. Johnny’s synapses slowly began to whir into life as he pondered how he would combat them now, weaponless…

Turn 9
Sam rested in the Farmhouse, but his rest was cut shot as the Lights went Out.
Sam: “Time to leave I think. I’ve Got To Get To The High School. That's where I stored my kit”. The lights came back on in the Gas Station as the town’s emergency generator kicked in. Johnny feels everything is Hopeless without a weapon and his spirit is wounded. The lights come back on in the Farmhouse too. As Johnny sat there slumped against The Bank wall. The freshly Zombiefied forms of Ash and Amanda loomed above him and inevitably tore him asunder.

The Zombies had killed their 3rd Hero.
A new Hero arrived at the Town Centre it was Billy riding atop T.J. Thoroughbred armed with some Dynamite. Sam made it to the High School. Kenny nervously enters the High School too. The Zombies had gained their 2nd AA Infectious.

Turn 10
Sam is overwhelmed and wounded twice. He’d escaped the war and death once, could he escape one last time? The Sheriff is caught in the open crossing town by 6 Zombies. He brought down his Sledge Hammer/Push Broom hard upon a Sickle ZGW killing it. Only to disappear under the rest of the ravening Zombie mob.

The Zombies had killed their 4th Hero.
A new Hero arrived; stopping in the Gas Station for supplies (Zombie’s Choice) it was Jake Cartwright armed with a Revolver. The Zombies had gained their 3rd AA Outbreak.
Kenny finds a Baseball Bat in the High School and meets up with Billy.
Billy: “Shhh keep down or they’ll see us…”

Turn 11
Billy: “I didn’t realize They’re Coming From The High School. But we can get out of here”.
Kenny: “What do you mean we? Every man for himself. I’m not staying here, screw you! You know I always wanted Sally. HEY ZOMBIES OVER HERE. (Ineffectual bat swinging) WAGHHHH HAAA HAAAA URkkk… (gurgle, choke, gurgle)”. Kenny is brought down by the Zombified Sheriff still retaining some Fighting Instincts, the death gripped Sledge Hammer smashes down. Kenny had stacked his last shelf.

The Zombies had killed their 5th Hero.

Result: Zombie Victory (5 Heroes killed).
Hero of the game: Johnny (2 Kills)
Weapon of Choice: Shotgun (2 kills)

Epilogue:
Jake seeing that the town was lost headed straight out on the road he arrived on. Nothing in that town was worth dying for. Billy had witnessed his Zombified father kill a boy from his school. He climbed to the rafters and prayed for rescue. Sam returns to the forests to eat his body weight in nut, berries and defenceless woodland creatures.

To Be Continued...

Upon Reflection
Oh my! I got soundly thrashed! My tactics were to last until morning (The end of Turn 13). I avoided combat when I could and tried to search whenever possible. Excuses time…Well 2 out of my 3 guns I got vanished after 1 use + I sacrificed the Gasoline to get Ash’s Chainsaw which also failed me. I can’t even blame my Characters. I got Amanda, Sam, Ash and the Sheriff, all pretty tough. The Bickering at the start I could take. But the This Could Be Our.. Wiped out Ash and Amanda totally. I saw red and charged in with Johnny. He had a Shotgun and there was a crowd of 7 or so Zombies I couldn’t resist a shot at them. Big mistake, sure I felled 2 but then had them all on my space straight after. The Shotgun’s range is a dangerously close 2 so when they got Relentless Advance and their normal move Johnny was soon mincemeat. It was here where I started thinking oh dear… Also Zombie Auto Spawn and the Zombie Card hand size (6) really kept bringing the pain. The Zombies played to their strengths and always kept on the pressure trying to trap me and halting any searching or blocking escape routes. I really enjoyed it none-the-less.

If you are reading this please commentWatchmen02.
To see the next game report go here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...-as-Heroes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-2012, 01:39 AM
RE: LNoE Game Report 9B Revenge of the Dead
I like how you make it into a readable story. I have been really into Earth Overrun and would like to see something like this done if you can. Consider it a request! lol
09-20-2012, 06:36 PM
Read it. Traumatized that my girl Amanda was felled.
09-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Quote: it was Kenny armed with nothing but a name badge and the mistaken belief he was Hero material.

LOL! Great read. Amanda finally got taken down this time. I have never tried this scenario before; it seems brutal on the good guys.
09-20-2012, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2012 07:53 PM by samuraitrev.)
(09-20-2012 01:39 AM)DrkBlueXG Wrote:  I like how you make it into a readable story. I have been really into Earth Overrun and would like to see something like this done if you can. Consider it a request! lol

Cheers DarkBlue feel free to send me a beer and I'll consider itZombie17
(09-20-2012 06:36 PM)kassle Wrote:  Read it. Traumatized that my girl Amanda was felled.

So am I, She'd survived 4 previous scenarios too, damn!
(09-20-2012 07:14 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  
Quote: it was Kenny armed with nothing but a name badge and the mistaken belief he was Hero material.

LOL! Great read. Amanda finally got taken down this time. I have never tried this scenario before; it seems brutal on the good guys.

Yet again you pick your favorite line. Glad I could make you laughZombie17 Yeah it's very brutal especially with Grave Weapons on there too. This is what you 'could' end up with on the board.

14 Zombies from the Zombie Pool.
+8 Grave Weapon Zombies.
+4 Zombie Heroes.

=NastyZombie13
09-25-2012, 02:26 AM
Cheers! I would gladly send some brew for an opportunity to read a crossover
12-14-2012, 09:21 PM
RE: LNoE Game Report 9B Revenge of the Dead (me as Heroes)
Another awesome game report! This one came pretty close to the end for you, so you should at least feel proud that your heroes fought their way so close to succeeding. This scenario is EXTREMELY tough on the heroes, but it is also A TON of fun no matter which side you play! It has definitely become one of my favorite scenarios from what I have played so far.
12-15-2012, 05:39 AM
(12-14-2012 09:21 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  Another awesome game report! This one came pretty close to the end for you, so you should at least feel proud that your heroes fought their way so close to succeeding. This scenario is EXTREMELY tough on the heroes, but it is also A TON of fun no matter which side you play! It has definitely become one of my favorite scenarios from what I have played so far.

Thanks for reading. I'm always grateful to receive comments on my Game Reports. Yes you're right so tough! The Zombies Autospawn special rule is always a killer!
12-18-2012, 08:17 PM
Definitely. As if the zombies weren't vicious enough already, Auto-spawn makes the Zombie Player truly have no concern whatsoever for if they lose a zombie here or there. Chances are before long they will have a full board again.
12-24-2012, 10:04 AM
Those are some awesome paint jobs on your figures. Great story. Is there an Ash character sheet somewhere?