Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LNoE Game Report: Stock Up. October 2013
10-05-2013, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2013 04:06 PM by samuraitrev.)
LNoE Game Report: Stock Up. October 2013
Hello and welcome to my latest Game Report. This game has been played using every available expansion for LNoE (inc. Timber Peak). This scenario is one of the official web exclusive expansions from the FFP website. (Ironically out of stock)

Scenario Special Rules: Always Zombie Heroes, Heroes Replenish.
Mission: The Heroes must collect 4 weapons and a First Aid Kit AND get them to the Stockpile Building, free from Zombies. The Zombies win by killing 3 Heroes.
Board Sections (random): Hospital (TP), Junkyard, Lumber Yard and the Gun Shop.
Characters (random): Billy, Mr Goddard, Alice and Nikki.
Starting Zombies: 4
Turns: 15

H2H = Hand to Hand combat
HU: = Hero Upgrade
ZU: = Zombie Upgrade

Pregame
Goddard: “Get down from there! You’ll break your bloody neck”
Billy: “And? Rather that than Zombie food…”
Alice: “D-don’t talk like that, we have to believe there’s a chance!”
Nikki: This town’s gone Goddard. There’s nothing worth saving. Timber Peak’s burning right now. We have to get to the airfield.”
Goddard: “Right, here’s the plan. We salvage what we can from the buildings and vehicles and get them to the Lumber Yard then we make a move at dawn. Any questions?”
Billy: (Lifting his Gasoline can) “Do you really think there’ll be any planes left at the airfield?”
Goddard: (sliding the pump action Shotgun “What choice do we have. Ok enough talk. Time to move. Good luck.”
Nikki gives Goddard a determined glance and upholsters her Signal Flare

Turn 1
Alice: “Get Back You Devils!” she kills Zombie Elvis in H2H. Goddard passes his Shotgun to Billy outside the Stockpile Building. Nikki made her way into the General Store. Alice crept into the Gas Station feeling All Shook Up.

Turn 2
Nikki Searches in the General Store and finds some Extra Ammo in a hidden drawer. Billy joins Nikki in the Gas Station and he gives Nikki his Shotgun. Nikki gives Billy her Flare. Alice Searches in the Gas Station and finds a Logging Axe in the tool cupboard. Mr Goddard takes a look around the deserted Lumber Yard and starts to check the barriers.

Turn 3
Nikki: “Stay out of trouble Billy the Hospital Building’s Overrun
A child Zombie Shambles to Alice making a pathetic wailing sound in the dark. She holds out her arms mistakenly thinking it was a lost child in the gloom only to be Viciously Attacked and killed. Her screams of horror are cut mercifully short. Her Logging Axe falls from her lifeless hand. A matter of minutes later and her half eaten body rises to prey on the living.
Meanwhile Father Joseph arrives at the town centre bellowing with all his might.
Joseph: “All ye sinners hark unto me. And hark me double good! Before the break of God’s new day you shall all sleep eternal. Filth of Hades, Get thee Gone!”
It would seem a divine power had heard his call and a Hopeful Discovery is made. Goddard scratches his head in disbelief as he finds a First Aid Kit in his rucksack. Nikki Searches again in the General Store and finds some Bandages. Nikki gives the Shotgun and Extra Ammo to Billy. Billy gives Nikki her Flare back and his Gasoline. She discards the Gasoline using her Rescue Gear ability and the Zombie Living Nightmare seemed to be almost over.
Goddard: “Somebody help!”
Billy runs outside and sees Goddard pinned in the corner by an advancing Zombie. He takes aim with his Shotgun and blows the Zombie’s brains all over the sawdust strewn floor. The dark ooze mingles with the smell of wood and Goddard chokes back a tide of rising bile.

Turn 4
The earth attempts to wash the undead filth from her as Heavy Rain falls relentlessly overhead. Father Joseph Searches in the Hardware Store and finds a Monkey Wrench.
Joseph: “Time to anoint some blasphemous hell spawn with this holy mace.” As if on cue Zombies burst through the hastily built barricades and a Zombie sinks its filthy teeth through Father Joseph’s pristine white collar. He scrambles away, blood seeping from his wound.
Joseph: “Oh heaven guide me, I Feel Kinda Strange
He makes a partial Recovery and his wound feels healed but he couldn’t escape the feeling that something wicked had entered his soul. The Zombies had gained a ZU: Mistrust. Billy joined Goddard in the Lumber Yard. Mr Goddard's Search turned up the Flashlight and Pitchfork Double handed combo item. (ITALICS).
Goddard: “Whoa! Whoever put this together must have meant business”

Turn 5
Father Joseph is attacked by 3 Zombies in the Hardware store and a Vicious Attack causes 2 wounds. As he’s Fast Learner of his Dummies Guide to Combat Demonic Possession. He finds the correct incantation to expel his Kinda Strange feeling. Nikki runs to the rescue and uses some of her Bandages to heal Joseph’s 2 wounds. She then Restocks her Bandages.
Nikki: “If you get wounded again The Plant has a Stockpile of First Aid." Mr Goddard Searches in the Lumber Yard and as you would expect he finds a Chainsaw.

Turn 6
Nikki: “They’re Coming From The Plant. My God They’ve Taken The Bank!”
Joseph: “Stay close child. God will shield us from any harm.”
Mr Goddard is wounded in the Lumber Yard as he struggles to get the old chainsaw to start. The Zombies had gained another ZU: Tainted. Father Joseph gets wounded and feels Kinda Strange again. Nikki heals the wound with a Bandage. The Tainted town canceled any hope of making a Hopeful Discovery. Father Joseph’s Strength of Spirit cancels his Kinda Strange feeling but he’s wounded from the spiritual ordeal. Nikki is there again to heal with her Bandages. Joseph uses his Strength of Spirit again but his prayers remained unanswered. Nikki uses her last Bandage to heal Joseph’s wound.
“Now I see thy majesty my Lord. You sent this angel unto me, Nikki, to guide and anoint my wounds.”
Nikki: “Quit falling to your knees Father you’ll rip your bandages!”
Billy fires his Shotgun in the Lumber Yard and the Zombie is sent to final rest.

Turn 7
Billy kills again with his Shotgun he had become an experienced Zombie killer and gained a HU: (Special) Treatment.
Billy: “Ok the coast’s clear Father J, get the hell in here.”
Joseph: “We’ll have none of that blasphemy boy. I’ll put you over my knee!”
Billy levels his shotgun at Josephs face.
Billy: “I think not…”
Joseph: “Consider Daniel 9:9. The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him;”
Goddard: “We haven’t got time for this. Get in, they’re coming!”

Turn 8
Zombie Alice wounds Nikki as she races to the Stockpile building. Nikki makes it into the Stockpile building with her Signal Flare closely followed by Father Joseph with his Monkey Wrench. Billy had his Shotgun and Mr Goddard had his Chainsaw and First Aid Kit.

Result: Hero Victory
Hero of the Game: Mr Goddard (He had a Weapon and a First Aid Kit)
Weapon of Choice: Shotgun (3 kills)
Undead kill count: 4

Epilogue
Joseph: “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler. You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, ... “
Goddard: “Amen to that, I think I see the sunrise. Gather our things we’re leaving in ten minutes.”
Billy: ” We must make for the gap of Rohan”
Nikki: “If we make it out of here, promise me you’ll stop quoting geek”.

Upon Reflection:
The Heroes had good fortune with the Scenario Search Items turning up pretty quick in their starting cards. (This is after other weapons had been discarded as starting cards). (As from Timber Peak if you get Scenario Search Items in the starting cards they must be discarded, however if the Heroes get Scenario Search Items again they can keep them.) Looking back I should have tried to get more Zombies into the Safe house but to be honest every time I rolled to spawn I was rolling really low. The Heroes got on with the job and Searched without even being really under threat. Quite a comfortable win for the good guys and they made this look too easy!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2013, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2013 04:31 PM by Achtung Panzer.)
RE: LNoE Game Report: Stock Up. October 2013
"feeling all shook up" - Trev, you really are the King of scenario write-ups! Zombie03
10-05-2013, 04:41 PM
(10-05-2013 04:31 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  "feeling all shook up" - Trev, you really are the King of scenario write-ups! Zombie03

Cheers and thanks for reading. I undercoated your figure(s) today. I should be painting it/them in the next few days...
10-06-2013, 12:19 PM
Quote:Billy: “Ok the coast’s clear Father J, get the hell in here.”

Haha this is the best line! Nice write up man I've missed these I might be adding more of my own soon. I talked my wife into having a board game night every other Thursday this past we played Escape: the Curse of the temple. It was loads of fun much like Yahtzee on speed.
10-06-2013, 09:06 PM
(10-06-2013 12:19 PM)alderdust Wrote:  
Quote:Billy: “Ok the coast’s clear Father J, get the hell in here.”

Haha this is the best line! Nice write up man I've missed these I might be adding more of my own soon. I talked my wife into having a board game night every other Thursday this past we played Escape: the Curse of the temple. It was loads of fun much like Yahtzee on speed.

Nice move with the game night and thanks for reading and commenting.