Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
LNoE Halloween Special
01-04-2011, 02:31 AM
RE: LNoE Halloween Special
I'm thinking about trying this... Does it take forever with 9 people playing? And it doesn't say the ratio of Heroes to Zombies... for instance if I have 7 players: 3 zombies 4 Heroes or 2 zombies 5 Heroes?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2011, 02:50 AM
Extra Heros(2)= 6 heros. For 7 players split it however you want. 1 against 6, 2/5 with a player controlling 2 heros, 3/4 with 2 players controlling 2 heros each.
01-12-2011, 06:30 AM
just printed it off the gang and i are gonna try it out Zombie03
Watchmen01
01-12-2011, 06:52 PM
(11-02-2010 07:59 PM)SPARTAN VI Wrote:  Think I have a simple solution for deciding where the Book and the Amulet are. Instead of taking out the number counters 1 through 6, you can simply take out the number counters 1-4, then the lettered counters A and B. If I remember correctly, they look the same on the back anyway.

Spartan is right. I always wondered why they didn't print the artifact chips (like the book, skull, etc) one-sided and use the same graphic for the back as the numbers, letters, etc. This would have made these sorts of scenarios easier to play, in my opinion.
01-27-2011, 02:44 AM
We really enjoyed this scenario! Just played it for the first time the other day and found the story/concept to be an attention grabber. However after all relics found it seemed a bit easy to complete so we were thinking of making father Joseph pass a success check on a d6 roll of a 4+ to finish the ritual to add more of a rush at the end. We were discussing how awesome it would be to have a swarm of zombies closing in on you and father Joseph obliterating the zombies with the book and holy flame as people prayed the ritual could be finished in time. Although we have only played this scenario once and thought this may not work out as easy next time. Anyone here seasoned enough to say if this is a good or bad idea as a house rule? Your thoughts and comments would be greatly appreciated.
01-27-2011, 08:55 PM
(01-27-2011 02:44 AM)ByteChain Wrote:  We really enjoyed this scenario! Just played it for the first time the other day and found the story/concept to be an attention grabber. However after all relics found it seemed a bit easy to complete so we were thinking of making father Joseph pass a success check on a d6 roll of a 4+ to finish the ritual to add more of a rush at the end. We were discussing how awesome it would be to have a swarm of zombies closing in on you and father Joseph obliterating the zombies with the book and holy flame as people prayed the ritual could be finished in time. Although we have only played this scenario once and thought this may not work out as easy next time. Anyone here seasoned enough to say if this is a good or bad idea as a house rule? Your thoughts and comments would be greatly appreciated.

Our group really enjoys this scenario as well. I think your suggestion sounds decent. More than saying it's good or bad, I'll say it is needed. We've has some great games with this scenario, but like any search scenario, it can end too quickly with a little luck. I've tried giving some thoughts as to how to fix this as well. If the first two tiles flipped are the relics, then perhaps requiring additional discoveries? Or do you just make it so you have to find more to begin with? Hide the cross as well? Your idea is another way to go. Maybe there could also be stipulation that the ritual cannot be completed if Holy Fire has been used within the last turn or two (the magic needs time to recharge), thus ensuring that Humans are in all out defense mode of Joseph as he tries to complete it and pass his dice check? Ah well, minor flaws aside, I think this is one of their best scenarios, and even better that it is free.

If my planet were a superball, I'd be its' mighty King.
But ruling over rubber probably doesn't mean a thing.
02-06-2011, 01:53 AM
Great scenario, didn't knew it was up.
Thanks for the info.
02-08-2011, 05:45 PM
I have enjoyed this one a lot, it is a favorite of a few of my friends!
02-08-2011, 11:01 PM
You gotta admit that this looks completely awesome. I can't wait to try it.
01-28-2012, 06:58 PM
(11-02-2010 07:59 PM)SPARTAN VI Wrote:  Didn't see this, but it looks awe-thome!!!!!!

Sorry I tend to spit when I get excited. Watchmen02

Think I have a simple solution for deciding where the Book and the Amulet are. Instead of taking out the number counters 1 through 6, you can simply take out the number counters 1-4, then the lettered counters A and B. If I remember correctly, they look the same on the back anyway.

A = Amulet
B = Book

So if you draw a number, then sorry Charlie, search s'more! Eliminates the need for book-keeping and reduces the risk of confusion, ex:

"What number(/s) are we looking for?"
"Dammit dude, I put those dice over there to remember which numbers we needed. Why did you roll them?!?!!?"

Few minutes later....
"Sweet! I found the 4... wai-what is this one again?"

Or you could just roll the number and then write the number everyone is looking for on a piece of paper. Keep the piece of paper near the board for reference.