Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNoE Game Report: Blow Up The Town!
07-29-2013, 11:05 AM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2013 11:24 AM by samuraitrev.)
LNoE Game Report: Blow Up The Town!
Hello and welcome to my latest Game Report. This game has been played using every available expansion for LNoE (inc. Timber Peak). This scenario comes with Timber Peak.

Scenario Special Rules: Always Zombie Heroes, Heroes Replenish.
Mission: The Heroes must Search for Explosives and place 1 Explosive in each corner section of the board. The Zombies win by killing 2 Heroes.
Board Sections (random): Hospital (TP), Gym (TP), Gun Shop and the High School.
Characters (random): Billy, Kenny, Amanda and Father Joseph.
Starting Zombies: 8
Turns: 15

HU: = Hero Upgrade
ZU: = Zombie Upgrade
ZGW: = Zombie with a Grave Weapon

Pregame
Father Joseph and Kenny make plans at the Town Centre.
Father Joseph: (filling his pockets with Ammo) “There’s nothing else for it. This town needs to be cleansed in holy fire. We four shall be avenging angels heaven sent to purge the satanic filth!”
Kenny: (leaning on his Fence Post) “Ok let me work this one out. You’re saying we’ve got to set fire to the Zombie freaks and basically burn the entire town? We’re not actually saving it though are we? I mean the place’ll be cinders…”
Father Joseph: “Ha ha! My wayward cherub we shall arise from the ashes like the phoenix and be all the stronger!”
Meanwhile in the High school
Amanda: “For God’s sake put it away. We have to get out of here!”
Billy: “Yeah but you’re so beautiful. We could both die tonight!”
Amanda: “Here’s hoping! Look you’re not my type I usually go for MEN not sniveling, weak, adolescent virgins with an Oedipus complex. How obvious do I need to be? I will say this as plainly as I can so your retarded senses can comprehend. I HATE you and find you physically, intellectually and morally repulsive in every way! Not now, not ever, please, please die already!”
Billy: “So that’s a no then?”

Turn 1
Billy: “My God he’s a Zombie!”
Amanda: “Well duh! His eyeball’s falling out and he’s carrying around a half eaten leg.”
Billy is attacked in the High School by 3 Zombies and he is wounded once. Father Joseph gives Billy his Ammo. Kenny makes it into the other High School building on the east of town.

Turn 2
Father Joseph: “Don’t go in the High School. My God They’ve Taken the Gun Shop.”
Billy had left Amanda alone in the High School with 3 Zombies and she’s attacked and wounded. She Hides from the other 2. Billy’s Youth allows him to heal. Kenny breaks into the Book Store.

Turn 3
Father Joseph’s Strength of Spirit manages to cancel The Smell of Brains and he is wounded and fatigued.
Father Joseph: “Please almighty God protect Kenny he is but a foolish lamb!”

Turn 4
Amanda’s Youth (and stunning athletic physique) allow her to fully heal. Kenny feels a surge of courage and power in the Book Store. He acknowledges that Father Joseph believes in him when all others thought he was nothing but a lowly gimp. He takes all his frustration out on 2 Zombies next to him and crushes their skulls with his Fence Post .

Kenny now gains the HU: (melee) Rush of Combat. Kenny can now heal a wound on the D6 roll of 4+ after killing a Zombie. Billy makes his way into the General Store.

Turn 5
Billy gets a sense of Overconfidence after hearing Kenny take out the Zombies. Kenny fends off a Zombie but takes a wound screaming
Kenny: “Clean Up On Isle 7”
He manages to kill the Zombie and kills a second Zombie with his Fence Post. He Boosts his HU: which gives him +1 Fight Die taking his total up to 4.

Billy is attacked and wounded in the Book Store by an ex-pacifist. The Zombies had gained a ZU: Secretly Bitten. Kenny had now become Infected… Billy’s Youth allowed him to heal again and Kenny finds some Ammo in the Book Store.

Turn 6
A New Spawning Pit is discovered in the Gym. Kenny kills again with his trusty Fence Post in the Book Store. Amanda is attacked and wounded in the High School. Kenny finds a Sledge Hammer in the Book Store but discards it to keep his brain encrusted Fence Post. Father Joseph finds a Signal Flare in the High School and fires it at a Machete wielding ZGW. The Zombie’s head explodes with a nausea inducing crack.

Turn 7
Amanda: “I’ve Got To Get To The High School.”
Kenny is locked in combat in the Book Store and he’s wounded. Father Joseph is wounded in the High School and moans weakly…
Father Joseph: “I Feel Kinda Strange…”
The Zombies had gained a further ZU: Starving Dead. The Zombies attack Father Joseph in the High School.
Father Joseph: “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil- Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhh”
Father Joseph receives a fatal bite but his body rises once more as a brain hungry Zombie. This was not the afterlife he had earnestly prayed for…

Billy loses his Overconfidence after hearing the good Father’s screams. A new Hero arrives at the Town Centre its Jenny. Kenny’s Youth allows his wound to heal in the Book Store and he rips into a Zombie with his teeth snarling
Kenny: “How Do You Like it?”
Billy is wounded in the General Store. Amanda heals with her Youth in the Gym.

Turn 8
Amanda is wounded in the High School by the putrescent pontiff Zombie Joseph. The Zombies had gained another ZU: Tainted. Billy is dragged screaming to the ground and his screams ring out across the chilly forlorn town of Woodinvale.

Result: Zombie Victory (2 Heroes killed)
Hero of the Game: Kenny (6 kills)
Weapon of Choice: Fence Post (5 kills)
Undead kill count: 7

Epilogue
After the death of their leader the rest of the students succumbed to terror and hopelessness. The cold unsympathetic moon gazed down like a baleful watching eye upon the final carnage. The town fells silent and dead.

Upon Reflection:
Well the Heroes searched and searched to no avail. Not a single Explosive turned up for the Heroes. I kept pressure upon each Hero at all times making sure not even 1 of them had any breathing space. Also with only being able to lose 2 Heroes this is a very tough scenario for the Heroes to win. We still had a very enjoyable game though and it was tense action all the way. Kenny surprised us by growing a pair and kicking some ass for once rather than instantly dying!

Please take a moment to comment.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2013, 10:00 PM
RE: LNoE Game Report: Blow Up The Town!
Man looks like tough luck! For once Kenny came through and went beast mode, he normally is so weak in my games. I thought it was funny reading the "other" high school building. I may house rule around having two high schools on the board. Thanks for making these man the blood was a nice touch I look forward to the next one.
07-31-2013, 07:24 PM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2013 07:25 PM by samuraitrev.)
(07-30-2013 10:00 PM)alderdust Wrote:  Man looks like tough luck! For once Kenny came through and went beast mode, he normally is so weak in my games. I thought it was funny reading the "other" high school building. I may house rule around having two high schools on the board.

We just pretend the town has like a campus where there are several seperate High School buildings across town.

(07-30-2013 10:00 PM)alderdust Wrote:  Thanks for making these man the blood was a nice touch I look forward to the next one.

I will keep writing them, even if its only you who's reading them lol!Zombie17
08-01-2013, 05:27 AM
I have found this scenario a tough nut to crack for the heroes, in fact, my group started playing it with a 3 hero kill victory conditions for the zombies as of late. even so, the heroes have only won it once out of 5 or 6 plays (and that was only with one hero dying, so the 3 hero kill hasn't come into effect yet.)

is everybody else having this result?

"with just a touch of my burning hand..."
08-05-2013, 12:05 PM
(08-01-2013 05:27 AM)aldrichgreg Wrote:  I have found this scenario a tough nut to crack for the heroes, in fact, my group started playing it with a 3 hero kill victory conditions for the zombies as of late. even so, the heroes have only won it once out of 5 or 6 plays (and that was only with one hero dying, so the 3 hero kill hasn't come into effect yet.)

is everybody else having this result?

Thanks for taking a look at the report aldrichgreg

I agree it's a damn hard scenario for the Heroes. There's another Game Report of the same scenario here http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...p-The-Town which lasted 10 Turns
I'd like to hear if anyone has cracked this yet. Maybe they have some tactics? It's one of those scenarios where you have to Search but Searching stops you from moving and Zombies love their food to stay still!Zombie13
08-11-2013, 09:02 AM
Great write-up again Trev - lovin' the dialogue Zombie03
08-12-2013, 02:58 PM
(08-11-2013 09:02 AM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  Great write-up again Trev - lovin' the dialogue Zombie03

Thank you Achtung Panzer I always like to put some in. I like to have a laugh when I'm writing itWatchmen02
08-13-2013, 06:39 PM
Great pictures!
08-13-2013, 07:12 PM
(08-13-2013 06:39 PM)drgnaz Wrote:  Great pictures!

Thanks for taking a look!
08-15-2013, 04:31 AM
These reports are great Trev. I can't wait to read the next one.

Si Vis Pacem, para bellum.
Tulta munille